Building A Clan Drop Deck. Seeking Advice

46 replies to this topic

#41 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

Here are my decks (in order of drop), let it be known that I'm convinced that the Hellbringer is the best clan CW option. It has the potential firepower of a Timberwolf with ECM.

ATTACK:
Hellbringer - Laser Vomit
Timber Wolf - Laser Vomit
Mad Dog - 60LRM
Kit Fox - ERLL Sniper

DEFEND:
Stormcrow Streakcrow
Hellbringer - Laser Vomit
Timber Wolf - Laser Vomit
Kit Fox - ERLL Sniper

The Stormcrow is the best solution for a light rush. If the IS team goes heavy, this gamble loses.

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

I think LRMs in attack are pretty useless, especially in the new map. However, in a 12men i would take 1-2 'Mechs with a few LRMs (but not full LRM boats!) in Boreal to use the LRM trick. I am not sure if it can be useful in the new map as well.

Anyway, two 'Mechs with 2 LRM10s would be enough.

#43 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

Regardless of your (op) opinion and I know there are a (very) few people who are really good with their lurms, there are some people who might get into your case and lecture you if you use lurms. Teammates are also going to be annoyed if your LRMs hit them in their back. LRMs are not going to be very useful in Hellebore and Grim Portico, and not really that much either in Sulferous Rifts. Even in Boreas Vault, I find lasers and other direct fire weapons exceed LRMs in both damage and kill output. If you really have to use LRMs, use a tag laser but I would suggest streaks or SRMs for your Vulture if you are attacking. There is going to be a lot more in your face brawling demand and opportunities if you are attacking, and well in counterattack and defending either. Support the Vulture with lasers or PPCs or ballistics (depending on the variant) with your SRMs or streaks, so in effect, its a hybrid brawler.

Edited by Anjian, 31 March 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#44 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

I drops with Kitfox Hellbringer Summoner and Timberwolf... Summoner is mostly firstdrop and it doing quite well for longrange strike with lbx2 and LRM20 ... I will try streak Summoner...

Edited by CH4CH, 02 April 2015 - 07:43 AM.

#45 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

I was using my DWF/HBR/ICF/MLX for the weekend and a few subsequent matches. Honestly I was surprised how well the MLX was doing on certain maps. I had a few matches where that was my first drop, didn't die, and got like 1400 dmg with 5 kills or something. I didn't expect that honestly.

Since then I've been getting used to the SCR I won, and getting a TBR for cbills next. I ordered the shadow cat wave 3 pack as well, but I am kinda regretting that already. I don't know...maybe another break is in order. Too much game.

#46 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

The Cute Lynx is an amazing mech. I originally bought it as a comedy mech, but jeez that thing kicks some serious butt!

#47 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

I run a bizzarre deck, primarily because I'm a PUG and I try to fill slots I just know nobody else is going to fill.

Kit Fox - 3 cersl / lbx5 / ecm. I try to run it as an "interceptor" so I can keep as many people in the umbrella as I can...unfortunately, I end up being the scout or "derp herder" more often than not ( seriously...if you want your team to move, switch to "counter" and watch them all migrate to the next nearest umbrella).

Hellbringer - 6 cermls in 2 groups, a 1.5 heat efficiency and a TC3. Again, try to keep everyone under the umbrella and herd derps.

Summoner - 4 cerml / clbx10. It's a pretty nimble brawler if you're good at jumping.

Timberwolf - 4 cerml / cuac10. Kinda "meh" about this one...just resisting the urge to load up on noob rockets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users