Drop Deck For Pug Matches

5 replies to this topic

#1 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

Could we have a drop deck for pug matches? Instead of a tonnage limit have 4 of what ever weight class you are running. Then you get 1 of 4 options to pick from depending on the map you get.

#2 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:07 PM

everyone would pick Heavies and Assaults each map

#3 ThirtyOughtSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

I like the idea. But, it may draw from CW players which has limited player base as is.

#4 destroika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostHyper99, on 01 April 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

I like the idea. But, it may draw from CW players which has limited player base as is.

Yeah, could barely get a cw game at all today. Got tired of waiting 10+ minutes for each lobby, and then 5+ minutes for an opponent, just to get a bunch of people standing around and causing friendly fire. Then again, maybe this is the best time for something like this since all the organized groups got burned out from the weekend event. Admittedly though, I'd be in all dwf's camping the hell outta base since that has proved most effective for me. (Not sure on my 4th, but it would just be backup anyway).

What I could really use is the ability to save fits so in a couple mouse presses, I can have a totally different mech on the same chassis. Except, that would actually be a step away from the clickfest MWO is EVERYWHERE in the game. *leave queue*, *yes, I'm sure*, *OK, I realize I've chosen to leave the queue*. *play now*, *why would I want to search private matches? Is that even a thing?*

Edited by destroika, 01 April 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

PUG matches don't have tonnage limits, they are decided by number per class.

Either way, I would love to be able to pick from a select number of mechs based on the map choice before hand, it would be close to what we have wanted for 3 years now.

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 01 April 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#6 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostHyper99, on 01 April 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

He's [the OP] not talking about having a drop deck for a match. He's talking about having a choice of just before dropping in a match once you know the planet.

To get it to work, you'd have to set it up were a player chose 'Light' or 'Medium', etc etc, and then in the drop lobby,you can select from your stable of Lights or mediums, as appropriate.

But...too much work for the single drops. PGI needs to focus on CW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users