Resets A Comin', Do You Know What You'll Be Doing When It Happens?

17 replies to this topic

#1 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Of course you do; your a Davion pilot, your hair is impeccable, your manners without equal and your mechs shiny and spit polished. But, now that so many of us have been introduced to each other through LFG and the Tukayyid event, it's time to talk details. Reset is a big deal for us. We should all have huge friends lists and be familiar with Davion TS by this point. So, what does this mean for everyone else?

1. It means we get to punch House Liao right in their space commie mouths. No more sitting back and sending PUG groups to defend our planets, we should be forming multiple 12 mans and attacking every ceasefire. Even if TCAF takes 1 a day, we should be able to take 3 for a net gain of 2 a day. Guess who's little paranoid star empire disappears quickly if that happens? (hint: it's the one filled with knock off toys and lead paints)

2. Don't be afraid to group up. I know some people are averse to joining units or using TS for whatever reasons, but seriously, no one is going to make you show up at certain times, run only the builds they say or even yell at you on comms. Davion pilots are by far and away the easiest group to drop with. Guys will suggest odd ball strategies sometimes, but everyone is cool with it if it doesn't work and congratulates the person if it does. Mech type and strategy matters less than communication and coordination. Ask anyone; 12 Stalker 4ns run by lonewolves lose to a mixed bag of TDRs, Stalkers, Battlemasters and Zeus' if the mixed team is using comms and passing on info. Plus, you get to chat with fellow Battletech nerds in between drops and meet some really cool people from around the world. Join a unit, form a unit or simply jump on comms, I promise you won't regret the move.

3. Use TS or faction chat to come up with a plan for your particular ceasefire. If you know (thanks to your extensive friends lists) that there are plenty of Clan Davion pilots online, figure out what teams want to defend our planets and which teams will go on offense. We have numbers, let's use them effectively. 4 12 man teams should be able to hold one of our planets under attack while launching an attack of our own. That's 2 teams doing each thing and not only ensures we win more consistently, but that you are more likely to get a live battle than a ghost drop.

4. If your in a unit already and you know other units are operating at the same time, try splitting lances and forming mixed teams. Almost every unit has a few strategies for different maps that are unique. By mixing lances up between units, you get to share ideas and strategies, which means more and more Davion units will be exposed to better strategies and that makes everyone here better.

So, I'll just end by saying have fun with Tukayyid, get some points and after reset let's wreck some face. :) I'd add a hair related meme to this, but I'm at work, this computer sucks and so pretend I did put one in.

#2 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

I'd love to get more into CW after the reset.

I was only able to do about 7 drops with this event, but had a good time, and it honestly ignited my interest in CW a bit.

Would be more than happy to try and sneak some drops in as a 12th man for some Davion groups. I'm not the best pilot out there, but I'm a pretty agreeable sort, and always willing to learn and follow. Count me in. And as time permits, I imagine the rest of the 8th Davion Guards would be down for it as well, few though we may be.

#3 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Oh, and also...

Posted Image

#4 Bigshep

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

I am a Davion Pilot looking for a home. I have had a few "drop with us" and "look at our website" notices. I have looked at those websites and EVERY one states you MUST drop a certain amount of times, you MUST do this and do that.

Dropping the times I drop I never found any of those groups on Davion TS, unless they have their own TS servers, which I never found, and feel a bit self conscious dropping onto some ones private server if I could!

I installed TeamSpeak, and sat in the LFG lobby, and the Tukayyid drop lobby for a good 30-40 minutes. I also sat on the LFG in MWO on multiple occasions. I got invited in to fill out some drops, mostly a few regimented players with a 50% un homed players, which were damn good fun (UK daytime = drunk US and drunk Aussies, which was nice). However getting those slots required a lot of dropping into TS drops to see if the needed anyone, or listening to see if they were on a drop. No one was popping up to the LFG TS to see if anyone was there.

So basically the times I can drop as a shift worker changes from week to week. To meet the "requirements" of many groups means that I cannot drop when they do, meaning I cannot get a invite to a unit, which is what I really want. (loved my WC clan, and my BF clan play it was great fun chatting and playing). So it is great saying jump on comms, but you should also say units need to pop out of their own channels and speak to some of the un attached players a we may just be sat there hoping someone talks to them.....If you are particularly unlucky you may find a English accented bloke called Bigshep sitting in lfg just looking for people play with ;)

#5 Ken Burkhart

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

@ BigShep

Are you over 18? If so, you should take a look at BSI(Grendel's Blue Star Irregulars). We require 18 years of age because we speak quite "freely" and don't want any children to get corrupted you know. But we are a both competitive and casual group. We aren't exactly Davion, but we are currently(and from the looks of it) will likely continue to be aligned with Davion.

And...we don't have any of the "requirements" that you seem so fond of. I in fact have the same problems as you do with my varied work schedule. The only requirements are the 18+ age, and that you actually drop once in a while, and that you view/post on the forums every so often. If you can't drop for a week or two, but put a shout or two in the forum shoutbox, you are fine. Of course it is better if you drop with us. Also, one thing that is somewhat not liked is when you ALWAYS are in MWO but NEVER on TS3. We understand if you just don't feel like grouping up sometimes, or if you are just tinkering the lab, but if it is literally always, it looks bad. Of course if you are doing this, then you probably were not interested in playing in a group anyway and just wanted the unit tags.

In any case, we are looking for people always, so if you fit the 18+ thing, come take a look. http://mwomercs.com/...cruitment-open/

If you want to see the website... http://blue-star-irregulars.enjin.com/

#6 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

@Bigshep

Check out the Robinson Rangers! A Davion loyal group with a lot of different people playing a lot of different ways!

Many of the members work shift work and play when they can and it's never a big deal. Good luck finding a home it makes a major difference in how you play and look at the game.

@Davion

No matter what happens in the next couple of hours, you did good this weekend. So keep riding that success into the Reset!

#7 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

View Postccrider, on 29 April 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

. Ask anyone; 12 Stalker 4ns run by lonewolves lose to a mixed bag of TDRs, Stalkers, Battlemasters and Zeus' if the mixed team is using comms and passing on info.

So how comes I've seen Davion 12 mans lose to a group of uncoordinated pugs in trial mechs?

#8 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

I did a couple drops with PL last night, was fun (also got my Tuk badge). Wouldn't mind getting more drops in when I have time. Getting towards the end of the semester, though so my play time will be limited for the next month.

View PostLunatech, on 30 April 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

So how comes I've seen Davion 12 mans lose to a group of uncoordinated pugs in trial mechs?

Same reason I've seen 12 mans from almost every faction lose to a pug (seen it happen with every faction except CGB, Marik and FRR)? Just because you're a premade doesn't mean you're always coordinated.

#9 WAR_HAWK

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet: Kesai

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostBigshep, on 30 April 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

I am a Davion Pilot looking for a home. I have had a few "drop with us" and "look at our website" notices. I have looked at those websites and EVERY one states you MUST drop a certain amount of times, you MUST do this and do that.

Dropping the times I drop I never found any of those groups on Davion TS, unless they have their own TS servers, which I never found, and feel a bit self conscious dropping onto some ones private server if I could!

I installed TeamSpeak, and sat in the LFG lobby, and the Tukayyid drop lobby for a good 30-40 minutes. I also sat on the LFG in MWO on multiple occasions. I got invited in to fill out some drops, mostly a few regimented players with a 50% un homed players, which were damn good fun (UK daytime = drunk US and drunk Aussies, which was nice). However getting those slots required a lot of dropping into TS drops to see if the needed anyone, or listening to see if they were on a drop. No one was popping up to the LFG TS to see if anyone was there.

So basically the times I can drop as a shift worker changes from week to week. To meet the "requirements" of many groups means that I cannot drop when they do, meaning I cannot get a invite to a unit, which is what I really want. (loved my WC clan, and my BF clan play it was great fun chatting and playing). So it is great saying jump on comms, but you should also say units need to pop out of their own channels and speak to some of the un attached players a we may just be sat there hoping someone talks to them.....If you are particularly unlucky you may find a English accented bloke called Bigshep sitting in lfg just looking for people play with ;)

The 4th Cavalry Division is recruiting :D

Go to our website: http://housedavion.w...cavlarydivision - the link to our forum is under the unit link tab, and check out our recruitment video.

Send me, or my XO Smokey2 a pm if your interested.

#10 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostBigshep, on 30 April 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Well, you're in great company mate.

We specifically formed the 8th Davion Guards as a home for those of us like yourself (and myself, and Brimbooze's self) who are working odd schedules, or have other challenges to meeting regular drop schedules, or using voice chat due to odd work hours and small/crowded living situations.

We are, for the most part, average-decent-moderately skilled-ish, and occasionally manage to drop together.

No real rules other than "Don't be an ass" (seriously, it's our only rule :P ), and you can drop with us when you're able, no big deal when you aren't. Like Brim said, we'll drop with other units from time to time when the opportunity arises as well.

You'd be welcome if you don't find another home that suits you. Just contact myself, Brimbooze, 3xnihilo, or Jagermosher for an invite.

Cheers!

-Rip

#11 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

PL You say Brimbooze?
We are, as everyone else has said, recruiting as well! http://praetorian-le....enjin.com/home
We recruit, and have a unit for each CW time zone, with a mix of casual and competitive players to suit your fancy. We also placed 3rd overall within House Davion during the Battle of Tukayyid, so thats nice. :) We're not the biggest (sitting at 170 members) but the community and people are top notch. Check us out!

That being said, Davion needs to get its coordination together, stop worrying about factional politics, and focus on WINNING.
I hate to say it, but taking a cue from Kurita on this one would be a good idea.
Davion pilots got bored and complacent after strong successes early on.

#12 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

Great to see so many responses! And about factional politics, there can't be any. We're Davion; we fight to wipe out Liao and win together. No need to make it complicated. :)

#13 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:35 PM

......so these coordinated attacks....are happening....when?

#14 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

The Praetorians are always recruiting:

http://praetorian-le...pany.enjin.com/

We're a good mix of casual and competitive players. We're fairly light on rules - just follow the Praetorian Code and join a lance to drop with one hour per week. If you have to miss a drop, no biggie, just let your lance leader know ahead of time. RL trumps MWO every time, and we understand that.

Been with them since September '14: MWO is an entirely different game when you have a lance of players you drop with constantly.

Edited by Agent1190, 03 May 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#15 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Still working on the coordinated part. We've been launching attacks to get used to each others styles and try new tactics. We started slow in beta 1 but Kurita rebuilt after being bad in the beginning so we know it can be done. They went to first in the IS, if we can work together we have the population to kick some ass.

#16 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Though hiring MS to join their faction certainly hasn't hurt HK. Would be nice to get to the point where we can draw in those kind of merc units to the house.

#17 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

House Davion has had these large merc units (including MS, CI, ACES, KFC, Templars...etc.) several times during Beta 1. However Davion like the other two southern Houses has the issue of not having a Clan border. Marik and Liao have small populations and can't sustain the kind of boarder activity that large merc and House units need to keep their players happy (lots of good fights).

On the recent occasions when we have had big merc units join Davion they weren't able to get consistent matches. Kurita was the one enemy faction that could have put up numbers but always seem to chose that week to focus their other boarders (weird).

#18 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

Trying to reach New Roland ?? B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users