Attention All Timberwolf And Stormcrow Pilots....

165 replies to this topic

#21 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostDag Jones, on 20 May 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Instead of detunning the favorite mechs that players like to drive, PGI should have considered to boost other Clan mechs or Omni Pods to raise the diversity.
Taking someones loved things away only raises his anger.
But if you are instead gifting (or boosting) something else it always has a better influence and less anger potential. (Always better to give then take away :) )

My thought exactly sir....exactly.

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

I'm not "feeling" this nerf and I had initially thought it would be significant enough.

However, I think the CERLL is offlimits on these mechs for obvious reasons, but everything else is still more or less functional.

I wish i could say something more negative... but it didn't hurt me much (ran a Timberwolf all night to get a feel for this).

#23 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

You would think that by now they would have learned this. Even taking away in small amounts is better than shanking the carpet out from under our feet. Oh, well... no more worries about my wave 3 order that will never be.

#24 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

While I agree that the quirks on the Timberwolf seem really overdone, it was clearly a overpowered mech. IS had the Stalker 4N's and you had them nerfed along with apparently every single light mech IS had for some reason. It's really only fair that the longtime best Heavy and longtime best Medium got a little nerf as well. It's just nice to see that it's not just IS mechs that take the nerf beatings anymore. I am sure after all the death threats PGI is going to get from many clanners will force them to reduce the nerf but for now I can't help but enjoy the view even though I really enjoyed piloting the Timber.

#25 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

The 9% cooldown/duration on the Gauss/ 2 cLPL build is barely noticeable.

The 15% cooldown/duration on the Gauss/ 5 ER ML build is only slightly more noticeable. Not really missing a beat.

The 30% cooldown/duration on the 3 ER LL/ 6 ER SL build is definitely noticeable. Very selective with ER LL shots for sure, bright side is the ghost heat from firing 3 is barely noticeable because of the huge duration :D Probably wouldn't take this build into comp play but it still works in public matches, and might even work on Boreal Vault. Will find out if I can get my unit to go clan for a while! The high shoulder mounts are awesome...

#26 Maxxkarn

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:26 AM

Got to love patches brings out the whiners in the forums. Just play your mechs and if pgi thinks the change is too much, they will reverse the changes. Sorry if you are not as op as you think you are. That is all.

#27 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

is frankly of the anything, I buy the Timberwolf pack at first, then have the nerve, since I stopped playing with.
And now they are slaughtered, I deleted 3 to have mechbays. and I do not buy any pack.
veiled.
thank you the staff

#28 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Let them know that Clan and Inner Sphere pilots alike are furious that their favorite mech(s) are not to be made unplayable due to these hard-point penalties.
Let them know that we will not cave in and buy Invasion Wave 3 as they obviously wanted.
Let them know that we will not stand for this!

#29 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 20 May 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

I never have, never once piloted a SCR in CW, and 1 TBR a few times. They are boring, easy mode mechs.

Never played them either, don't own any. I usually just use novas and summoners for cw.

#30 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

even the Stormcrow I was running got a nerfbat, the one I kept getting told wasn't good because I had 2 lrm10 on it, the Tag laser I'm not so sure about, but the 4 ERMedium lasers are surely fried.... I like running mixed weaponry, and don't want a damn streakcrow, I guess I don't use/ deal with the SCR platform for a bit.... never piloted the TBR in this game, so I dunno

#31 DebaucheryNShenanigans

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Guys, get over it.
you sound like pre menopausal bogans.

it was a fair nerf for an overpowered mech.

#32 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostColonel Codeine, on 20 May 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

Looks like its back to streak boats and LURMZ.

That is all.

Reporting this post for being a waste of space

#33 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostIgorius, on 20 May 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I get why players complain about the imbalance. Yes, there's imbalance between the two tech types. In universe, the Inner Sphere pounded the everliving snot out of each other for hundreds of years, while the Clans got all ritualized and tried to outdo each other. That can't be changed. However, nerfing (I've never liked that term, actually) Clan tech to be nothing near what it is supposed to be is bad comedy. I still firmly believe that the game should have been set in the 3057 to 3065 year range, so that new (more comparable to Clan stuff) Inner Sphere tech would be available. Then the incentive to sanitize the Clans' kit would dissolve. People could still run their 3025 favorites, enjoy newfangled weapons and Mechs, or run ungimped Clan rides the way they're supposed to run.

Oh well, what do I know?
Yeah i agree why couldn't we have been in the year where IS had good weapons.

#34 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 20 May 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

weird title OP, that implies there are clanners who don't use madcats and ryoken to farm

I don't.... if I want to farm, I'll use my adder...an I'm dead serious

#35 Lance425

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostFluero, on 20 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Guys, get over it.
you sound like pre menopausal bogans.

it was a fair nerf for an overpowered mech.

Never thought I'd agree with a snake...

Their will be more adjustments.

The world did not end.

Go play your Hellbringers and Summoners for a few weeks!

#36 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 May 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Yeah i agree why couldn't we have been in the year where IS had good weapons.

There's plenty of reasons for this. Having IS tech only at launch, making the Clan invasion actually feel like a Clan invasion, the excuse to do some cool events like Tukayyid, and over time you can introduce the new IS mechs, retrofit the old and salvage that the IS gleaned from their arse-kicking. I hope they jump ahead at some point so I can get an Argus to drive around (not to mention Fafnir, Uziel, etc.) but that's a way down the road.

Financially this all makes a TON of sense given the freemium game model. Having wave after wave of premium content keeps the $$ flowing.

For competitive play it was always going to be a nightmare, as the IS only really beat the Clans by exploiting their hubris (zellbrigen) and fighting unfair fights wherever possible. Gameplay requires a level of balance which was never present in the tabletop game. I don't envy the developers responsible for balancing this game. Balancing out the superior tech will tick off the folks who paid big dollars for Clan expansions, having all the IS mechs with access to FF/endo/DHS feels sorta wrong to those with tabletop memories (but it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to make mechs playable), etc. etc. etc.

Frankly I'm a little surprised the game is as balanced as it is.

#37 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 20 May 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

having all the IS mechs with access to FF/endo/DHS feels sorta wrong to those with tabletop memories (but it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to make mechs playable), etc. etc. etc.

Why is it? I have played some stock only battles and franky, they are even more fun than normal ones.. Both IS vs IS and Clan vs IS (matching 'Mechs by BV you get interesting fights, like Kit Fox A vs much heavier Tech 1 'Mechs :D ).

Btw, you nailed it.. All the Spheroids complaining about balance do not have idea of what is 3025 stock IS 'Mechs vs stock Clan Omnies.. ;)

#38 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

prior to the "adjustment", the heat on my SCR-D with 2xCLRM15, 1xCSSRM6 and 4xCSmPls was 1.17

Now it is 0.92

I think 3025 would have been a better start year for a new MW video game.

#39 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 20 May 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

prior to the "adjustment", the heat on my SCR-D with 2xCLRM15, 1xCSSRM6 and 4xCSmPls was 1.17

Now it is 0.92

Why would the cooling efficiency change? did they up the weapon heat? the cooldown and burn duration doesn't effect heat efficiency...

#40 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 20 May 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Now it is 0.92

You do realize that those values aren't effected by quirks right?

Even if they were, did the Stormcrow even get heat generation quirks? I didn't think so..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users