The Great Norse Uprising

31 replies to this topic

#1 The Riksdag

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Posted Image

After months of relentless fighting it seemed as if the tattered banner of the FRR would never rise again. Through duplicity, their last untouched holdout Grumium was stolen from them without a single shot fired.

Contained to the ragged battlegrounds of their war-torn Capital-World it appeared as though the FRR was beat. Clans delegated their Solahma units the task of mopping up the remaining pockets of FRR resistance.

But as their world burned the last scattered forces of FRR joined together beneath the blood-red sky. Members from loyalist and merc units alike merged into cohesive 12 man drops. The lines between different units blurred and they were reforged into a True KungsArme.

To the clanners they look like PUG drops consisting of various units, but in reality they are well trained and commanded veteran 12 mans.

The cause seemed lost but these crack KungsArme units did not give up, every day they fought for inches on well defended clan worlds. Every day they probed and tested the defenses of their adversaries, and every day they refused to walk away from a faction that appeared lost and helpless.

Even as the first cracks began to appear in the clan defenses, a message was sent out to the Inner Sphere in an attempt to rally mercenaries to their cause...

And the Mercenaries came, and the FRR continued to battle for inches, and suddenly inches became feet that became miles that became worlds. Suddenly the Great Norse Uprising was born!

We of the FRR thank our valiant mercenaries for their efforts in our desperate war, and we humbly ask you as your contact comes to an end, to sign up once more for the FRR.

Let us, together, see the Great Norse Uprising be more than a mere blip in the long history of this war, but instead let us make it into the beginning of a new chapter. The end of the Clans and the rebirth of the FRR.

Let the Great Norse Uprising burn through the Clan worlds like a cleansing fire until only we remain!

Posted Image

Edited by The Riksdag, 28 March 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#2 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

6REX endorses this message.

#3 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostThe Riksdag, on 28 March 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

We of the FRR thank our valiant mercenaries for their efforts in our desperate war, and we humbly ask you as your contact comes to an end, to sign up once more for the FRR.

Done.

#4 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

ASE Merc Corps answers the call, and signs for another week with FRR.

#5 Markus Keller

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGimlé

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Markus Keller, 01 April 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#6 Lucid231

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

#7 CykloneJack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

#8 Redshirt93

Rookie

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostMarkus Keller, on 01 April 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

View Postcyklonejack, on 01 April 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Two examples of warriors who don't get it.

#9 Markus Keller

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGimlé

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, you're right. I don't get the LARP dude dressed up like an 8th century Norseman ranting and screeching at a valley about freedom and ****. And then that Gollum-esque behavior at the end is just downright disconcerting. Even if I were into roleplaying a sci-fi tactical combat simulator, I wouldn't trust or follow the crazy guy holding a shield and spear in an era of giant walking tanks with freakin lasers in their heads. And other places.

#justsayin

#10 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

Please tell us more about your opinion, because we are absolutely interested in hearing it.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostMarkus Keller, on 02 April 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

...too cool for school...

Haha!
Well, I can't make everyone happy. And if I must make someone unhappy, then I'm glad it's you.

There's no accounting for taste, but I do believe my target demographic enjoyed my brave performance.

Your own bravery, in showing up in this topic with your ORMC companions, to throw stones at us is quite compelling. I am truly humbled.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 02 April 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#12 H22a1Prelude

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Ex -MS- Alliance player with a small 4 player unit [2R] answered the call. We plan on becoming a FRR loyalist unit when our contract is over in 26 Days.

How can we become more involved in the defense of The Republic? I will be on the FRR Hub today for CW drops, hope to stand along side many of you in our shield wall.

#13 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

FRR Hub's the best place to be. You'll run into multiple groups organizing drops throughout the day. The -SO-, 1stRDR and 1st Hussars are usually getting something going. Don't be afraid to hop in a CW game channel and ask if they have room. Or start you're own, eventually people will gravitate towards you.

#14 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hear, hear! There are two groups mobilising on the hub right now. ^^;

#15 Kyriaeus

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image

How do I join ORMC? Saw you guys doing pretty good on the battlefield for being down 10 people.

Posted Image

Edited by Kyriaeus, 02 April 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#16 Markus Keller

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGimlé

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

Hahaha! Dude, I'm not unhappy at all! That was one of the most entertaining videos I've seen in a long time; I haven't had a laugh that good in at least a week. Besides, all I did was post an amusing, to me at least, gif as a reaction to the video. Then your fanboy redshirt93 said I don't get it. If you look closely, you can see the part where I agreed with him.

After that it's all kind of hazy. Especially the cherry picked screenshot that's only tenuously connected to me. I am not here representing ORMC, some of them just kinda tagged along. We're cute like that.

But hey! Don't let me get in the way of your manual stimulation session. Go wild, hoss.

#17 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostMarkus Keller, on 02 April 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Then your fanboy redshirt93 said I don't get it.

Ah, I don't think you get it. This here is the FRR forum. This is FRR territory. The FRR only survives because we stick together. Redshift is not my fanboy, nor is anyone else who responded or liked his comment. He is only a fellow FRR compatriot.

I think it is about time you Steiner's got off our lawn. We got work to do.

And, more importantly.

View PostH22a1Prelude, on 02 April 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Ex -MS- Alliance player with a small 4 player unit [2R] answered the call. We plan on becoming a FRR loyalist unit when our contract is over in 26 Days.

Welcome to the FRR Prelude and 2R. We are excited to have you. =)

All Hail the KungsArme!

#18 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Oh god Dane, being fun of literally the worst unit in the game! However will you endure this!?

#19 Markus Keller

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGimlé

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

Truth be told, I was laughing so hard at your video I had to post SOMETHING. And hell, you should feel special! I've got more posts on this thread than anywhere else on the entire forum combined. That is how entertaining you are. You got talent, kid.

Odins Steed, I don't think that word (literally) means what you think it means.

#20 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostMarkus Keller, on 02 April 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Hahaha! Dude, I'm not unhappy at all! That was one of the most entertaining videos I've seen in a long time; I haven't had a laugh that good in at least a week. Besides, all I did was post an amusing, to me at least, gif as a reaction to the video. Then your fanboy redshirt93 said I don't get it. If you look closely, you can see the part where I agreed with him.

After that it's all kind of hazy. Especially the cherry picked screenshot that's only tenuously connected to me. I am not here representing ORMC, some of them just kinda tagged along. We're cute like that.

But hey! Don't let me get in the way of your manual stimulation session. Go wild, hoss.

I guess when the only place you can fight is on the forums that is where you are going to go. Flame on forum warrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users