Unbinding

3 replies to this topic

#1 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

How is a normal human supposed to unbind a key? My hard disk was corrupted and I'm in the process of reinstalling things. The X axis for my joystick is by default is binded to torso twist. I use the mouse for aiming, so this is useless to me and gets in the way. If I click torso twist in the controller menu then hit escape it just prompts me if I want to save and then skips out of the menu. I know I can change the XML files, I'm just wondering how 99% of the people who play this game are supposed to make this kind of change using the user interface.

Edited by JimboFBX, 31 March 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#2 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:08 PM

Correction, I have no idea how to unbind this because I no longer see a users folder where I can change the bindings.

Edit:

Found it:

C:\Users\<computer user>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Profiles\<mechwarrior user>

edit: had to bind the control to somethign else in order for it to show up in the xml file where I could then figure out how to unbind it

Edited by JimboFBX, 31 March 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#3 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostJimboFBX, on 31 March 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

How is a normal human supposed to unbind a key? My hard disk was corrupted and I'm in the process of reinstalling things. The X axis for my joystick is by default is binded to torso twist. I use the mouse for aiming, so this is useless to me and gets in the way. If I click torso twist in the controller menu then hit escape it just prompts me if I want to save and then skips out of the menu. I know I can change the XML files, I'm just wondering how 99% of the people who play this game are supposed to make this kind of change using the user interface.

Yep. Unbinding keys is a massive pain in the arse and needs to be rectified ASAP. It should have been added when keybinds were.

#4 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

Guide to unbinding:

1) Bind the function you want to unbind to the "w" key.
2) Bind the "w" key to forward.
3) Done.

Edited by gloowa, 03 April 2015 - 04:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users