Battles Are Just More Fun With Proper Lumbar Support :-)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

I just got the new Rocker X pro wireless chair done and its turning out to be way more comfortable then any of my other chair builds. To advance in this game, one must sit and battle for many hours on end to feel that they are getting anywhere. This takes a special kinda gaming chair, and the Rocker X pro is such a chair.

It's very comfortable, even after hours of playing this game. I picked it up for $100 on craigslist instead of paying the $279 for it new. Best $100 bucks I have spent in a while, well worth the cost. :D

I was asked to post some pics in a pug match tonight, so here it is guys.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Jagermosher

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:41 PM

Just found one on my local craigslist for $75, think Im gonna pick it up. Thanks for the idea, Mr. Lumbar! Been looking for a nice game chair lately but, havent seen this one.

#3 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostJagermosher, on 16 May 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Just found one on my local craigslist for $75, think Im gonna pick it up. Thanks for the idea, Mr. Lumbar! Been looking for a nice game chair lately but, havent seen this one.

NP, glad I could help. I have built three now, a really cheap rocker I found at goodwill for five bucks. It was just the basic one with two speakers, no sub. I added padding to it, covered it with a plether material from wal-mart fabric section. It looked nice, but man was it very uncomfortable. I used it in the event that we got to play for the price off the Stormcrows... and i played a lot in that one, it killed me.

I found another chair on craigslist, a pyramat for only $15 bucks, it had the two speakers, sub and was alright, but the back part was way to straight up and down, and the padding turned out to be not so great, way to stiff. This new rocker X is the best by far, and if you found it for $75... grab it, it only took me two very small pieces of 3/4 plywood, a small 2x6 and a small 2x4 and some hard ware bolts to make the mods, and of course I lined the tops of the plywood with granite that matches my desk. Also had to cut two pieces of 2x8 about 9" long for under the seat where it mounts to the base of the chair to raise it for my computer desk. It just sat a few inches to low for my setup. Other then that, very easy to do, and well worth the effort. This rocker even has the Vib switch that acts like a back massage in your mid back that you can turn up or down. :D

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 16 May 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#4 Jagermosher

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Yessir, I was actually going to ask you about your mods. Think I'll do the same since I have the same type of wood at my workplace readily available. Might make the right side/mouse side a little bigger. It has a vibrator too?! Whaaa.... Im picking this Biznitch up this weekend, now! lol

#5 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostJagermosher, on 16 May 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yessir, I was actually going to ask you about your mods. Think I'll do the same since I have the same type of wood at my workplace readily available. Might make the right side/mouse side a little bigger. It has a vibrator too?! Whaaa.... Im picking this Biznitch up this weekend, now! lol

Depending on your desk height you might need to make the mod I did. I went to lowes and bought 4 longer bolts for the bottom mounting plate to raise the height of the chair by 3". They need to be 4" bolts, you will need to take them in with you to lowes and see what they have. I can't remember what the thread pitch is, but the ones on the chair are metric, lowes didn't have any bolts in metric that was long enough. I had to use standard threaded lags, with a similar thread pitch. The mouse pad was mounted drilling thru the arm rest in three spots, using lag style bolts that were 3" I believe. Easy pezzy. :D Firing Pulse lasers in this chair is the best... they make a rumble effect from the sub :lol:

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 16 May 2015 - 06:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users