House Davion Continues To Bleed Members.

97 replies to this topic

#81 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostMaxwell Albritten, on 19 March 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Davions are just waiting for the second coming of their lord and savior Stackpole. It is foretold that he will descend upon the inner sphere and write "Then Davion wins somehow lolol THE END" and it will be so.

This post. I love it. Kinda true too. I enjoyed all the Stackpole books of course ... but this is basically how the books went.

#82 St0neFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, US

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:36 PM

me too! funny that ...

#83 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

#84 -GH0ST-

Rookie

• The Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

Posted ImageJust saying...

#85 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostGhost Leadr, on 24 April 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Posted ImageJust saying...

Take a look at the CW map and you'll quickly realize victories such as that one are in the .1% of the 99.9% of the games that are played.

Edited by Vickinator, 24 April 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#86 Panzerkampfwagen IV

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 151 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostVickinator, on 24 April 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Take a look at the CW map and you'll quickly realize victories such as that one are in the .1% of the 99.9% of the games that are played.

Its pretty obvious from the match scores and damage that they were rushing gens/omega and you guys were able to fight back the rush. Which basically means they gambled and lost, not that you beat them with superior teamfighting. An average Kurita 12-man has individual scores of 1200-2500 for 90% of the group.

Edited by Asian Tupac, 25 April 2015 - 09:50 PM.

#87 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostAsian Tupac, on 25 April 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Its pretty obvious from the match scores and damage that they were rushing gens/omega and you guys were able to fight back the rush. Which basically means they gambled and lost, not that you beat them with superior teamfighting. An average Kurita 12-man has individual scores of 1200-2500 for 90% of the group.

I have this entire match on video. You sure you wanna bet on that? We annihilated the 1st wave with hardly any losses. Having expended half the match time just trying to get that first wave past the gates, their second wave came in split, most sticking and fighting while two broke off for the generators. When that failed hard, THEN they started doing split generator zergs, which also failed. 3 of the mechs I lost were guys who ejected for lack of ammo and 1 was me running out of bounds in my Spider (derp) due to not knowing the map very well and being focused on leading the drop while trying to race back to the front. (Meaning the actual score was 48-15.) Clan Wolf International are good guys, but we simply outplayed them on this drop. I understand faction rivalry requries you to dog out my guys, but you're simply wrong here.

Now, yes, I've played many good Kurita units, and on average they perform very well, largely, I believe, because the huge bonuses for Kurita drew a lot of pilots there and because of a the simple fact they've been under incredible pressure from day 1. It was 'git gud or die' for the entire House. In that same time, Davion hemorrhaged a lot of good talent for various reasons and also grew soft out of the gate because of the advantage of numbers. Once those numbers vanished, we had to begin adapting. Regardless, what I do know is that my unit, 1st Crucis Recon, starting this battle with less than 30 members (since expanding rapidly) sat at #2 or #3 on the Davion leaderboards for most of the first 24 hours and are only being knocked off by sheer weight of numbers and the unfortunate necessity of sleep. (Still #7.) When we've had 12 mans to run, we've only lost 3 or 4 total drops. It's largely unmanagable pugs who have thrown matches for us.

Edited by Benjamin Davion, 26 April 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#88 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Benjamin that is a damn good scoreboard :D

Here's one the Legion prepared earlier....

Posted Image

I can safely say PL do not have weight of numbers but those that are choosing to do CW are doing reasonablywell, personally 18 wins 6 losses so far, however I can 't speak for the other Units out there.

#89 Maximum Effort

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

When is the reset planned?

#90 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Straight after the end of the Tukayyid event.

#91 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

So it seems this event has proven that numerous DavRats only come out of their burrows only when PGI is handing out prizes.
But hides when Liao (smallest faction in IS) is gobbling up their planets. :mellow:

#92 Maximum Effort

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

Cheers Slide

#93 Vickinator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 195 posts
  • LocationInside You

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

So it seems this event has proven that numerous DavRats only come out of their burrows only when PGI is handing out prizes.
But hides when Liao (smallest faction in IS) is gobbling up their planets. :mellow:

Pug davions torpedo any attempt davions have at holding any terrain.

#94 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostShinVector, on 26 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

Never mind that the most significant Liao unit (TCAF) plays almost exlusively during a time when the overwhelming majority of Davion pilots are asleep. There's a reason last I looked at a board TCAF had 50+ planets. They have very little opposition during their primary play time. Are they good? Hell yeah, I've fought them many times, won some, lost some, never rolled them. But the simple fact is they're a large, well organized unit that operates during a time of the day when no large, well organized Davion unit exists.

But yes, Davion has seen a significant uptick in pilots, I'm sure that applies to all factions at this point.

#95 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 26 April 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Benjamin that is a damn good scoreboard :D

Here's one the Legion prepared earlier....

I can safely say PL do not have weight of numbers but those that are choosing to do CW are doing reasonablywell, personally 18 wins 6 losses so far, however I can 't speak for the other Units out there.

I ran a few matches with PL guys just a bit ago (I should be asleep, but hit the forums to peek in first). I feel I can say most Davion units don't have big numbers to field. Personally I've done 43 games and got stomped only 3 times during the event (Games where we had basically no kills and are spawn camped to death). Lessons learned from defending with crappy pugs have actually come in handy. Generally the teams I've been with have won 75% of matches (nearly every defense in particular and fewer counter attacks).

It's counter attacks that are a royal pain in the ass because you have to hit omega and be up on k/d for your team. Many of those come very close to the wire and the mode may need tweaked a bit as I've found attack and defend much easier in general. Anyways, rant aside...

Good units have done CW before anyways and participate in things like Wednesday Night CW and from those I've played with their are a lot of good Davion units. It's mostly low numbers and a abundance of pug players that cause issues.

#96 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostShadey99, on 26 April 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

I ran a few matches with PL guys just a bit ago (I should be asleep, but hit the forums to peek in first). I feel I can say most Davion units don't have big numbers to field. Personally I've done 43 games and got stomped only 3 times during the event (Games where we had basically no kills and are spawn camped to death). Lessons learned from defending with crappy pugs have actually come in handy. Generally the teams I've been with have won 75% of matches (nearly every defense in particular and fewer counter attacks).

It's counter attacks that are a royal pain in the ass because you have to hit omega and be up on k/d for your team. Many of those come very close to the wire and the mode may need tweaked a bit as I've found attack and defend much easier in general. Anyways, rant aside...

Good units have done CW before anyways and participate in things like Wednesday Night CW and from those I've played with their are a lot of good Davion units. It's mostly low numbers and a abundance of pug players that cause issues.

In particular I've noticed that I've gotten an inordinate number of Counterattack matches on Boreal Vault. This is a problem because there is no other map better suited to the Clans range advantage than Boreal and the cold environment helps negate their heat penalty. The most effective strategy for defeating the Clans is to close the distance on them, brawl at close range, and keep up the pressure so much that they overheat en masse. It is difficult to do this on Boreal, where the Clanners can effectively drop back and keep the majority of their weapons in effective range over 75% or so of the map, forcing the Inner Sphere to advance across that portion of the map while only being able to effectively counter-fire over maybe 50%. Can it be done? Yes, and I've done so effectively several times during the BoT, but doing so without a 12-man or against a properly organized team is extremely difficult, possibly more difficult than doing so on any other map. I'm cynical and suspicious enough to believe that PGI has done this deliberately as they've already shown a bias towards the Clan with their ridiculous efforts to recruit IS units to defect to the Clans.

Edited by Benjamin Davion, 27 April 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#97 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 27 April 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

In particular I've noticed that I've gotten an inordinate number of Counterattack matches on Boreal Vault. Can it be done? Yes, and I've done so effectively several times during the BoT, but doing so without a 12-man or against a properly organized team is extremely difficult, possibly more difficult than doing so on any other map.

That map blows and practically requires spawn camping as IS to have a hope if the clanners are at all organized. The number of times that map on counter attack has gone literally to the last couple mechs is crazy. I had one earlier where my Wubmaster and like 5 of my team where all that was left as the game had 30 seconds left, Omega was dead, and the score was tied. I managed to leg and kill one just before the buzzer.

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 27 April 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

The most effective strategy for defeating the Clans is to close the distance on them, brawl at close range, and keep up the pressure so much that they overheat en masse.

Brawling can be good, but clan mechs running hot only helps if they miss. I've come up against clan comp teams during the event and in a brawl they will CT core you before they ever overheat. It's seriously like you have no armor. I've found the best tactics in CQB to be first to leg them, then either take the other leg or go around to their rear and core them while they are crippled. The faster you can cripple them the better off you are, so high alphas are pretty much the best thing. Weapons like LLs and ER LLs have way to much of a delay to deal concentrated damage. Pulse weapons rule if your getting up close and the more energy hard points you have the better.

Now... I have played defense maps, and using the terrain and stupidity on the clanners part, I've out sniped some groups. I forget what big clan units tertiary team we came up against... But they were awful. Lemming up the ramps (great snipe chances), little to know really long range weapons, and they couldn't even figure out how to hit the generator for awhile. We chewed up an entire drop sniping them using lasers and gauss. Round two they got both gates open, but we still sniped them hard. We got a bit bored by then and were up by over 16 kills for round 3, so we just went out and brawled them in their territory instead. We wanted to give them a chance at some points for the event after all... ^_-

Edited by Shadey99, 27 April 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#98 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Well , personally 90% of my runs on this event where the best i've ever had and last one been a bunch of people that never droped together against a mix of clanners.....we kicked their arses XD.

Whoever says Davion has no good players or units is just a damm ignorant *******.

Edited by strikebrch, 30 April 2015 - 07:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users