44 replies to this topic

#21 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:31 AM

On the 21st my drop deck will be 8x med pulse Ebon Vomit (takes a lot heat management skill) another Ebon Jag with 6x med lasers w/ a gauss, a Hellby with ECM (obviously) 5 med lasers w/ gauss then a Shadow Cat with a loadout to be determined. IT'S PERFECT 3 HEAVIES AND A MEDIUM AT 240 TONS!!!

#22 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 19 July 2015 - 02:43 AM, said:

MLX basicly anything, its a bad mech in general.

WRONG! The Mist Lynx has a very niche skill... BACK HUNTING! Fill her up with some lasers and go to town but yes it would be better if you could sport more than 4 energy :(. Anyways the Arctic Cheeto is coming to town with its goofy missile shoulder pads and will the best Clan light to date!

#23 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 19 July 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

WRONG! The Mist Lynx has a very niche skill... BACK HUNTING! Fill her up with some lasers and go to town but yes it would be better if you could sport more than 4 energy :(. Anyways the Arctic Cheeto is coming to town with its goofy missile shoulder pads and will the best Clan light to date!

I experienced that the Mist Lynx is still a great mech (and propably still will be) to fill up a drop deck with 2 timber wolfs & 1 Hellbringer. I tried the 2 med pulses and 2 MG's in the last time on the Misty and I have the feeling that its survivabilty is good enough.

Edited by Swagpanda89, 19 July 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#24 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

Good decks (if you build the mechs properly)

Attack
1x TBR, 2x HBR, 1x ADR
2x TBR, 1x SCR, 1x ADR
1x TBR, 3x SCR
2x HBR, 2x SCR

Defense
1x DWF, 2x SCR, 1x KFX

Coming soon (replace above deck ADRs with ACH, assuming the ACH is more effective than the ADR)

Attack
3x HBR, 1x SHC
1x TBR, 1x HBR, 1x SCR, 1x SHC

Defense
1x DWF, 2x SCR, 1x ACH
1x DWF, 1x HBR, 1x SHC, 1x ACH

Note: There are other decks that revolve around the MLX instead of the ADR, but that was when the ADR was a terrible mech. It was mades good only recenty.

Edited by LORD ORION, 19 July 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#25 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 19 July 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Im not saying its a useless mech. Considering its got only 25t, its fits well to fill in the 240t restriction, especially if you wanna focus your dropdeck on heavy mechs. But its a nogoto mech when it comes to public matches, or competitive matches. IS lights will outperform it in any way, locust including.

I agree though, Cheetah might be something far more usefull when it comes to clan dropdecks.

#26 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

Personally I like:
1 TBR (either Laser or 2xUAC 10 build)
1 EBJ (Either Laser or 2x UAC 10 build)
HBR (ecm SSRM6's and Sm/Med Pulse for brawling and anti light)
KTF (Ecm on either SSRM build or full Support (3xAMS))

Can not wait to try mixing it up with Shadow cat or Arctic Cheetar

#27 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

I personally run 3 Hellbringers and a Ice Ferret or 2 Hellbringers a Timber and a Adder

#28 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostYourSaviorLegion, on 19 July 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

On the 21st my drop deck will be 8x med pulse Ebon Vomit...

Someone's been reading my newsletter... I described this build to a IS group I was dropping with recently and had one guy comment back, "thanks - now I'm gonna have nightmares". Take that for what you will. You do need to watch the heat, though. Not for brawling or sustained fire. Shoot a couple of times and get back into cover to cool down.

When clan, I'm currently running 2 of the above plus 2 SCR's w/ 6 MPL's on cold and neutral heat maps (i.e. all but Sulphurous and Vitric). You could also substitute 2 HBR's for the EBJ's and run them with 6 MPL's.

On the hot maps I change out the EBJ's for versions that run either a gauss and 5 MPL's or a gauss and 5 ERML's. The SCR's are quick enough to keep ducking into cover when the heat builds, so they still work on the hot maps.

Edited by Khereg, 24 July 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#29 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:42 PM

Hmm Gotta Do Math And Builds For Attack And Defense... Ok After Checking Here is My New Deck

=Attack=
Result = 240 Tons

1xACH-Prime(I) 30 Ton
1xSHC-Prime(I) 45 Ton
1xEBJ-Prime(I) 65 Ton
1xDWF-Prime(I) 100 Ton

For Defense That Will Be Different And Maybe Secret Hmm

Edited by Thorn Fidelis, 24 July 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#30 Raging Owlbear

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

Sorry to derail from OP, but I am also having some analysis paralysis putting together a deck.

I have Mastered:
Arctic Cheetah
Jenner IIC
Stormcrows
Hunchback IIC
Nova (meh)
Ebon Jag
Timberwolf

I have no assaults. I was running with a Cheetah and Crow, but with the EBJ and TBR as my only heavy options, I was leaving a lot of tonnage behind.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lt Waldo, 06 July 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#31 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 May 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Smoked Jaguar is down on planets so I am thinking of going there for my next assignment

I own four TWs' one Hellbringer and one Gargoyle

Can anyone recommend some Clan drop decks?

Thanks in advance

Before my Kodiaks arrived my clan mech ownership pool was three shadow cats, three hellbringers and three kit foxes so I was using triple Hell and a Cat all with ECM for a total of 240 tons out of the current 250 ton drop cap. Since the Kodiaks dropped my pool has also added myst lynxs and so I can bring a full 250 tons with paired kodiak and myst lynx deck.

I use the KDK-3 with quad ultra-10s w/8 tons of ammo, quad SPL 350XL, Endo and all the armor and heatsinks it can carry in the remaining available mass. UAC-10 cooldown+range, Adv Zoom and Radar Derp modules. Coolshot 9x9 and Imp Arty consumables.

The Spirit bear with quad SRM6-A w/5 tons of ammo, an Ultra-10 w/2 tons, 2 ERML, 400XL+MASC, Endo and all the armor and heatsinks that'll fit in the remaining mass. SRM6 cooldown+range, Adv zoom and Radar Derp modules. Coolshot 9x9 and Imp Arty consumables.

Myst Lynx-Prime (C) with 1 ERML and triple 1ton launchers (SRM4s or LRM5s) and 2.5 tons of ammo. ERML range and Radar Derp and Info Gathering modules and Imp UAV and Imp Arty consumables. The missile quirks afforded by their omnipods increase the cooldown and have 8% spread reductions. 2.5 tons of ammo isn't much of course, but its potentially up to 450 or 500 pts of damage. I hit my 100 KAs for the current FW event quick thanks to this mech.

Myst Lynx-C with 1 ERLL and either TC-I and ERML or LRM5 w/1ton ammo. ERLL range and Adv zoom / Adv Sensor modules, and Imp UAV and Imp Arty consumables.

I like the lynx as they're still using the "tiny" movement arch type so they fit places the locusts fit (and jenners do not), they jump very well, and can still carry a decent payload percentage relative to their total mass. Also they ALL have active probes so they make great spotters/scouts. They both have an available weapon module slot so when I get around to buying more modules that match their load outs I'll use those remaining slots. They do have the jump capacity to reach the top of the orbital cannons (between the barrels) which make for a great vantage point to observe the enemy, snipe at them, paint targets with radar locks and call out their movements over VOIP.

Over some 37 invasion matches during the current FW event I noted several kills from well timed/placed improved artillery as well as some from the LRM5 barrages but most came from the Kodiaks. I think my high kill match was 7 killing blows, and 20 assists with 8 being KMDDs. Total Cbills for that was just over 1.26 million. For most of the matches I led off with the Kodiaks but the last ten I think I started with the ECM lynx because I was tired of having people want ME to lead the pushes so they could merely hide behind my large mech and they got to pickup the kills of the things I did most of the damage to.

Edited by Dee Eight, 06 July 2016 - 10:24 PM.

#32 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

That necro though.

View PostLt Waldo, on 06 July 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Sorry to derail from OP, but I am also having some analysis paralysis putting together a deck.

I have Mastered:
Arctic Cheetah
Jenner IIC
Stormcrows
Hunchback IIC
Nova (meh)
Ebon Jag
Timberwolf

I have no assaults. I was running with a Cheetah and Crow, but with the EBJ and TBR as my only heavy options, I was leaving a lot of tonnage behind.

Thoughts?

I'd either go for 2x Timber, 2x 50t (2 HKB or 1 HBK 1 Nova) or Timber, 2x EBJ, AC or Jenner 2C
If you only have 1 variant of each mech i would go for TBR EBJ Crow and one 50T mech

Edited by meteorol, 06 July 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#33 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

If they raised the drop cap back to 260 (which is where it was before the march patch) I'd go to kit fox instead of lynx. When my vipers get delivered in 2 weeks I'll likely change the deck again since between them and the fact I now have novas and dogs as well I have more variety to juggle for the deck capacity math. One thing to consider is its not just hitting the totals, but also keeping track of available loadout tonnage you have for armor/weapons/heat sinks. Since so many clan mechs are Omni's with fixed basic loadouts, and being unable to change the armor or internal structure type or engine rating, you really need to pay attention to the available pod space figures.

Kit Foxes have 16 tons of pod space to work with, making it possible to pack a lot of firepower into 30 tons of deck capacity. If I owned them, a High-IIC-C, a Kodiak and a pair of foxes would fit the 250 ton cap, but also bring potentially more than 125 tons of weaponry to the battlefield. The HGN-IIC-C alone, with stock amount of FF armor, endo steel, and a 325XL with 13 DHS located in the engine leaves 49 tons and 30 crit spaces to play with. With the new quirks you get an assault that out maneuvers and out runs a Dire Wolf, has effectively more armor and internal structure, and still a huge amount of tonnage available for weapons. My KDK-3 carries 52 tons of weapons and ammo in addition to its 350XL engine, 14DHS, 614 pts of armor and a Mk1 TC.

So 52 tons in that Kodiak, 49 tons in the HGN-IIC-C and 32 tons from some kitfoxes totals 133 tons of death to bring to your enemy. Ebons bring 30 tons to play with each, Mad Dogs are also 30 tons, so 120 tons total if you run a pair of each. Mad Dogs bring 326 pts of armor each and the Ebons 364 each for 1380 total vs 1474 total ( 614 + 556 + 152 + 152). Then there's all the structural quirks also to consider (ebons have none, the dogs have very few) and the accel/turning bonuses that are useful for brawling. The HGN-IIC-C has +55 pts of structure and +96 pts of armor.

I am a Master of Munchkin-Fu.

Edited by Dee Eight, 06 July 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#34 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Jenner IICs actually aren't a great mech in terms of available tonnage without having to pay to downgrade the engine.They are also limited in terms of available hardpoints and have zip for quirks currently. An Adder would be a better choice since it already has the smaller engine in the 35 ton weight class and has quirks and better hardpoint options.

Edited by Dee Eight, 06 July 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#35 Auditor1980

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUKRAINE

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:47 AM

I USE: a-variant TBR+EBJ+2 SCR, b-variant 3 TBR+MLX.

#36 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

So, people are probably going to get mad at me for suggesting this, but why not try a Highlander IIC? They can be quite nasty with Arsenal-style builds, and the Highlander IIC-B can be made into a Clan Atlas.

#37 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

I've been dropping 4x Nova Prime with 12 ERSL and have been having great success. I'm such a small target that I get ignored a lot while contributing anywhere from 800 on a bad match to 1800 on a good match.

#38 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

No guts, no glory: 2 Kodiaks and 2 Mist Lynx

my favorite right now: Mist Lynx (4x SPL), Kodiak 3 (dakka bear), Storm Crow (SPL & LBX20) & Mad Dog (SRM6's)

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

The huntsman will shake things up having I believe its 28 tons of pod space in a 50 ton mech. Three of those and a kodiak will be fun. Of course its also just speculation because we may see the drop tonnage limit change again. It was 260 last fall, then went to 265 around christmas/new years, then back to 260 and then down to 250. A year ago when this thread started I think it was 240 tons people were building for. Of course we have hunchie IICs that can be packed full of gear for 50 tons already, but their hardpoints are fixed whereas the huntsman is an omni.

#40 Kampfiltis

Rookie

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

Dakka Kodiak and 3 Hunchback IIC. My best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users