#21 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostOdanan, on 04 May 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Indeed. The EWE is more primitive than the current ECM & BAP, and weights a lot more. I suppose in MWO it will be replaced by the two equipment pieces, with the extra tons moved to armor or heat sinks...

It looks like Russ really wants a heavy ECM... (it's a shame it isn't one of the Black Knights, though...)

Then people would cry pay to win....

#22 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 04 May 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

As Russ announced, ECM heavy on a very decent chassis. Can the rest of the IS houses start paying homage our Capellan engineers now?

Any 0X found in FedCom is considered stolen property and will be confiscated.

Hell yeah... A god Damn
CATAPHRACT 0X

... btw. A single shipment of CTF-0X prototypes was sent to Sian but line production did not commence afterwards because a request for more EW components was denied. :P

Edited by McHoshi, 09 May 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#23 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostKapitanJewFro, on 09 May 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

well considering the black knight with ecm is a NT variant and those weren't released till darkages or pre-dark age era
You won't be getting either ecm black knight very soon the one has clan tech (likely never going to happen) and both are Dark age variants.

Edited by KursedVixen, 09 May 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#24 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

What you guys all fail to realize is that if they follow Lore all the way and don't accelerate the time line: it will be 2025 before the IS gets an ECM Heavy. Everyone wants ECM mechs, everyone want to put ECM on every mech: this happened in the Tabletop game. The era that the Tabletop game had was called the "Jihad" era. During the "Jihad" era, if you didn't have ECM you were targeted first, so only mechs with ECM would be run. Mech coming out of the Factories needed to have ECM, their were so many mechs with ECM that the Word of Blake started using nukes to fight enemy mechs. So do we want them staying to the Lore? Or do we want PGI to give us a game we can play through 2025?

#25 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

I see your point, but when it comes to CW, from a competitive standpoint, IS needs something to counter the ECMBringer Hellbringer.

#26 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

sounds good

#27 Valas

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Still many older mechs that have been passed by for one reason or another Rather them not rush the timeline. Honestly, they just need to break down and make an ECM Hero heavy mech, like they did with Pirate's Bane. Kill 2 birds with one stone, more money for them, and hopefully on a more popular/usable chassis.

#28 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

Do you think they'll have the jihad era in the game? or perhaps at least change the name of it due to the connotations is currently has in the real world.

#29 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:33 AM

The Table top game had the same issue when they went with the "Jihad" era name. Which was late '90s (I think 1999). But Jihad is a holy war of extremist, so no. Its better then calling it a Crusade Era, because thats the same thing. I think they'll do a big "Civil War" era, but they need melee 'mechs to make that work. As far as passing up good chassis: it seems more of an avoidance of legal action then anything. Because the Core chassis used in the '80s have so many variants, that it fill the model they have for the "Grind of 3" But they can't even re-image the 'mechs past the 20-40% mark to use the 'mech name.

I'm looking at you Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer, Stinger, Wasp, Longbow, Marauder......

#30 TLX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

It announces cata 0X in may 19 but in gift store first????

#31 Kopflos

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostValas, on 10 May 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Still many older mechs that have been passed by for one reason or another Rather them not rush the timeline. Honestly, they just need to break down and make an ECM Hero heavy mech, like they did with Pirate's Bane. Kill 2 birds with one stone, more money for them, and hopefully on a more popular/usable chassis.

ECM Thunderbolt Hero... *-* that would be useful AND popular. and ontop: it takes the same dropdeck weight as the ECMbringer.

#32 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

also the battlemaster IIC was announced.

Edited by KursedVixen, 13 May 2015 - 02:53 AM.

#33 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:54 AM

The timeline advanced 2 years. That makes it 3052. Which make the war dog a possibility. Now if I got this mech rather than the Black knight I would be very happy! http://www.sarna.net/wiki/War_Dog

#34 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostJavin, on 13 May 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

The timeline advanced 2 years. That makes it 3052. Which make the war dog a possibility. Now if I got this mech rather than the Black knight I would be very happy! http://www.sarna.net/wiki/War_Dog

Agreed, War Dog makes me all tingly

#35 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:07 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 13 May 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

also the battlemaster IIC was announced.

To clarify it was the BLR-2C, not the IIC. It's just a normal IS variant.

From Sarna

BLR-2C Dating back from 2925, this designated command vehicle sported a second cockpit (presumably a Command Console) and a Beagle Active Probe wired into the Nirasaki Inciteful Vision targeting system. Instead of the machine guns it carried a SureFire Defender Anti-Missile System in the left arm, retaining the rearward firing lasers. Like with the BLR-1C, House Kurita received at least one BLR-2C from ComStar in full working condition and used it to good effect in the War of 3039.

#36 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostJavin, on 13 May 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

But then they would have to make up 2 Variants for the "Grind of 3" rule they have. It doesn't even have a known pilot list in the TRO...too much fiction would need to be dealt with. It basically the same load out as an Orion, with a different shape.

EDIT: So I just saw that they did advance the timeline to 3052, but CW is a dead horse right now....

Edited by Stoneblade, 13 May 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#37 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

Where is the info on the timeline jump?

#38 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Russ tweeted it... I think yesterday.

#39 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

All will be well in the universe when I can finally get my Huron Warrior.

#40 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Liao will keep its PMP hand strong when backed up by a Yeoman, and Ts'Tang

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users