List Of Eu Regiments?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:22 AM

Is there a list of EU regiments for the Inner Sphere? I see a lot of US ones but the few EU ones I see are german mostly, what about the rest of the EU is there any for the UK etc? I need to know because playing with PUGs during the day is killing me, common sense and tactical know how seems to go out of the window.

Edited by Deimos Alpha, 11 May 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#2 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

[ROAR] We play for Marik, we set ourselves up as a European unit. Although two Americans found their way into our unit somehow :)

#3 Tarhornak

• Pip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

[ECMM] We are a german founded Marik Loyalist unit but it looks like we will have a growing crowd of american mechwarriors.

Edited by Tarhornak, 11 May 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#4 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

[ASE] Multinational finnish-based, main command language english/swedish/finnish/...err....somesorta engrish anyway.

#5 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Black Outlaws Mercenary Company

German Unit but we lead our CW Drops in english

#6 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

View PostDeimos Alpha, on 11 May 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

Is there a list of EU regiments for the Inner Sphere? I see a lot of US ones but the few EU ones I see are german mostly, what about the rest of the EU is there any for the UK etc? I need to know because playing with PUGs during the day is killing me, common sense and tactical know how seems to go out of the window.

You should visit the FRR hub sometimes. We have at least one UK based unit there, I don't exactly remember their unit name, outlaws something, nice guys though.

#7 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:21 PM

Pretty much every Kuritan unit has a couple EU players. My unit Night's Scorn would like to expand on its EU timezone influence. They usually play together in House Kurita teamspeak and make some formidable mixed 12-mans during the hours that their respective teams aren't on in fuller force. You don't have to be in a unit to visit HK teamspeak. I highly reccomend this over a pug experience.

Kurita also has 36th Dieron Regulars who are german-speaking and primarily EU. Many of their bilingual players hang out in HK teamspeak as well.

#8 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:52 AM

So the majority of the UK/EU seems to be Marik based going off the replies from here?

#9 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

I wouldn't say that bud, there a numerous units that are not house Marik and hail to be European, most would actually consider themselves as pure mercenary units, be be aware most European are smaller and some communicate in languages that are not English. Most International units are lead by north americans consequently you may rarely see your CO.

#10 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 17 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

I wouldn't say that bud, there a numerous units that are not house Marik and hail to be European, most would actually consider themselves as pure mercenary units, be be aware most European are smaller and some communicate in languages that are not English. Most International units are lead by north americans consequently you may rarely see your CO.

Yeah that's the issue, when ever I join US centric units I miss out on events and groups cause they tend to be around 1pm in the morning.

#11 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:11 AM

I know that pain that's why I left those types of units to found an EU, I won't lie it's a hard business we're small and recruiting is hard as most players join larger "international units", In my experience 4 out of 5 potential recruits joins a "international unit".
There are a few larger dedicated eu units mostly there solely comprised of non English speakers, there are a few larger more international EU units like ASE as one good example, but most EU units are small less than 30 members and mostly just a collection of friends.

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 17 May 2015 - 09:17 AM.

#12 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

I'll keep looking then, I'm an assault mech away from having my first full IS drop, so until then I'll keep my eye out for something. I like units that are loyal to one faction and I intend to pilots mechs associated with the faction as well, to keep a rp element in it.

#13 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

There is an overall unit list which also tells you the regions the units are from:

https://docs.google....#gid=1428026955

#14 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

[HMMR] Hammiltons Hammers - IS Battle Tech Unit started off somewhere in 1988, most people from Frankfurt Area, Drops in german/english as needed, but mostly hessian dialect. Preferring people over 25 from the region, so we can have a BBQ or Beer occasionally.

[HAB] Hannen Alt Blaureiter - Clan Branch of the HMMR, as the name implies this unit is not 100% serious. Mostly Alts, so if the matches are slow, we change sides and fight on the less organized side. For Beer and Bacon. Or whatever. Cans of whatever preferred to be according to the german brewing standard. Personal preferences (Stout, Ale, Alt, Pils, etc.) result in different titles within the unit. There is a required entry test. Cheers !

EDIT: wanting to point out that ALT can be both alt beer and alternate character.

Edited by Christopher Hamilton, 04 June 2015 - 03:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users