In-Cockpit Seismic Sensor Monitor.

4 replies to this topic

Poll: In cockpit seismic sensor monitor. (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have in cockpit monitors to display Seismic sensor reading in addition to the map?

1. No. I only need the map. (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. Yes. 1 Monitor in the cockpit should have this function. (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

3. Yes. 2 monitors. (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. Yes. 3 monitors. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should this monitor show a closer view of the map near you underneath the Seismic sensor range rings? (180/250 meters radius)

1. No. (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Yes. It has to be done. (13 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

Twilight Fenrir said these words and i was instantly inspired. Thank you. You're a genius.

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 May 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

Gosh, if only every mech had an unused monitor in it that such information could be displayed upon... Lol

You know all those monitors scattered inside the cockpit and they all have Heat sink information and "Autodetect No signal"?

What if 1 or 2 of those monitors was actually functional for the Seismic Sensor?
You could still see Seismic on the map but you can also see it on the monitor.
It would show you as an arrow in the centre with 3 or 4 rings outside that. 3 for a standard seismic sensor and 4 for an advanced version.

1 ring for each 60 meters increment. (62.5 meters for the Advanced version).
This way we know roughly how far away the enemies are and their clockwise direction to yourself without having to check the map.
It could even show a zoomed in clip of the map in your current location within 180/250 meters around you.
Although that part might be hard work for the developers.

Some mechs have bigger or better placed monitors. This will help give individuality to our mechs cockpits.
Right now the only difference from one mechs cockpit to another is hitboxes and the viewing angles it offers.

Someone just reminded me that we have requested that the cockpit monitors have some kind of function since closed beta.
And PGI has not even sniffed at the suggestion as far as we know....siiiiigh.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 15 May 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#2 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

So correct me if I am wrong...

What you want is basically what we have but on a monitor? What a incredible waste of time and resources.

#3 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

View PostMercules, on 24 May 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

So correct me if I am wrong...

What you want is basically what we have but on a monitor? What a incredible waste of time and resources.

No no no. It's more than that. Read about the range indicator rings in my post.
Not to mention that we could even get a zoomed in view of the map around us. Easier to read where the enemy is like that.
It also adds individuality to each mech since some have bigger or better placed monitors.

It's not a waste of resources. Waste of resources is putting a monitor in the cockpit that will never display anything meaningfull.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

I wouldn't mind being able to zoom/unzoom the hud mini-map itself, but a separate monitor for just those running seismic seems like a bad idea. I wouldn't be surprised if there were performance issues with making the monitors functional anyway.

#5 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Every last one of those HUD monitors should have some kind of useful info, instead of WinAmp on mute.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users