#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

ERLL trading fight on boreal vault

how the hell is clan supposed to be able to fight at long range against inner sphere.

CLAN
timber 4 erll, hellbringer 4 erll, stormcrow 3 erll, stormcrow 2erppc.
clans can not Alpha strike 4 erll due to riddicolous ghost heat, so you have to fire 2+2.

duration 1.5 seconds, range 814 meters, complete Alpha strike duration 3 seconds(2+2)

INNER SPHERE
battlmaster 1s 4erll 911 meters range, can alphastrike 4 lasers many times with less than 1.1 duration in total

thunderbolt 5ss 4erll 911 range
protector 3erll+gaus 844 range on erll+gauss
cataphract1x 3erll+gauss 827 range on erll
raven 4x 2erll over 960 range on erll i think

ah and awesome 9m reaches almost 1100 meters with erppcs

inner sphere largepulse on quirked mechs, if compared to clan largepulse, has less heat output, less duration, but clan one has longer range.

clan erll has zero advantags: less range, RIDDICOLOUS DURATION, stupid amount of heat output.

CERLL duration must be brought at 1.3
CERLL range must be brought at 800
without modules

THIS IS HOW INNER SPHERE IS OP IN CW
Posted Image

dudes, if a SINGLE MECH, I MEAN, ONLY 1 MECH OUT OF 4 CAN DO 3500DAMAGE, IT IS PROBABLY A BIT OP
:
BATTLEMASTER 1S BOREAL VAULT XL400 AND 4ERLL

Posted Image

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 15 May 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#2 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

And ghost heat kicking in at 4 lasers, not 3. I want to be able to choose between 2LPL and 3ERLL on my SCR or TBR-A but can't. Any STK-4N 6ERLL firing line is extremely difficult to beat (which is ok, incidentally, they're assaults) but the clans have completely lost their range advantage and get nothing in return.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 15 May 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

So is this with or without the Clan Quirk computer (Targeting computer) Which extends the range of the lasers as well as the Crit chances (Which no IS laser quirk has ever done).

Im for extending the Clan ERLL ranges and shortening the beam durations if the IS mechs all get the option of adding a 7 Ton Level 7 Targeting computer as well as the already existing modules.

#4 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

Well clan can use missile more efficently than IS ... lrms no minimal range, can shoot 3 lrms without heat penalty and more of that IS team haven't 6 hellbringers each waves.

Also clan should use more lrms when its useless when you are IS ...

Ok now there is the griffin but it's still a bit rare.
Hellbringer with 3 ERLL is a thunderbolt like almost ... ECM / non ECM.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 15 May 2015 - 05:55 AM.

#5 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

Deal!

#6 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

ideal, i know you are a decent player, please stop trolling and start constructive criticism.
you can not be serious on lrms
lrms are no use

and than, rushing roulette, targeting computer is a piece of junk, completely no use

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 15 May 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#7 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 15 May 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

ideal, i know you are a decent player, please stop trolling and start constructive criticism.
you can not be serious on lrms
lrms are no use

and than, rushing roulette, targeting computer is a piece of junk, completely no use

I just say clans can use lrms when its non use with IS ...

Well clan can use missile more efficently than IS ... lrms no minimal range, can shoot 3 lrms without heat penalty and more of that IS team haven't 6 hellbringers each waves.

And clans have fasters mechs all weapons quirked ... well your screenshots vs pugs team are irrevelant if you don't wanna proove that PUGs need they own PUG queue ... :) nice score anyway. I have great score too when 2 PUGs team are facing each other but with stlaker / thunder have to buy this battlemaster indeed.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 15 May 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#8 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

I'd still take clan mechs and their "inferior" large lasers at 4 tons and 1 crit slot, smaller heat sinks, more space efficient upgrades, and better engines over most IS mechs. During the Tukayyid event, the balance was fairly close I believe, and clans won, so I don't think they are at an overall deficit in power. Now IS has had their 10 ton advantage removed. I'd say PGI should look at the stats in matches and just do the math. One game, or even one players games are no reason to re-balance things. You did awesome in your battle master against a pug team, great. It doesn't indicate anything in the greater scheme of things. Coburn and Proton have both posted games where they did over 5k damage against a pug using four Dragon-1Ns (they ejected/suicided after running out of ammo). Do you really think that means they should nerf that mech based off of just 2 players, using it in one game mode, in 1 game?

#9 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

Clans won only because there were more organised units in clan than in IS.
IT is a matter of fact that 911 and 960 range, 1.1 duration 6 heat 9 damage IS ERll is overpowered compared to clan one.

You can peek with cockpit, alphastrike all lasers at 1300 meters (maxrange 1822 meters) and do a riddicolous amount of pinpoint damage

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 15 May 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#10 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 15 May 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

rushing roulette, targeting computer is a piece of junk, completely no use

So... You can think they are junk if you want.. are you proposing to alow the IS mechs to equip a selection of one of the 7 Targeting computers?
Just to refresh you what that piece of junk does incase you forgot:
TC7 = +12,5% Crit chance, +7,5% beam range, +15% Balistic speed, +15% Zoom, +7,5% Sensor range and -75% (Yes, that is seventyfive percent) lock on time

#11 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 15 May 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Clans won only because there were more organised units in clan than in IS.
IT is a matter of fact that 911 and 960 range, 1.1 duration 6 heat 9 damage IS ERll is overpowered compared to clan one.

You can peek with cockpit, alphastrike all lasers at 1300 meters (maxrange 1822 meters) and do a riddicolous amount of pinpoint damage

And you're still ignoring the fact that clan mechs get clan XL engines, better upgrades, more heat sinks, etc. Range isn't everything. Speed, alpha, utility, hitboxes, etc all matter. If the enemy didn't move to actually engage you at their optimal range that's their failing. What are you going to do, outrun a timber wolf/storm crow with your battlemaster if they just decide to get closer to you?

#12 darkezero

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:17 PM

For what it's worth, with the CERLL-5 module and TC7, its max optimal range is 870m, and the TC does nothing for duration, as well as taking 7 tons.

#13 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

O, this discusion is so relevant, that is till the 19th comes and the 2 main clan mechs start fireing 2 sec long ERLL x) .
I wonder when the hellbringers turn is next.

#14 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

Fear not my friends!

You won't have to face that many stalkers anymore!

They got the baby nerf bat.

#15 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

Stalkers have never been the problem, thunders, jager dd and bj1x are

#16 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 15 May 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

So is this with or without the Clan Quirk computer (Targeting computer) Which extends the range of the lasers as well as the Crit chances (Which no IS laser quirk has ever done).

Im for extending the Clan ERLL ranges and shortening the beam durations if the IS mechs all get the option of adding a 7 Ton Level 7 Targeting computer as well as the already existing modules.

the idea that a targeting computer can weigh 7 tons is ludicrous. Maybe for a Battleship-sized spaceship, but for any battlemech? Pshaw.

#17 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

interesting threads coming from a player constantly hiding behind his teammates.
using them as meatshields to get more damage for himself.
telling teammates to push so he can sit back and shoot them in the back if they dont.

i just lol about you. you have no sense for teamwork. just a selfish player not caring about anything else but himself.

#18 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 195 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

pugs is your problem.
try with an unit.
or better ltp.

#19 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostSkarlock, on 15 May 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

I'd still take clan mechs and their "inferior" large lasers at 4 tons and 1 crit slot, smaller heat sinks, more space efficient upgrades, and better engines over most IS mechs. During the Tukayyid event, the balance was fairly close I believe, and clans won, so I don't think they are at an overall deficit in power. Now IS has had their 10 ton advantage removed. I'd say PGI should look at the stats in matches and just do the math. One game, or even one players games are no reason to re-balance things. You did awesome in your battle master against a pug team, great. It doesn't indicate anything in the greater scheme of things. Coburn and Proton have both posted games where they did over 5k damage against a pug using four Dragon-1Ns (they ejected/suicided after running out of ammo). Do you really think that means they should nerf that mech based off of just 2 players, using it in one game mode, in 1 game?

Mercstar.

End of event was timed to be close. If it had been several hours earlier or later, IS or Clans (respectively) would have won by a 60%+ landslide.

edit: The event, in whole, didn't give much info on Clan vs. IS balance at all.

Edited by Moldur, 17 May 2015 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users