April 7Th Patch

62 replies to this topic

#41 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

i7-2600K Sandy quad 3.4GHz
16Gb RAM
550ti card (the chokepoint in my system)

But this game is optimized for ****, since I can take Crysis 3 and run it maxxed out at 75fps with an occasional dip into 55.
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz

Yes...have you tried overclocking? Pointed a buddy to an aftermarket cooler + aftermarket fans for about $40 and set him up to OC...and no worries since.

#42 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Dont use JJ's unless its the summoner. so dun hurt me none. :)

#43 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

I turned off particles, which means I lost the pretty LRM smoke. It'll be nice to turn them back on.

It dropped from 90 fps to 5. Seriously, it was that bad. And it started recently, so I think it was an actual bug (Russ implied it might not have been all mechs).

#44 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 31 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

What FupDup said.

Basically it allowed players with those mechs to bunny hop. This is a problem for a lot of traditional shooters like Battlefield and CoD.

As for quirks, I am starting to think that PGI should remove all of them, then take a look at balance issues then reapply them in a restrained way.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just I find it interesting that the bunnyhop ability is viewed as an exploit that must be fixed by todays crowd, yet back in the day people viewed it as an added layer of skill that needed mastering in games like Quake even though it was also a bug in that game (at first).

#45 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostGyrok, on 31 March 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yes...have you tried overclocking? Pointed a buddy to an aftermarket cooler + aftermarket fans for about $40 and set him up to OC...and no worries since.

It's overclocked to 3.8

#46 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 31 March 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

It's overclocked to 3.8

Wow...yeah, shite code for that one then I guess...

#47 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostGyrok, on 31 March 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

Wow...yeah, shite code for that one then I guess...

It's been that way since Portico, and it's just the smoke from firing lasers that does it.

#48 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostcSand, on 31 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

Is gonne be solid.

- Map name displayed in 60 second countdown in Community Warfare, no more need to count squares.
- Quirks Pass on Clan mechs both new and some iteration on others
- New IS map Algorithm - fixes bugs but also future proof to support upcoming features to CW.
- FXAA Enabled.
- CW maps now accessible from the training grounds.
- Updated repair tool.
- IS will now have one drop tonnage for both IS vs IS and IS vs Clans.
- Fix for excessive particles being rendered as mechs run hot.

But this has me excited:

- Jump Jet animation fixes for worst offending mechs Firestarter, Victor, Enforcer and Timber Wolf.

- Jump Jet animation fixes for worst offending mechs

How sweet it will be to watch some people's crutches get kicked out and the crying that will ensue. Oh yea, your time's up glitching d-lords, better get it in while you can!!

Where you been, man???

#49 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 31 March 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Where you been, man???

Well, I played Dark Souls 2 one night and beat the boss I was stuck at, so it's been sucking up some time (beat a couple news since then, can't get the balls to go into this pitch black pit though lol).

I'll be mechin' tonight though sir :D

... also there was a short period where I got banned here so I've been posting a bit less to avoid that whole thing again :blush:

Edited by cSand, 31 March 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#50 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Oh and InsepctorG, this is for you man. We miss you buddy:

#51 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostGyrok, on 31 March 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Actually, I have been playing TWs without pumping JJs in preparation for this day for quite some time...and you know what I realized after that adjustment in playstyle? The hitboxes are not good, they are not even ok, they are bad.

The arms are almost all ST.

The mech is as wide as an Awesome and just as tall, with a few holes between the body and arms, otherwise, easy target.

Running any kind of missiles increases your profile by something on the order of 25-30% and make you extremely vulnerable. This from running SRMs, I could not even be bothered to put LRMs on a TW, and those boxes are HUGE.

The nose can be hit from nearly any angle. There is no shielding your CT.

The ST hitboxes are so large they cover approximately 70%+ of the upper half of the mech.

Really, I hope you understand how uninformed you are about the TW.

It is so bad, I honestly expect a realignment of hitboxes before it is all said and done...the STs are that bad.

Already laying the groundwork for your whine RE the Timberwolf after your bunny hop crutch gets taken away huh? Players like you will eventually be the death of this game........you are convinced that your precious clan crap should have all of the advantages with absolutely ZERO draw backs.

Edited by R Razor, 31 March 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#52 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostcSand, on 31 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

But this has me excited:

- Jump Jet animation fixes for worst offending mechs Firestarter, Victor, Enforcer and Timber Wolf.

How sweet it will be to watch some people's crutches get kicked out and the crying that will ensue. Oh yea, your time's up glitching d-lords, better get it in while you can!!

I know its not a mega damage mech, but dont forget those spiders. They are still the most consistently hard to kill mech, and I've faced numerous JJ exploiters running them over the last couple months.

#53 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

I too would like to see a buff for cbill and xp earnings. cw can be profitable only if you have a great match otherwise it's a big waste of your time.

#54 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:55 AM

"Looking for group" is to me the best addition from this, indeed solid, next patch.
"CW maps in training ground" comes 2nd.

:ph34r: but the biggest thing in Russ's post is the new mechlab thing though

Edited by XtremWarrior, 01 April 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostXtremWarrior, on 01 April 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

"Looking for group" is to me the best addition from this, indeed solid, next patch.
"CW maps in training ground" comes 2nd.

:ph34r: but the biggest thing in Russ's post is the new mechlab thing though

will it even help? whenever I tried using the faction chat no one ever replies, I wonder if the standard gamers even know it exists.

#56 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostR Razor, on 31 March 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Already laying the groundwork for your whine RE the Timberwolf after your bunny hop crutch gets taken away huh? Players like you will eventually be the death of this game........you are convinced that your precious clan crap should have all of the advantages with absolutely ZERO draw backs.

I have been playing without pumping JJs for the last 2-3 weeks, and frankly, it changes the dynamics of the mech completely. The hitboxes will be exposed for what they are.

I have no "crutches", and frankly, players like you would benefit to take some reading comprehension. I think you will find if you actually...you know...READ what I wrote...you would see my point. The TW hitboxes are bad.

#57 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

I heard that the "JJ bug/exploit/whatever" once solved will change Firestarters for example...
For some time now, i did not do this bunny hopping. No one did kill me faster then?! My 8 SPLs did continue to beam death at heavy backs...
So maybe one shouldn't put too much into this change? *just want to prevent nerd rage afterwards*

EDIT: Collision with Gyrok's post... I can't second that. But maybe it just due to bad opponents? ;)

Edited by Draal Kaan, 01 April 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostDraal Kaan, on 01 April 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

I heard that the "JJ bug/exploit/whatever" once solved will change Firestarters for example...
For some time now, i did not do this bunny hopping. No one did kill me faster then?! My 8 SPLs did continue to beam death at heavy backs...
So maybe one shouldn't put too much into this change? *just want to prevent nerd rage afterwards*

Firestarter already had lag shield and crazy good hitboxes. The TW has massive STs.

#59 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 01 April 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

will it even help? whenever I tried using the faction chat no one ever replies, I wonder if the standard gamers even know it exists.

Yeah, i know. But from now on people will at least have the option to do so. Maybe the lambda pugger will never see it's use, but the smart ones will have a powerful tool to access group queu and find friends.

This (with faction chat) are the kind of social features MWO needs to be more than a niche game.

Edited by XtremWarrior, 01 April 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#60 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 31 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

What FupDup said.

Basically it allowed players with those mechs to bunny hop. This is a problem for a lot of traditional shooters like Battlefield and CoD.

As for quirks, I am starting to think that PGI should remove all of them, then take a look at balance issues then reapply them in a restrained way.

in my opinion using jj to help doge fire is ok, but ofc teleporting up due to broken animation is not..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users