Question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sabre Howell

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hey all,

Im not technically a new player but ive got a really newbie question.

So I just got my first Mic/headset. Basic $20 logitech model, they work fine as headphones but I cant seem to hear anyone speak.

I was told that solo queue now supported embedded VOIP so i was expecting to hear something over the course of the 10 or so games I played. Does anyone know if i have to actually configure the device to chat or something or is it just that no ones using the VOIP in solo queue?

Thanks!

#2 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Check your setting whether VIOP is enabled. To use Voicce Chat yourself, make sure the mic is used as input device by the game and set a push to talk button (Default is Caps Lock)

Also, VOIP still isn't used that often...

#3 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Make sure VOIP is enabled in your game setting and you should be good to go. But IMO I don't think its very popular, especially in the solo queue. Its a little late to be added into the game, hopefully more players will pick it up soon.

#4 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

Try talking into it, most players just ignore it and leave it on unless they hear someone else trying to communicate.

#5 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Also a note to remember, the Push to Talk button doesn't automatically transmit unless it detects something being said.
so sometimes it can drop the first half second of what people say (and if its only a quick call, nothing will come through)

that said, a name will appear down the bottom of the screen, in front of the map when someone is speaking (including your own name if you are talking)

#6 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

A name shows up under the radar when someone talks.
Not hearing anyone in 10 games is normal, the quality is horrible and there are mic problems for a lot of people so it is unpopular unfortunately.

Best to find a Teamspeak group.
Any unit worth its salt has one (there is a recruitment thread, just say what you are looking for to be bombarded with invites) Plus the house and public servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users