Dev Stream, Thad Talks About Map Improvements!

81 replies to this topic

#81 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:07 AM

Lookin' good!

I don't like the rocks in the river though... Not every route needs to be safe. Having that be a wide open killing grounds would encourage not rushing to a brawl in the center... Which leads to 'nascar-ing' I suppose... But, it lets more of the map get used...

#82 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

Any chance of getting more updates on how the map and destructible environment is going?
Any concepts available for Forest Colony?

@Nomad.
No, my point was that it's good to provide some constructive criticism and put forward ideas, suggestions and ask questions.
But just lambasting the early concepts and changes doesn't do anything positive.
Yes, the fire effects in Farcry are nice and the early preview we have seen here is no comparison.
I'm sure the Devs when they started looking at knocking down trees and making them solid objects also thought: "Hey, we should get these things to catch fire when they get hit by a flamer, or explode when hit with ballistics."

As a community we should be enjoying these early design changes and proposals that the devs want to share with us and then prompting for more information by asking the appropriate questions.
eg.
"The flamer effect we saw on the tree looks like it is still in it's early stages. Will we be seeing trees and possibly other objects catch fire and burn?
Farcry has some pretty awesome flame effects, will we be seeing anything like this?
If they do catch fire, will this create heat effects on mechs in the area?
Will other weapons have different effects on these objects?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users