[Suggestion] - Level Of Experience Within The Friends List

No replies to this topic

Poll: Please Vote and Discuss your choice below (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Would anyone prefer to have a number next to their name in the Friends List that represents a Level of Experience?

1. Yes (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Would anyone prefer to have an arrow that represents their daily increase in leveling next to their name in the Friends List that you can see if you hover over top of or click?

1. Yes (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 m

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

Hello Everyone

Would anyone here prefer to have a number next to their name in the Friends List that represents a Level of Experience?

Perhaps even an arrow that represents their daily jump in leveling that you could see the figure of if you hover over top of it or click it?

If you vote YES or NO it would be for an implementation of some kind and not necessarily for how I am suggesting implementation.

How this can be implemented could be from 3 vital statistics.

Two of them could be from your Profile / Stats / Base Stats section within your Profile, which could be "Experience Points" and "Avg. XP Per Match".

If you take the figure from "Experience Points" and divide it by 100,000 (a fixed divisor) you could get a workable figure to start with.

For example; 55 759 "Experience Points" / 100,000 = 0.55759

Secondly, if you take the figure from "Avg. XP Per Match" and divide it by 100 (a fixed divisor) you could get another workable figure.

For example; 199 "Avg. XP Per Match"/ 100 = 1.99

Lastly, the third statistic. This could be the default statistic to start with and could grow by default. I think we can all agree that the amount of Years since we made our account could be a good baseline, so almost as if on our own sign-up date we would get a social birthday gift of +1 of a Level. I know, like others since 2011, many were added to a list and had to wait 6 months till some kinks in the system were fixed so we could post in the forums, and the date in our profile doesn't represent the actual sign-up date (10/31/11 for myself according to my email history).

For example; 0 "Year(s) since sign-up date = 0

How the Level Total calculation would work is displayed below and a number representing the "Level" would be next to your name in your friends list and have an arrow next to it (pointing UP) representing how much you advanced that login session.

(0.55759) + (1.99) + (0) = 2.54759 Level

It would be written in game as 2.54

Avoiding the rounding of numbers up or down to a whole number would be good. There is no need to make it a whole number. Let the number grow visually on it's own. The more technical the better, at least to the nearest 100th when seen visually. So if your Level is 2.54759, then you would observe it as 2.54, even though the full calculation is fully written out somewhere (possibly in your profile?).

Please Vote and Discuss your choices below.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Edited by m, 13 August 2017 - 01:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users