8 replies to this topic

#1 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Hello!

I've begun recording some games where I provide commentary on the game as I play it. What I'm trying to do is document what's going on in my head as I play. I'm curious to know whether or not videos like these videos might help newer players to understand the role of lights, or even just general map strategy. All recorded games are PUG matches, but a friend from my unit joins me later in the series.

I've heard that it's hard to play games and narrate at the same time, and can now confirm it's true. Sometimes I stutter as things catch my attention, and I often hear myself saying one thing and meaning another. I'll try to work on that. :D

These two videos are excepts from a longer series and I would like to know whether these are worth continuing.

Thanks to everyone for taking a look!

ENTIRE PLAYLIST
https://www.youtube....Ppy2wnrOqCHYNBc

Edited by Hornsby, 13 April 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#2 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:05 PM

good stuff!

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Watched the Spider one. Was good, with lots of good info on Alpine. Too bad about the sudden and unexpected death, but that happens to lights all too often.

#4 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

Thanks! Actually the death that round didn't surprise me in the least. I did play a bit aggressively when I went in against that Dragon and in all honesty I probably would have had to put another round of lasers into that CT afterwards in order to finish it off.

In smaller groups, I sometimes take risks like this in order to explore what I can get away with, and despite trying to record a clean game, curiosity did get the best of me.

#5 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:13 PM

Sorry for the stupid question: what fov value are you using?

#6 Omi_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 12 April 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

Sorry for the stupid question: what fov value are you using?

I don't see how that's a stupid question, lol. I just checked, and it's currently 85.

Edit: Added a link to the Youtube playlist. There are 6 total videos uploaded so far.

Edited by Hornsby, 13 April 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#7 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:55 AM

View PostHornsby, on 13 April 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

I don't see how that's a stupid question, lol. I just checked, and it's currently 85.

Edit: Added a link to the Youtube playlist. There are 6 total videos uploaded so far.

Thanks a lot :)
I must give a try because it seems a pretty good view with the fs9.

o/

#8 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostHornsby, on 12 April 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Thanks! Actually the death that round didn't surprise me in the least

I knew you were going to die (I can tell, as that's the way I play, and I recognize the signs). What surprised me was the suddenness of it. Somebody must have hit you just right or you would have had time for another volley.

#9 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

I've begun recording some games where I provide commentary on the game as I play it. What I'm trying to do is document what's going on in my head as I play. I'm curious to know whether or not videos like these videos might help newer players to understand the role of lights, or even just general map strategy. All recorded games are PUG matches, but a friend from my unit joins me later in the series.

Very Good! Would like to see more of this type of vids....the what am I doing & The Why. Very helpful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users