Theorycrafting: Edge-Case Builds

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

So, I'm looking for places to experiment, to see if there are particular combinations of chassis, load-outs, and modules that do something surprising.

Right now, I'm saving up to experiment with a Spider 5V with the Shock Absorber module - while both of these seem sub-par together, I'm wondering if 12 jump + a shock absorber might open up some surprising tactical options.

Has anyone else stumbled on a combination of chassis, movement, weapons, and modules that do surprising things?

#2 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

I didn't tell you this, but if you take a Quickdraw 4G and fit it with two LRM racks in the torso and a pair of ER Large Lasers in the right shoulder alongside appropriate modules, you can chuck in a full seven jump jets and do some hilarious but dangerous high-altitude fire support.

#3 Dagon Zur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:00 AM

Panther, long-range troll, I had a similar Loup-de-Guerre build so i tried it on Panther, was surprised at how useful (and annoying) it is:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3dbe7ac2515eaa5

Not sure if it is "edge-case" tho...

Maybe a bit more "edge" has my Nova-B with GAUSS+ERPPPC (both torso mounted, 2,5 tons ammo). I had to remove "some" armor... keep it away from the frontline and do the poptart !

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9e6b3ac88f137e1

Edited by Dagon Zur, 26 March 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 25 March 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

I didn't tell you this, but if you take a Quickdraw 4G and fit it with two LRM racks in the torso and a pair of ER Large Lasers in the right shoulder alongside appropriate modules, you can chuck in a full seven jump jets and do some hilarious but dangerous high-altitude fire support.

It can literally make it rain? :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users