Pug's And The Cw Queue

5 replies to this topic

#1 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

This event has shown more than ever that the CW queue should have a solo option more than anything!

Everyone knows that PUG's should not be put in the same queue and that is why we had the separate queue on the normal game mode.

I think most PUG's are getting sick of being stomped pretty much every match now by a premade and the units have had more than enough high earning matches with great rewards , it is well past time to make them work for their rewards!

It is just naïve of PGI to not have done anything about it for so long and we all know that the reason is low community population as it would increase time to get a game, But then Units say that CW is a team game so PUG's should join units , So it won't bother them then if there were a PUG queue!

PGI could potentially solve the queue issue though with a more dynamic game maker that groups IS and clans to fight each other without a particular objective and if one side has a higher population then that faction could fight each other. In this way matches would be faster to come by. I know that people want to see their name on a planet but that is part of the problem in that it splits the queue and potential players too much.

But seriously getting stomped every time just because it's a PUG vs a Premade is getting very old indeed. But PGI do like to stick their head in the sand!

Edited by ztac, 26 April 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#2 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

View Postztac, on 26 April 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

This event has shown more than ever that the CW queue should have a solo option more than anything!

Everyone knows that PUG's should not be put in the same queue and that is why we had the separate queue on the normal game mode.

I think most PUG's are getting sick of being stomped pretty much every match now by a premade and the units have had more than enough high earning matches with great rewards , it is well past time to make them work for their rewards!

It is just naïve of PGI to not have done anything about it for so long and we all know that the reason is low community population as it would increase time to get a game, But then Units say that CW is a team game so PUG's should join units , So it won't bother them then if there were a PUG queue!

PGI could potentially solve the queue issue though with a more dynamic game maker that groups IS and clans to fight each other without a particular objective and if one side has a higher population then that faction could fight each other. In this way matches would be faster to come by. I know that people want to see their name on a planet but that is part of the problem in that it splits the queue and potential players too much.

But seriously getting stomped every time just because it's a PUG vs a Premade is getting very old indeed. But PGI do like to stick their head in the sand!

So, your solution to fix the team oriented mode is to make it not team oriented? That isn't fixing anything.

#3 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

Here.we.go.again.
/silly talk on
If EVERYTHING has to be solo, why bother with friends lists? Or hell why not do away with units altogether? Whilst you are at it remove the chat! Why do you need it if you want to drop solo all the time?
/silly talk off
Now come on, is it so hard to talk on voip or type to each other? Is it so hard to listen to another person? Is it so horrible to in fact...join a group and say hello for the first time?
YOU especially ztac COULD have popped on the JFP teamspeak for this event-it's open and free to all players and grouped up with a great bunch of guys and had some fun.
But did you?
Probably not.
The choice is YOURS to experience an mmo fully or not. But if you decide not to, why complain?

ENOUGH.

#4 Dakross

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

It's just not worth waiting in queue an average of 42 minutes to get slaughtered by an 11 man team (which apparently avoids the 12 man vs 12 man queue). So I lose an hour of my life for nothing.

#5 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

There should be some basic match making so wherever possible (i.e. the numbers in the queue support it) pugs are matched against pugs and teams against teams.

Why not?

I can not see any valid reason to object to such a thing.

Under the previous CW model there were not always enough teams on a given planet to allow this to happen - fair enough.

However in this event there was no real excuse for not introducing at least the most basic of matchmaking rules.

I think going forward the number of active planets should be limited to increase queue numbers to the point where basic matchmaking is possible.

You dislike PUGS if that is your wish, but objectively speaking, scaring off a percentage of your player base is not the best way to grow the CW game mode or indeed the popularity of the game as a whole.

#6 Ink Sikes

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

The LCAF Hub is trying to help PUGs beat the time and get some game time in by allowing them to group up on our TeamSpeak if they are with Steiner for the event. Unfortunately I know some TeamSpeaks don't cater to the 'unregistered' so sometimes it's difficult to organize as a PUG. Perhaps the open-to-public TS3 servers could advertise more?

If you are PUGing the Battle Of Tukayyid I HIGHLY suggest finding your Factions main TeamSpeak3 server and getting on to join a larger group to cut down on wait times. You might even make a few friends!

I would say it's 50/50 coming up against another 12-person PUG or a 12-person single Unit/comp team. Either way, everyone is trying to get that 80 match score but grouping up makes it more fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users