Teamspeak For Cw Event?

20 replies to this topic

#1 Will3019

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

Wondering what the public server info is, because most pugs this weekend won't want to register on a website to use comes, when every other faction seems to have an open ts3 server.

Why is Marik different?

#2 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

Not sure why it is different as I am fairly new but why not register at the main marik site and get the info? It isn't that hard and takes 5 minutes. No one is forced to join a unit. On top of the fact that if you are Marik you should be FWLM and registred on the site anyway. If you are doing CW why wouldn't you want the best opportunity to play wit your faction and not PUG?

#3 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostWill3019, on 27 March 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

Wondering what the public server info is, because most pugs this weekend won't want to register on a website to use comes, when every other faction seems to have an open ts3 server.

Why is Marik different?

Go here: http://www.housemari...gin/do/register and sign up. It takes about 5 minutes.

#4 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostWill3019, on 27 March 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

Why is Marik different?

We do it so on the back end we can manage unit and unit tags through the website (along with some other back end stuff).

As the guys said, it take a couple min to fill out the registration. After that:

You never have to visit the website again ^^

You don't have to join a unit ^^

You can log into the TS server and bookmark it, so you can go straight there without visiting the site ^^

#5 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Why is Marik different?

I want to repeat will 3019 asked

does anyone have the TS3 IP so can just type it in and save the book mark

(I am returning Marik pilot)

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

found it (I think)
not on there web site lol

216.127.64.148:21031

#7 AThousandD

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

I guess whoever pays for the TS server just needs those e-mail addresses so they can sell them to spam companies, that's why the pressure to sign up there.

IIRC I never signed up, but can use the TS server, luckily. For now, at least.

#8 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostAThousandD, on 14 April 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

I guess whoever pays for the TS server just needs those e-mail addresses so they can sell them to spam companies, that's why the pressure to sign up there.

IIRC I never signed up, but can use the TS server, luckily. For now, at least.

False. It has been explained above, if you'd bother to read.

#9 Tarhornak

• Pip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

just follow the post of Grizzly

#10 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Look, if you are worried about your email, then go to a temp email site (do a google search), create an account, then follow Grizzly's post. Get your response and to TS3ing. Most temp email sites will maintain the account from 1-24 hours then it is deleted. The length of time the account is active depends on the server used. Future spam (if it does exist... no comment on that one) or any other unsolicited emails will go to the bit bucket.

#11 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

No one should worry the only thing we do is send you complimentary imaginary "i shot stingr4y in the back and all i got was these lousy internets" t-shirt (has nice target logo on back)

#12 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

I have been registered on the FWLM site for three years now and have never seen an increase in spam (which was minimal to start with). While the above is true about the benefits of having the Teamspeak through the website, the greatest benefit is that the Teamspeak is publicly controlled this way so that any one person having a traumatic life event (such as being hospitalized for long periods) can't cause harm to the server or overall FWLM group.

Edited by demoyn, 24 April 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#13 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

The FWLM is going to be full of guys this challenge...
BTW The Seraphim are back!

#14 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

It's not a lie. It's not a scam. Take off the tinfoil hat.

#15 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

Just signed up on the site. Too bad I also just got the flu and won't be getting all the mech on mech action I hoped...

#16 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 25 April 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

-snip-

After you register and sign in, there's a little doodad on the bottom right of your screen. There is a microphone icon furthest to the right, click it and it will give you options to connect to TeamSpeak.

#17 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

Signing up is easy, but like all things on the internet there are occasionally some problems signing up, which we can help with for those who want help. The website is not a data collection site for email addresses or anything else. The House Marik website is created and maintained by volunteers from House Marik and fully funded by donations from members of House Marik for the use and enjoyment of House Marik members. Sign up or don't. If you decide not to sign up we will still be here if you ever change your mind. :)

#18 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

I get that "15 minutes can save you 15% on your car insurance," but if I'm dropping in a pug match this weekend for the event and I see a bunch of Mariks in the group, I'm not going to sign up for your website just for the little extra cohesion. <--- This actually happened is why it piqued my interest.

Full disclosure, we use this same system for the RRB and I find it completely frustrating. So I'm biased.

P.S. God forbid your drop regularly on two different computers.... If you guys have a solution for that please let me know.

#19 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

There is no spamming. It is not a scam. I have been registered for more then a month and have not received any spam. It is legit for the reasons explained above. Like Grizz said hot the TS microphone button at the bottom right after you register. If this does not work you can get the actual info manually, log in and explain the issue to an officer. They will set the rest up.

#20 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostLance425, on 27 April 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

P.S. God forbid your drop regularly on two different computers.... If you guys have a solution for that please let me know.

Yes. You need to save your Teamspeak identity and transfer it to the second computer.

Here is a link that show the steps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users