Chain Fire Poll.

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Investigate Enhanced Weapon Groups (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI give more control over how the weapons chain fire?

1. Yes. (18 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. No. (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. I don't know. (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Are you satisfied with the weapon groups, alpha strike and chain fire as they are now?

1. No (12 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Yes (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dillsOn

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

The ability to control and customize chain-fire sequences needs to be added. I don't understand how this is such an under-supported feature from the players. Recently I illustrated it in a post "User Defined Chain Fire Structure.".

Please recognize the need for this feature and support it.

Also see
Oct 12 2012 "Chain Fire Settings"
Oct 17 2013 "Weapon Group Chain-Fire"
Oct 03 2014 "Group Chain Firing Extended"
Oct 09 2014 "Primary and Secondary Weapon Subsets"
Mar 06 2015 "Chain Fire Weapon Groups"
Apr 30 2015 "Chain Group Fire"
May 02 2015 "User Defined Chain Fire Structuring"
If you know of any additional posts from players that are related to this subject please forward them. The developers need to recognize a need for this in the game ...

Edit Dec 23, 2015 ... All I want for the new year is to chain fire my small lasers in a group of 2, 3, 4 or more. And I added a couple more forum links to the list. As you can see October seems to be a popular time of year for this request, I'm late, I know ... Please don't discount the idea.

Edited by dkcc85, 23 December 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#2 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:37 AM

Hit delete to chain fire 1 at a time, hit delete twice to fire 2 at a time, 3 times to fire 3 at a time...... It would be nice.

#3 Generic Internetter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I agree, but not exactly the way you described.

It would be good to have each group (1 through 6) in a list format, perhaps looking a little bit like in the mechlab. Perhaps actually putting this into the existing "Weapon Grouping" screen in the mechlab.
Then there are two ways to handle it...

Then in each group you would arrange the weapons in the chain fire order, and set time delays between each weapon (set 0.0 seconds for double-firing as you described).
If a weapon runs out of ammo, it literally just does nothing, to avoid changing the chain rhythm.

Another method would be for the system to check which weapon in that group has the longest cooldown, and have all the weapons wait an equal fraction of that time to fire. This way, the spacing is equal between all the weapons and the slowest weapon re-fires as soon as it is reloaded/recharged.
This would be great for multiple identical weapons. At the moment my 2x AC/5's fire in a staggered rhythm, which is wierd.
4x AC/2 would be like a huge 24-ton machine gun! Amazing!

Both of these methods are actually quite complex to implement and manage, and would probably break if the player changes the grouping in a match.
To be honest, even if PGI just give us the ability to arrange the order in which weapons fire, that would be already pretty nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users