hey min maxers... HEAD.

Table top rules:

Internal = 3 pts
Armor = 9 pts

MWO (Double armor/internal rules?)

internal = 6
Armor = 18

To survive 1 hit from all weapons to your cockpit:

AC 20 = 20 dmg = 24 - 20 = 4, -1 to have 1 internal remaining after being head shot by an ac 20 = 3 armor your can take off the head.

Normally, even with full armor max

ac = 20 * 2 = 40. kills you in two hits anyway
gauss rifle = 15 * 2 = 30 kills you in two hits anyway
PPC = 10 * 3= 30 kills you in 3 hits no matter what
Large laser = 8 *3 kills you in 3 hits no matter what

Summary, you can shave 3 points of armor from your head and still have a very tough noggin.

if you want to be able to survive only a gauss to the head you shave off up to 8 points of armor.

This isn't advised for assault mechs but for light fast mechs

Edited by ManDaisy, 02 July 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#2 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

so you don't have to so hard headed !!! (( ba dump thissh))

soo bad such a stupid pun i could not help it..

#3 csebal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

You completely ignore the fact, that you can be killed by multiple shots of smaller weapons as well. Having more armor in the section that is the easiest (HP wise) to destroy and that you cannot afford to lose is hardly a bad thing. I might still not survive two hits from an AC/20, but if I survive just 1 more lucky laser sweep, i'm already ahead.

#4 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm really disappointed, since I was expecting this to be a shave your head contest for charity,fun or whatever. For the OP, what do you think about sniper rifles used by elementals or better yet a weapon similar to a modern day anti-tank rifle? I wonder if the devs have had a similar line of thought and asked " What if we have players that just want to snipe with a gauss?' To go further on this tangent what if they gave AC20 the same range as the gauss?

#5 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostMuffinTop, on 02 July 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

I'm really disappointed, since I was expecting this to be a shave your head contest for charity,fun or whatever. For the OP, what do you think about sniper rifles used by elementals or better yet a weapon similar to a modern day anti-tank rifle? I wonder if the devs have had a similar line of thought and asked " What if we have players that just want to snipe with a gauss?' To go further on this tangent what if they gave AC20 the same range as the gauss?

AC/20 is bad enough, thank you. It doesn't need any improvement.

What's this about double armor? If you're talking about ferro, isn't it a 20% bonus to armor value?

#6 mr Zonke

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 52 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

oh I thought it was about ultra nerd immersion, shaving your head so the neural helmet connects better =p

#7 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostGrugore, on 02 July 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

What's this about double armor? If you're talking about ferro, isn't it a 20% bonus to armor value?

It is per ton but armor on any location is maxed at a certain value. Ferro armor just make you need less tons of armor to fill that max value so it only makes you lighter.

View Postmr Zonke, on 02 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

oh I thought it was about ultra nerd immersion, shaving your head so the neural helmet connects better =p

Slow days up a head. :)

View Postcsebal, on 02 July 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I might still not survive two hits from an AC/20, but if I survive just 1 more lucky laser sweep, i'm already a-head.

I see what you did there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users