Wait, I Can't Buy Mechs?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

What the heck is the point of 500,000,000 C-bills if I can't buy a 'Mech with it?

It's not like it carries over to our real accounts, so you could at least allow us to experiment a little. There are mechs I might consider buying if I could just test them first.

This is honestly a complaint of the normal game as well. We should have the ability to create 'Mech designs and test them without buying them. You wouldn't be able to use them in actual matches, but at the least use them in the Training Grounds.

On a more relevant note, I do like the "expanded" layout. It's not perfect, and plenty of other people have already thrown up their suggestions, but the idea itself is great.

Basically, make an option to emulate everything about Smurfy's mechlab perfectly, and we've got a perfect mechlab.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 07 May 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

Basically, make an option to emulate everything about Smurfy's mechlab perfectly, and we've got a perfect mechlab.

Smurfy isn't perfect. It's better, not perfect.

#3 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

You can buy 'Mechs, click on Store.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:47 AM

I think we just need to get used to the fact that new mechs are not in the mechlab now anymore. Which is actually correct the way it is. Because its a mechlab not a mechshop.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:37 AM

I guess it's better for the NPE, makes more sense to have all the stuff you can buy in one place. I'm not ashamed to admit that it took me a long time to figure it out though.

If there's one thing they should improve, it's the time it takes from you purchase a mech untill you can start customizing it. You buy it, it disappears into your mechbay. You then have to click Mechlab, Select Mech and find the new mech on your list. This seems unnecessary, as 99.9% of the people who buy a mech will want to start customizing it immediately, or at least look at it in the Mechlab. Just take me directly to the Mechlab, or create a pop-up window asking if I want to see my new mech in the Mech-lab.

Pop-up windows can be annoying, but unless you're buying 50 mechs in the Store in under a minute, I don't think it's an issue.

#6 Mathium

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

The store has been lagging behind the mechbay since the introduction of UI 2.0. They still need to add the ability to view details in the store; especially now that you can't view mechs you don't own in the mechlab. Sure you tell me how many hardpoints a mech has but I also want to know where they are located.

Edited by Mathium, 08 May 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#7 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 May 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

If there's one thing they should improve, it's the time it takes from you purchase a mech untill you can start customizing it. You buy it, it disappears into your mechbay. You then have to click Mechlab, Select Mech and find the new mech on your list. This seems unnecessary, as 99.9% of the people who buy a mech will want to start customizing it immediately, or at least look at it in the Mechlab.

I've added an entry to the Known Issue/Suggestion list that covers this.
  • Add a method for going directly to the Mechlab/Loadout screen for a newly purchased 'Mech from inside the Store > Battlemechs screen
    • Type: Functional
    • Summary: After purchasing a new Mech, if the player wants to immediately customize or access that Mech they need to click over to Mechlab then find and select the new Mech in the Select Mech screen. Instead, players should be able to go directly to the Mechlab/Loadout screen for any owned Mechs directly from the Store > Battlemechs screen

#8 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostMathium, on 08 May 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

The store has been lagging behind the mechbay since the introduction of UI 2.0. They still need to add the ability to view details in the store; especially now that you can't view mechs you don't own in the mechlab. Sure you tell me how many hardpoints a mech has but I also want to know where they are located.

Added to the list.
  • Players should be told where the equipped weapons are physically located on a 'Mech in any menu where Loadout information is provided
    • Submitted by: Mathium/Multiple
    • Type: Visual
    • Summary: In the Select Mech menu, for example, players are told which weapons are equipped on the 'Mech, but they are not told which hardpoints those weapons are equipped onto. This information could potentially be provided by a hover-over tooltip, a UI marker, or text.

#9 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:17 PM

^ +10 to Alex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users