6 replies to this topic

#1 Mirar

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

So yesterday I got a new laptop, and I wanted to install MWO on it so I could play some games.
But about 30 minutes after starting to patch i got the folllowing error:

MD5 Hash Mismatch
The downloaded file is corrupt. The MD5 hash of the local file doesn´t match that of the file on the serever. Would you like to retry?

I already tried redownloading the whole instaler, which still produced the same message to pop up-
I also tried to just take the game files from the old laptop and get them to work but that didn´t work, as they needed to bne repaired, and the repair tool always stopped working after it started fiixing.
My question now is there anything else I could try to get MWO installed on the new laptop?

post scriptum: I wasn´t sure where to post this, so I put it in general discussion, if there Is a more appropriate subforum I didn´t notice, could a mod please move this thread there?

Edited by Mirar, 11 April 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:16 AM

I'd send a note to support@mwomercs.com, I've heard they are very helpful with tech support issues related to the game.

#3 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:34 AM

Moving to workarounds.

#4 Mirar

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:20 AM

I was able to solve the üproblem by running the repair tool instead of clicking the patch button in the launcher

#5 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostMirar, on 11 April 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

So yesterday I got a new laptop, and I wanted to install MWO on it so I could play some games.
But about 30 minutes after starting to patch i got the folllowing error:

I already tried redownloading the whole instaler, which still produced the same message to pop up-
I also tried to just take the game files from the old laptop and get them to work but that didn´t work, as they needed to bne repaired, and the repair tool always stopped working after it started fiixing.
My question now is there anything else I could try to get MWO installed on the new laptop?

post scriptum: I wasn´t sure where to post this, so I put it in general discussion, if there Is a more appropriate subforum I didn´t notice, could a mod please move this thread there?

Is MWO currently working on your old pc/laptop?

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 19 April 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#6 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostMirar, on 14 April 2015 - 03:20 AM, said:

I was able to solve the üproblem by running the repair tool instead of clicking the patch button in the launcher

After 3 days of this error cropping up I was ready to try this option this morning... but, somehow the DL/Install finished up... fired the game up and at least got into it... now, to patiently wait another 40 minutes or so to see if I can get into a Drop...

#7 Chaubin

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

I have this problem as well, the patcher errors out, and when I run the repair tool, it gets to causticvalley_ig.pak, downloads about 6.56 mb of the file, then stops and crashes. Refuses to download that file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users