30 replies to this topic

#21 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

As said, it's great that the heroes are in fact not better, as accusations of "pay to win" would inevitably ensue.

The Grey Death puzzles me as it doesn't even offer any new flavor: it's just very, very similar to SHD-2D and SHD-2D2. Even the quirks are similar and don't change the picture. I guess it makes sense if you love the SHD-2D(2) and are willing to drop MC for less c-bill grind.

#22 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostQuestia, on 16 April 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

Well, speaking of Sparky...

Brawls? GRF-3M > GRF-1E [Sparky]
Because 4 ASRM4 + 2 MPL 3M is still greater than any form of Pulse Laser boating on the Sparky under 270m.

Medium-range poking? GRF-1E [Sparky] > GRF-3M
There's a reason why the Sparky is known as the IS' own version of Stormcrow laservomit, after all. IS tech, yes, but it has JJs.

So... unsure here.

I'm not so sure that 3M build would beat a 6x MPL Sparky. The PP damage is way higher, and it runs cooler.

Sparky is clearly the best Griffin, because speedy laser vomit >>> missile vomit.

I don't think any other heroes are superior to their basic variants.

Edited by Kevjack, 16 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#23 VitiateDiabolus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

This thread interests me since I've been trying to decide if any of the hero mechs are worth spending my Founder MC on. At least, when there's a sale.

#24 Haitian Voodoo Ritualist

• Pip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostVitiateDiabolus, on 20 April 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

This thread interests me since I've been trying to decide if any of the hero mechs are worth spending my Founder MC on. At least, when there's a sale.

Loup De Guerre(Trebuchet) is probably my favorite hero mech that I own. Without speed tweak it zips around at 105.3 KPH, combine that with two medium lasers and four SRM-4s and you've got yourself a good time.

#25 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

Steer clear of the Golden Boy. In exchange for worse twisting and a lowered engine cap, it gets (gasp) a second CT missile hardpoint. The 19 is simply better.

#26 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:49 AM

I think the Treb is probably the most fun mech I've never played in. Both the LGD and Champion versions look like they're built for guys who really want to have fun.

#27 VitiateDiabolus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 22 April 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

I think the Treb is probably the most fun mech I've never played in. Both the LGD and Champion versions look like they're built for guys who really want to have fun.

Never played in?

#28 Cloora

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

The Boar's Head isn't worse than then D-DC unless you REALLY favor the ECM that much. The 6 Energy hard points on the arms allow you to put a LOT more damage pinpoint with like say MPL than the ASRM-6s that many people run on the D-DC.

Most people rip out the XL400 engine in the BH and sell it. I have a 325 standard in mine as Atlas' are always getting side torsos blown off. It is fun as hell to run around at 71 km/h in an Atlas though but you die so fast. Most people run AC20s in both because they have the tonnage to use and only one ballistic slot.

My AS7-S is the highest DPS brawler but still the missles don't pinpoint like the BH MPLs do.

Also you forgot the Commando TDK is not as good as the 2D

#29 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

'Hero' doesn't necessarily mean better in this game. They are here only to provide unique hardpoint combinations. This is also why we don't need Clan OmniHeroes; you can already customize their hardpoints.

#30 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostCloora, on 23 April 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

Also you forgot the Commando TDK is not as good as the 2D

It's much, much better actually. The Death's Knell is the best Commando by a pretty wide margin (faint praise, but still). The 2D is arguably the worst. Low engine cap and useless IS streaks aren't remotely offset by ECM.

#31 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 13 April 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

agree . . .

for me it's also

Cataphract 4X > ILYA MUROMETS ( just my personal opinion :) but ILYA is second one. )

4x has 20 dps. Can't get anymore chainsaw then that. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users