2 Important Requests For Pgi

33 replies to this topic

#21 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

For the sake of argument, can you show me another game's Metrics spreadsheet detailing these metrics?

Sure, right off the top of my head that I still play, Planetside 2. They actually have it setup with an API where these metrics are available to anyone at any given time that wants to take the time to compile them

I know basic understanding is way over most peoples heads, but saying "everyone says X" is a fallacy, it just makes you look dumb everytime you spout it, just like posting "I saw X do Y" without proof. There was a time when almost the entire world believed the earth was flat... Evidence showed otherwise

Edited by Knyx, 20 May 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#22 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Sure, right off the top of my head that I still play, Planetside 2. They actually have it setup with an API where these metrics are available to anyone at any given time that wants to take the time to compile them

EvE i.e. Zkillboards, CCP provides an API to allow 3rd parties to mine basically all server activity.

PGI doesn't even let us know concurrent server population.

Edited by Yokaiko, 20 May 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#23 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 20 May 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

EvE i.e. Zkillboards, CCP provides an API to allow 3rd parties to mine basically all server activity.

PGI doesn't even let us know concurrent server population.

Yea, and balancing or even determining something is imbalanced in EVE is excruciating at best given all the factors. MWO isn't even pre-school level in comparison, and Planetside 2's success is inarguable as well.

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

This is never going to happen.

I think PGI will continue to randomly provide stats, w/o having any context and we'll continue to skew those numbers to fit our own arguments.

It's always a position at the time kind of deal.

#25 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 20 May 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

I wanted MEKTEK to get the game :(

not sure if trying to derail...

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

I know basic understanding is way over most peoples heads, but saying "everyone says X" is a fallacy, it just makes you look dumb everytime you spout it, just like posting "I saw X do Y" without proof. There was a time when almost the entire world believed the earth was flat... Evidence showed otherwise

All I find are forum posts not Corporate facts and figures. Can you give me a link to something better?

I also think you are addressing someone else about the everyone says fallacy? Cause those words were not in my post...

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 20 May 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#27 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 20 May 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Bull, why was the -5SS untouched, FAR and away the most used IS mech during Tuk.

In CW, being 65 tons means you get used a lot. Use in CW does not necessarily equate to how good something is.

The 5SS is good.. maybe the quirks could be dialed back a tiny bit... I can't say for sure. I don't use it very often TBH. I'm more of mid-long range poke kind of guy, so 7 MPLs doesn't really fit my playstyle as well.

#28 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

You can say that "everyone knew TBR and SCR were overpowered" Ad nauseam but it is still nothing more then a fallacy until you can provide proof. Only way to provide proof is metrics, so in reality no... you don't know jack

But somehow without these same Metrics, you know? WTF! get a grip dude. Your incessant whining has become borderline "ad nauseam" psychotic already.

#29 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 20 May 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

But somehow without these same Metrics, you know? WTF! get a grip dude. Your incessant whining has become borderline "ad nauseam" psychotic already.

Pssst, the border was about 50 posts back....just saying....

#30 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 May 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

In CW, being 65 tons means you get used a lot. Use in CW does not necessarily equate to how good something is.

The 5SS is good.. maybe the quirks could be dialed back a tiny bit... I can't say for sure. I don't use it very often TBH. I'm more of mid-long range poke kind of guy, so 7 MPLs doesn't really fit my playstyle as well.

I'm more flat in your face, to the point that I spent the entire "pop-tart" period in D-DCs and Ravens because hiding behind a rock just isn't going to happen.

So yeah, I LOVE me some -5SS, its pretty much the only Thud I still drop in.

#31 Knyx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 May 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

All I find are forum posts not Corporate facts and figures. Can you give me a link to something better?

I also think you are addressing someone else about the everyone says fallacy? Cause those words were not in my post...

http://wiki.planetsi...erse.com/ps/API

View PostAlmond Brown, on 20 May 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Sorry I only understand English. Please refrain from speaking garbled nonsense.

Also a word of wisdom for people on how to make yourself look like an ignorant moron:

Tell someone that them asking for evidence repetitively is "ad Nauseam"

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ad_nauseam

Edited by Knyx, 20 May 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#32 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Depends on how you look at the nerf hammer

Stalker went from 20% heat gen to 15% heat gen. That is a start but 10% would have been most balanced.

TBR wasn't running 6 large laser vomit but 2 + 4 med lasers and it runs very HOT, So PGI on the "A" really nerfed the mech with huge duration which increases cycle times but reduces damage also.

Yes both got nerfed but the clans got hit alot harder , is it fair , not really ,, is it PGI's S.O.P. sure is.

#33 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

View Postcdlord, on 20 May 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostKnyx, on 20 May 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

http://wiki.planetsi...erse.com/ps/API

Sorry I only understand English. Please refrain from speaking garbled nonsense.

Also a word of wisdom for people on how to make yourself look like an ignorant moron:

Tell someone that them asking for evidence repetitively is "ad Nauseam"

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ad_nauseam

A word to the not so wise, someone saying your incessant whining is what is becoming ad nauseam psychotic doesn't mean your singular request for data is the subject, your WHINING is, and his statement is actually valid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users