19 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

ComStar News Bureau

Bulletin #00-08-C

Reward Adjustments to Factions effective immediately.

ComStar News Bureau Agents are confirming reports thatchanges to reward structure are being implemented by the following Factions.

Changes:

Faction

Change

C-Bill Amount

Loyalty Point Amount

Clan Wolf

Increased

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Clan Smoke Jaguar

Increased

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Davion

Increased

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Kurita

Reduced

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Liao

Reduced

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Steiner

Increased

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Free Rasalhague Republic

Reduced

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

No Changes:

Faction

Change

C-Bill Amount

Loyalty Point Amount

Clan Ghost Bear

None

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Marik

None

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Clan Jade Falcon

None

75,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

#2 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

So everyone's set to 75k. .. now just have to wait til everyone finishes bouncing around collecting the various faction rewards to see what actual house populations will be...

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

My guess is populations will start to lower as that was making up a good chunk of the lost c-bills for the solo/pug players versus playing standard drops.

75k doesn't seem like much, but when you are already making a fair bit less than standard drops in the same amount of time that little bit really adds up for those guys.

Edited by sycocys, 09 April 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

EVERYONE GETS 75K!

*insert Oprah meme*

#5 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

I dunno about you but I make WAY more money in CW.
Especially when loyalty point rewards are added in.

#6 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

I am sad. I have been FRR for months and now that certain units switched to the FRR flag for the money, we diehards get shafted.

Too many people on my lawn.

#7 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

yay another swing of the bribery pendulum

#8 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

Nice, so everyone is again equal....all that remains now is for the rewards in general to be about tripled so community warfare is about en par with regular que cbill earning, lol

#9 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

There is no such thing as fidelity in MWO, nor does PGI care to foster it

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 09 April 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#10 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 09 April 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

I am sad. I have been FRR for months and now that certain units switched to the FRR flag for the money, we diehards get shafted.

Too many people on my lawn.

Look at the bright side, the hardcore FRR warriors will stay and c-bill grabs will go. Freedom is out currency! ;)

#11 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

But if all the CW rewards are the same, which faction will MS jump to next?

#12 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

This is not the way to balance anything out. I "mercs" will just go were the money is. Make being apart of a house mean something. Rewards should be unique, holding or owning a planet should have customization in defense offense flags banners logos etc. this is just a rinse repeat solution that will never work long term. FYI

#13 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

Now i thought along time ago, the plan was that "merc" units would recieve more cbills but less loyalty Points, where as house units would recieve more loyalty points but less cbills. I mean truly as it stands now there is house units and clans. There is no such thing as Merc Units...that being said maybe there are no house units and we are all just Merc units?

But i remember when they said that there would be things like Merc units unlocking famous Merc Patterns and Colours as well as House Units doing the same with there more famous units. Where has all the actual flavor perks gone? Why did we bother to pre register merc units?

Now we are all earning the exact same thing? so why Choose to fight for davion vs Liao...whats the advantage of staying with Kurita? I guess im just worried that we are going to see less and less of a community in CW, especially when this game has soooo much lore involved in it and its not even being touched at all. CW has more or less boiled down to a free for all with no story behind it other then "Hey this is the inner sphere, here are the Great Houses, and now here come the clans. have at it"

Kurita Hates Merc...FRR hates Mercs...Davion and Steiner are one nation. Comstar is not to be trusted. Perpheriy Pirates are always lurking...and then come the clans....why can i join a perphery Unit and attack Liao...where is the Comstar Faction...where is a true merc faction...what about Unit coffers what are we ever going to use those for? i guess i just hope that PGI will buckle down on some of this stuff and maybe re work CW and how it works and how it effects everyone and draw us into a Story rather then just a pew pew fight die rinse and reuse.

#14 Lulz Kev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'm not as up to par as I should be with CW.

But is this saying now that all factions have a MINIMUM payout of 75k / 75LP?

Or what is the significance of this change?

#15 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

CW right now is total waste of time - you cant get a drop unless you are a 12 man (i only see multiples of 12 - i changed side in fedcom to farm more mechbays and get zero drops). then pugs dont win, pugs sandbag. it is a sorry state with most of them lingering at the gates trying to _farm kills_ instead so they get money and mech bay.
winning or loosing planets: whats it good for ? any gain ? no. we might as well join a single faction and ghost drop planets on all sides for the fun of it... zero gain or consequences on the grand map.

all that counts is short term stuff.

regarding loyalist rewards: i dont see a big difference in loyalist vs. 30 days. the big difference is that if you farm _ALL_ the houses and clans up to at least 6th level you walk out with a lot GXP, a bunch of items and a number of mech bays.
if you really want to know whats powering the carousel - players lacking cold hard real life cash doing mech bay farming. my opinion.

that and i want pirate factions :)

#16 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

With this... Another excuse is gone.

#17 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Earning C-Bills in general is what I see as one of the biggest issues when trying to convince friends to join MWO.

Every single mate of mine stopped playing MWO because it feels too grindy for them and I don't blame them. Looking at the prices of the Mechs (and considering that a stock Mech is rarely any good) compared to what C-Bills we earn per match is just not great really.

#18 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

Really at this point (granted its beta) CW is nothing more than respawn mode. This respawn also enables a total lack of tactics, i.e. pissing mechs into the wind or zerg rushes. If CW was strickly one spawn, that would force people to have to accept the consequences of their actions (gasp)

CW has the potential to be the door for exploring the battletech universe. Hell, the back story was done decades ago. Aside from lazyness or lack of ambition, there is literally no reason why this game cant be as immersive and rewarding as star citizen is promising to be. A huge pool of material is there to be used. Not like pgi would have to start from scatch.

I think that CW has turned into a long "rinse and repeat" mode in mwo. People jumped all in, and now are just burned out and bored.

Come on PGI, add some depth to this game. Please?

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 09 April 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#19 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

Will this changes ever end ??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users