13 replies to this topic

#1 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Community Warfare needs to go back absolutely to zero, right back to the drawing board. I've played in every official multi-player iteration of MechWarrior since NetMech 95, and have never seen the wanton garbage that I've seen in Community Warfare, here. CW should be a community experience, meaning anyone who joins the game, thereby becoming part of the community, should be able to get into this game, just like they would be able to in the PUG queues. I'm not saying the game needs to be dumbed down, nor am I saying the maps need to be changed, necessarily, but that a buffer zone needs to be available like it is in the PUGs. When I enter a group or single queue and the game starts, I have a minute to get where I need to be in order to play effectively, and I'm able to garner some enjoyment from that. Not in CW. I went to play a map brand new for me, today, Grim Portico, and had all four 'Mechs gone in a matter of less than five minutes. No buffer, no getting into a decent position, just dead. That's ********, frankly.

Training or no training, I should at least have time to try some things, and I had absolutely no room to breathe, whatsoever. Now, Grim Portico is an extremely hard map, made specifically for direct fire lanes, and is entirely LRM unfriendly; however, even with my K2, I was absolutely destroyed in no time flat. Garbage. Oh, and I'll try out a CW game every so often to see if anything's improved, and it doesn't, it is only getting worse.

When re-designing CW from the ground up, you need to have objective-based warfare in there, period. This should not even be up for debate. You already have turrets, generators, and big guns... now, the maps need to be made so there are objective points to capture and, possibly, defend, or there need to be objectives alternate to 'bash one another's pretty 'Mech brains in'! What is going on in Community Warfare, right now, is shameful, and it's why more than 70% of your players are in group and solo queues, rather than CW. Stop what you're doing, perform a re-design, and let's try this, again.

I will not be playing in this weekend's Battle of Tukkayyid as a direct result of this madness.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 23 April 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#2 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

The game mode shouldn't be moba lanes that's the problem, and it shouldn't be pointless DM (A la current 12v12). Pve features with players tossed in could do wonders.

#3 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

they would only need to copy MW living legends terrain control mode...

presto nice game mode

#4 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 23 April 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

presto nice game mode

This, or we can have an (impossible) miracle and have PS2: MW edition

#5 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 23 April 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

I don't know how the terrain control mode works; would you be so kind as to expand on that, please?

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 23 April 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

I don't know how the terrain control mode works; would you be so kind as to expand on that, please?

Kinda like BF2.

If you have a torrent client, go to their site, download the CW+MWLL installer, and give it a spin.

#7 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 23 April 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Community Warfare needs to go back absolutely to zero, right back to the drawing board. I've played in every official multi-player iteration of MechWarrior since NetMech 95, and have never seen the wanton garbage that I've seen in Community Warfare, here. CW should be a community experience, meaning anyone who joins the game, thereby becoming part of the community, should be able to get into this game, just like they would be able to in the PUG queues. I'm not saying the game needs to be dumbed down, nor am I saying the maps need to be changed, necessarily, but that a buffer zone needs to be available like it is in the PUGs. When I enter a group or single queue and the game starts, I have a minute to get where I need to be in order to play effectively, and I'm able to garner some enjoyment from that. Not in CW. I went to play a map brand new for me, today, Grim Portico, and had all four 'Mechs gone in a matter of less than five minutes. No buffer, no getting into a decent position, just dead. That's ********, frankly.

Training or no training, I should at least have time to try some things, and I had absolutely no room to breathe, whatsoever. Now, Grim Portico is an extremely hard map, made specifically for direct fire lanes, and is entirely LRM unfriendly; however, even with my K2, I was absolutely destroyed in no time flat. Garbage. Oh, and I'll try out a CW game every so often to see if anything's improved, and it doesn't, it is only getting worse.

When re-designing CW from the ground up, you need to have objective-based warfare in there, period. This should not even be up for debate. You already have turrets, generators, and big guns... now, the maps need to be made so there are objective points to capture and, possibly, defend, or there need to be objectives alternate to 'bash one another's pretty 'Mech brains in'! What is going on in Community Warfare, right now, is shameful, and it's why more than 70% of your players are in group and solo queues, rather than CW. Stop what you're doing, perform a re-design, and let's try this, again.

I will not be playing in this weekend's Battle of Tukkayyid as a direct result of this madness.
I guess you do type fast lol it was -MS- Kay, they train every day to be that good, they are on comms, and they focus fire. we had 2 d/c players too boot. for our little group of random pugs we managed to bring down 20/48 that wasnt bad. when your group isn't against those kinds of odds, cw is a lot more fun. sure, the game needs a lot of tweaking but don't walk away thinking the system is a complete failure.

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

Alright, instead of downloading it from a source I would pretty much NEVER trust, I was able to find this on YouTube...

and it gave me an overview, and a full-on robot chubby!!! Why in the hell are PGI not developing in this direction?

This game looks like it has class, it has the game play the community was used to from the previous MechWarrior games, and then some.

I'm going to see about a couple of other videos for MWLL, and then I'll likely be back around.

View PostGeist Null, on 23 April 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

when your group isn't against those kinds of odds, cw is a lot more fun. sure, the game needs a lot of tweaking but don't walk away thinking the system is a complete failure.
That's another thing... teams should be ranked in MWO, so only teams that are that good together go up against other teams, and PUGs go up against PUGs, etc. CW needs a LOT of work, a total revamp, as far as I am concerned... and I don't think it's a complete failure, or I would never have said anything, and just walked away entirely.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 23 April 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#9 KalTorak18

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Mechwarrior Planetside would be a great direction for this game mode.

#10 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 23 April 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

to late someone already posted the vid ^^

they just need to copy that not even a micron of own thought just copy it... and still they try to re-invent a wheel.. with 4 edges...
Living legends has destructable terrain, better and larger maps, electronic warfare and a nicer game mode.
Although the mechs in MWO look much better the core game mechanics are far more advanced in Living legends than in MWO.

#11 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

I've been threatening to try this game out; I've always thought it looked good, and I understand it plays well enough. It can be considered a success for MechWarrior games. I don't know why I've never tried it; however, I agree with you that PGI could learn a lot, not only from MechWarrior: Living Legends, but also from MPBT: 3025 and all of the past leagues that have been developed out of love for the universe and the game. It's ridiculous that they would actually take a step backwards to produce MWO, instead of getting this game where it should be, and then trusting the core community to build the greater one. It's a crying damn shame they don't learn from the actual lore already present for the BattleTech universe, and attempt to push that into something workable.

#12 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 23 April 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Alright, instead of downloading it from a source I would pretty much NEVER trust, I was able to find this on YouTube...

and it gave me an overview, and a full-on robot chubby!!! Why in the hell are PGI not developing in this direction?

This game looks like it has class, it has the game play the community was used to from the previous MechWarrior games, and then some.

I'm going to see about a couple of other videos for MWLL, and then I'll likely be back around.

That's another thing... teams should be ranked in MWO, so only teams that are that good together go up against other teams, and PUGs go up against PUGs, etc. CW needs a LOT of work, a total revamp, as far as I am concerned... and I don't think it's a complete failure, or I would never have said anything, and just walked away entirely.

If that is your thing, make a vote to atleast show it,
http://mwomercs.com/...88#entry4366588

#13 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostSerpentbane, on 25 April 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

If that is your thing, make a vote to atleast show it,
http://mwomercs.com/...88#entry4366588
Serpentbane, you're missing at least one option, "What I want MWO to develop into is the BattleTech Universe, not just the board game with some peripherals". I'll vote towards MWLL, but only to see the vote as it stands, and get the thread some more notoriety, if I can.

#14 Serpentbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 26 April 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Serpentbane, you're missing at least one option, "What I want MWO to develop into is the BattleTech Universe, not just the board game with some peripherals". I'll vote towards MWLL, but only to see the vote as it stands, and get the thread some more notoriety, if I can.

Yes, true. I was thinking about it, however I'm not sure how to describe that option. Just writing, "make it like the BattleTech universe" does not really say much in regards of actual gameplay. There are so many things that could be implemented in a variety of ways, and lots and lots of them would have to change or be tweaked to actually work in a game.

Instead, I started with something more easily visualized by people and targetable for PGI that at least in my opinion would make the game a lot better. And when the boat turns and is heading in that direction we could wish for more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users