39 replies to this topic

#1 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

Alright, here's the situation, Last night 40-70 people attacked blue hold over and over and over again and for nothing because there were 80+ people defending it. There was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY we were going to take that planet. If you are outnumbered, you need a minimum of 96 people attacking a planet and winning most of the time in order to take it. From here on out I highly suggest all CJF units defend what we have first and attack later. By attacking, you are allowing Marik, Liao and Davion to send units to defend the planet we are attacking. We simply do not have the numbers right now to do this and what ends up happening is we take no planets because we are outnumbered and we lose 1-3 planets because we don't have enough defending.

Please, stop attacking until either this numbers issue is addressed or we have the numbers to both attack and defend successfully. right now we can't do that so we have to defend. Choosing to attack guarantees that we will both lose a planet and not gain any unless you have a spare 96 players willing to duke it out.

Can't believe I am saying this but that's the situation we are in. Please give it due consideration.

#2 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

Pat, you are an intelligent leader and warrior.

Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver will shift to defend only.

#3 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 30 March 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

Alright, here's the situation, Last night 40-70 people attacked blue hold over and over and over again and for nothing because there were 80+ people defending it. There was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY we were going to take that planet. If you are outnumbered, you need a minimum of 96 people attacking a planet and winning most of the time in order to take it. From here on out I highly suggest all CJF units defend what we have first and attack later. By attacking, you are allowing Marik, Liao and Davion to send units to defend the planet we are attacking. We simply do not have the numbers right now to do this and what ends up happening is we take no planets because we are outnumbered and we lose 1-3 planets because we don't have enough defending.

Please, stop attacking until either this numbers issue is addressed or we have the numbers to both attack and defend successfully. right now we can't do that so we have to defend. Choosing to attack guarantees that we will both lose a planet and not gain any unless you have a spare 96 players willing to duke it out.

Can't believe I am saying this but that's the situation we are in. Please give it due consideration.

Only defending guarantees loss and stagnation and is not the crusader way. IS already learned this lesson. While it would be nice to do both, if you must pick one, then pick ATTACK*. It takes quite some time to flip planets with ghost drops alone. As we lose dots on the map, look forward to bigger LP bonuses and more enticement to get the manpower that we need.

*As a almost always pugger I assure you that you will have a better time attacking only. If our organized teams want to defend that is certainly beneficial as well but keep in mind that you need huge numbers to match what is being thrown at us.

#4 Mexicutioner46

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

Defend as you will, the Dragon will conquer all... Unless we lose an attack path cause Steiner and clan pup space merge...

DIE VAT BORN SCUM!

#5 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:03 AM

Yeah - lose the initiative. First step towards losing the war :D

#6 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:50 AM

Let me try to explain this...in order to take a planet, you have to attack with more people than what are defending unless you have at least 96 people attacking. otherwise you will just end up in constant hold mode as the enemy floods the que with 12 man teams waiting to counter attack. I hate...HATE!!!!!! going on the defensive but today should have been an eye opener for everyone here. Unless we are able to garner 96+ people to attack a planet, all the defenders have to do is send (1) 12 man team more then what we send and they can lose every single match that they play and still win the planet because they will have 1 team qued up to do a counterattack whenever each team gets done with their match. This puts you in a constant state of defending the square you just took and you can't ever get an attack to push you over the 50% mark. Once PGI implements the fix that is rumored to happen, we can go back on the offensive but right now we should only attack if our planets are secure otherwise we will just end up losing planets while gaining no ground. I don't run CJF by any means, I am just hoping to get people to understand that if we can hold what we have now, relief is coming and we can resume attacks at a ferocious pace again.

We are not losing the initiative, we are trying to hold what we have until PGI can implement a fix that will end this nonsense. As it stands, who ever has the most people wins planets. It has nothing to do with skill or teamwork. So rather then bemoan our plight, I am proposing an alternative to spending night after night locked down in hold mode while Kurita, Steiner and mostly likely FRR as they have a border with us now, takes all our hard won gains away from us. Now, if the numbers are in our favor, by all means, attack but lets hold what we have for now.

Chagatay, that is precisely the problem. We could attack with everything we have and while this event was going on, we did have 96+ people playing so it was possible to take a planet but was still a toss up due to us needing to actually win some. Most of the time though during this event we had anywhere from 30-80 people attacking a planet and that simply isn't enough people to take it so there is no flipping of planets...we just lose ours. Trust me, when PGI rolls out this proposed fix to the numbers game, I will be calling for an all out assault on every faction that borders us and I guarantee there will be a couple of them that will regret opening an attack lane to us.

Something else to consider, if we defend what we have and no clan attacks for now, what will Marik, Liao and Davion do? They will get bored and they will find a way to fix that boredom and any answer they come up with will be good for the clans... :ph34r:

BTW, You're so cute Mex with your die hard RPing :) We all know you're terribly ferocious and all but you might want to go play the "Kurita is mightier than all!" card somewhere else. No one in here is impressed or concerned. See ya on the battlefield.

#7 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

Jade Falcon Prime is supporting the full-defense initiative.

Passing the word along to my unit and as many other Falcon units as possible.

Edited by jeirhart, 31 March 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#8 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

Played alot with my unit during the event. Ghost drops were actually very rare - so I don't buy this argument with too few people.Might be that CJF run into heavy opposition. Hey - thats what steiner sees also on your planets, every other clan planet plus IS planets (Marik especially).
I guess the key to success is coordination. Our regimental leaders were quite busy during the last weeks coordinating different Steiner units, attack and defense. Plus the addition of 10 tons to our drop decks and you see the results now. CJF territory was overstretched and u r now getting reduced to what you can hold with your player base.

#9 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 31 March 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Ghost drops were actually very rare - so I don't buy this argument with too few people.Might be that CJF run into heavy opposition.

It is not that you got ghost drops (although the few you did get probably did not help) but that by having a vastly larger population you forced the type of battles we would be involved in. CJF would need to constantly defend against attacks and rarely get counter attacks on our planets. Meanwhile we would constantly need to defend counter attacks and rarely get attacks on Steiner planets. Only exceptions were when planets were at 100% or 0% respectively.

#10 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

While halting our assault and locking down into defense mode strikes me as a little unseemly, we cannot turn our backs on those of the Inner Sphere we have already liberated. It is our duty as warriors to protect the lower castes -- the 79th Raptor Talon Cluster will hold the line until further notice.

#11 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Do people even read what I say...sorry it was long but I said nothing about ghost drops. Russ even said only about 2% of the drops during the event were ghost drops...please go back and read what I said and understand that it ahs nothing to do with how much land our forces can hold it has to do with the game mechanic of the first team to drop gets the attack. In fact if it had anything to do with what we could hold, the answer would be nothing. If things continue the way they are we couldn't hold a single planet....Please read before posting.

#12 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

What he is trying to say is this:

When you are attacking a planet, if you are outnumbered in the queue, it's impossible to make any further progress. This is a true statement. When an attacker is outnumbered in the queue, he is doing nothing but defending counter attacks - basically he's been forced onto defense by the waiting "defenders".

I understand "why" it must be this way, but I can also understand how it can be frustrating.

The best choice in a scenario where your attack has been ground to a halt by larger numbers is to simply pick a different front to attack on.

#13 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

As my favorite dirty clanner faction. Try not to die until last. - Hold stronk-

With love,

Kuritan on vacation in FRR space.

#14 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

...aaaanndd again...tonight we lost two planets due to people messing around on Benfled.
If the 2-4 groups that were wasting time there had dropped on Rid or Orn, we would have kept them both.

I wish we had a faction chat that was worth something so we could talk to the guys sitting in the lobbies instead of just idle players.
Messages that would get buffered so those in a drop could see them when the get out of the drop.

Edited by Starwulfe, 31 March 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#15 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

I think we need to start spreading this message in game to all the people we drop with. I think a lot of Falconers don't even come to these forums so they don't know. Something short on sweat should help some. "Only attack a planet if our current planets are safe." if they ask why, say that we are outnumbered and attacking planets now is impossible so only defend unless there is no one attacking our planets.

#16 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostBanditman, on 31 March 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

What he is trying to say is this:

When you are attacking a planet, if you are outnumbered in the queue, it's impossible to make any further progress. This is a true statement. When an attacker is outnumbered in the queue, he is doing nothing but defending counter attacks - basically he's been forced onto defense by the waiting "defenders".

I understand "why" it must be this way, but I can also understand how it can be frustrating.

The best choice in a scenario where your attack has been ground to a halt by larger numbers is to simply pick a different front to attack on.

So whats the solution for that? U may uncouple attack from counterattack mode. Ok. That might help the smaller player base in finding a new attack game. However, the queue is still full with "defenders" that will either defend or ghost drop in counterattack. You may go so far to say that the smallest player base on a planet defines the amount of games to be played? Would this help? For obvious reasons no.

#17 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

The solution is to only defend when you throw big numbers at us. only defending effectively takes 3 full house factions out of the equation and levels the numbers disparity some. I think you would still outnumber us but at least we could put up a significant fight. I am not looking to PGI to fix this, I am asking CJF to adapt to the reality at hand and the reality is we don't have enough numbers to attack a planet successfully unless we manage to get 96+ players on at once and they all win often....that's not gong to happen often so our only other option is to defend and hope that we can hold till relief comes in the form of more players. Not sure how the proposed fix the Russ talked about is going to work but when it comes, I will advise adapting to that new reality as well.

#18 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

We currently have a planet at 53% taken and there are 36 plus people attacking a planet that has 48 defenders. If we do not spread the word and get these things in line, we are going to continue losing planets. I suppose it doesn't matter to some as the rumor is that there will be a map reset so maybe I am fretting over nothing...other than the fact that it would be great training for our faction to be able to work together...oh well.

#19 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

yep, we lost La Grave today because so many were attacking and we couldn't lock the 36 players that were attacking La Grave into counter attack mode. with 36 players attacking we should have kept the % to 20% or so but we are going to end up arpund 70%. Do you guys realize that if 36 people are attacking and 48 people are defending, you could literally lose every single match that you are in and still keep the planet? Please stop attacking when one of our planets are under attack unless we have at least 1 full team numbers advantage on them, would prefer 2 but whatever.

Oh and for those that are interested, the 36 people that were attacking the Steiner planet ended up around 20% because steiner had at lest 48 people defending....for the love of god, if you're not going to listen to me, learn from your experiences. They are using these tactics on us every day. Don't be like the clans of lore and refuse to learn from your mistakes.

Edited by Pat Kell, 01 April 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#20 H00L1GAN

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

They were teasing us last night. Argg... I was on defend only, barely 3 matches were all Falcon. I played a couple where we had a lance or a lance and a half from a unit, but the rest was a mishmash of clanners against 10 mans from 1COG (your open channel joke is played out btw) and -CI-

it was rough going...

everywhere was like 48/15 on defense and I saw that attack lane open but remembered this topic. I think people/s process is that they want to play both parts of the game, counter attack is that other half people... don't run...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users