Im So Torn

12 replies to this topic

#1 Daiichidoku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

assuming it is not too heavily geared for a US audience and retains what original charms the robotech series had, i really want to see this.....i also cannot stomach the idea that my money will in part be going to and keeping alive those oxygen thieves at HG

http://variety.com/2...ime-1201460191/

#2 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

It'll make big money then hg will get sued my studio new.... This could go in our favor. If hug loses its "rights" we'll get the unseen again

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

Should be good as long as all the non-fighting scenes are cut out.

300 was nice eye candy. Didnt see the Immortals.

Cynic in me hopes Sony throws Harmony $old's rapewhistle down the gutter and goes to town on that greedy little tick of a company.

#4 Daiichidoku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

Frank Agrama of Harmony Gold, which is the original intellectual property rights holder, will executive produce with Michael Gordon and Jehan Agrama. Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran will serve as co-producers.

The deal on behalf of Harmony Gold and the producers was negotiated by Ralph P Brescia of Bloom Hergott, together with Leonard B. Rosman, Esq. of the Law Offices of Leonard B. Rosman and Christy Duran, Esq. of Harmony Gold.

Edited by Daiichidoku, 25 March 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#5 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

I hope sony screws them hard

#6 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:34 PM

I'm a bit surprised, since if that gets an international release in Asia, the Japanese rights holders might have something to say about it.

#7 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

Let's hope

#8 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostArmorine, on 25 March 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

I hope sony screws them hard

Pretty safe bet considering it's Sony ;)

#9 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

Exectutive producer of original property means he gets money. It rarely means he will get a say in the movie.

#10 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostArmorine, on 25 March 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

It'll make big money then hg will get sued my studio new.... This could go in our favor. If hug loses its "rights" we'll get the unseen again

HG is in on it, they are go-executive producers...they ain't stupid and Sony ain't about to get into an unnecessary fight over it since they all benefit from a successful project.

Edited by CocoaJin, 26 March 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#11 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostCocoaJin, on 25 March 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

HG is in on it, they are go-executive producers...they ain't stupid and Sony ain't about to get into an unnecessary fight over it dunce they all benefit from a successful project.

But...

Sony is the big fish here and a Japanese company.

Let us don our tinfoil hats and see if this becomes a spectacle to ruin yet another childhood memory.

#12 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hopefully this creation leans towards believable realism rather than unbelievable fantasy.

#13 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 26 March 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

But...

Sony is the big fish here and a Japanese company.

Let us don our tinfoil hats and see if this becomes a spectacle to ruin yet another childhood memory.

View PostCygnusX7, on 26 March 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Hopefully this creation leans towards believable realism rather than unbelievable fantasy.

I suspect HG is going to let Sony hold the reigns on the project. If it's a N. American project, they let it be geared for a N. American audience...plus it's a Robotech project, not a Macross project...that implies it'll be gear for the N. American audience.

I think HG is co-EP for two reasons, to insure it represents Robotech as much as possible and to fill their coffers from the profits. HG needs product recognition, especially of they have any hand in merchandising in the states. I don't see them trying(and I doubt they have the license) to re-invent the visuals for their products, so I'd wager they wouldn't want the visual re-make like the Transformers got from the movies...being a co-EP can certainly aid them in keeping the look on par with the IP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users