Attention All Timberwolf And Stormcrow Pilots....

165 replies to this topic

#41 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 May 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

You do realize that those values aren't effected by quirks right?

Even if they were, did the Stormcrow even get heat generation quirks? I didn't think so..

I have done nothing to my config since I made it and am unsure why this occurred.

#42 IceHawk00

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEllwood City, PA

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostIgorius, on 20 May 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I get why players complain about the imbalance. Yes, there's imbalance between the two tech types. In universe, the Inner Sphere pounded the everliving snot out of each other for hundreds of years, while the Clans got all ritualized and tried to outdo each other. That can't be changed. However, nerfing (I've never liked that term, actually) Clan tech to be nothing near what it is supposed to be is bad comedy. I still firmly believe that the game should have been set in the 3057 to 3065 year range, so that new (more comparable to Clan stuff) Inner Sphere tech would be available. Then the incentive to sanitize the Clans' kit would dissolve. People could still run their 3025 favorites, enjoy newfangled weapons and Mechs, or run ungimped Clan rides the way they're supposed to run.

Oh well, what do I know?

#truth

#43 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

You guys are so dumb bitching about 0.315 beam and cool down maximum. If it helps if you work out the math you can actually fire your ERLL's more often than you could before. The longer beam time and cool down let your heat come down between each shot reducing both ghost heat and the amount you need to cool off between each shot. So yea, stop this whining you still have more range, speed and armor than the IS and you still do the same damage.

#44 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

I am not a special pilot yet I feel like I must be better than even I imagine.

I am bringing the same drop deck that I brought before the nerf... same load outs and everything. Timber, Timber, Storm and an Adder and I'm doing as well as I did before (average 1500-2000 damage in CW with lots of kills).

2Largepulse, 4medium Timber, 1gauss, 4 medium timber, UAC20, 3 medium Stormcrow, UAC5, 2 medium pulse adder. The only mech I feel I'd really like to fiddle with is the adder or bring my splat myst a bit more.

The biggest difference I think I've encountered, btw, is having to wait a little longer to let my mech cool down if I want to alpha. That's really been about it.

Edited by Daisu Saikoro, 20 May 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#45 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:16 AM

I own exactly 5 mechs, 2 of witch are Timberwolves, and 1 is a Stromcrow, so the nerf hit me preeety hard.. I'v been defanged, so to speak..

But hey, I'v always been the underdog, and I REFUSE to let this nerf affect me so much as some of the other players have been, to the point of rage quitting CW or MWO entirely.

I suggest we clanners see this nerf not as a setback, but as an oportunity to get sooo much better at heat management, precision shooting our lasers, and cooperating as teams.

I WILL NOT change my TBR builds much.

I WILL NOT change my style of play.

I WILL NOT be intimidated and bullied by quirks.

I WILL be true to the Ideals of Kerensky... Adapt, survive, thrive!

#46 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

#C-ERLargeLightsaber

View PostVellron2005, on 21 May 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

I own exactly 5 mechs, 2 of witch are Timberwolves, and 1 is a Stromcrow, so the nerf hit me preeety hard.. I'v been defanged, so to speak..

But hey, I'v always been the underdog, and I REFUSE to let this nerf affect me so much as some of the other players have been, to the point of rage quitting CW or MWO entirely.

I suggest we clanners see this nerf not as a setback, but as an oportunity to get sooo much better at heat management, precision shooting our lasers, and cooperating as teams.

The negative quirks actually make heat management far easier, since now your lasers burn forever, then take forever to recharge.

#47 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

But your large lasers on the heavier nerfed chassis now shine like a 10,000 kilowatt spotlight giving away your position and blasting allies who get in front of you because they last so long.

#48 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 20 May 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Fired my ERLL - Got some coffee - came back and my ERLL was still going...

That proves it. Clan Lasers are OP. If a Timberwolf is faced with 12 cored opponents he can take them all out with a single beam shot of an ERLL.

PGI Pls nerf the Madcat!!!!111ONEELEVEN :P

EDIT:

View PostVellron2005, on 21 May 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

That last one makes no sence. You say that you will adapt... but refuse to adapt in the 3 points before that?

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 21 May 2015 - 04:09 AM.

#49 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostCommissar Aku, on 20 May 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

You guys are so dumb bitching about 0.315 beam and cool down maximum. If it helps if you work out the math you can actually fire your ERLL's more often than you could before. The longer beam time and cool down let your heat come down between each shot reducing both ghost heat and the amount you need to cool off between each shot. So yea, stop this whining you still have more range, speed and armor than the IS and you still do the same damage.

Have you ever had to stare at an enemy for 2 seconds at a single location.. or has that enemy let you hit a single location for 2 seconds with a single weapon...

Come one man have some common sense here...

Lol.

#50 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

My TBR-C (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a4336dab22686c) had a -21% duration and cooldown.... as for the SCR I've never used a dedicated energy boat mostly just missiles with a few lasers.

#51 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostB8hunter, on 21 May 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

My TBR-C (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9a4336dab22686c) had a -21% duration and cooldown.... as for the SCR I've never used a dedicated energy boat mostly just missiles with a few lasers.

On the C try this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...36199c145c719dd

WIth a laser cool down module it is -1%
But yeah pure laser vomit on a TBR is dead. :( and besides a c/d I have had problems making a 600+ per match mech.

#52 Escaflow

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

My only build which get hit hard is my 2x U/AC 5 timber since the Longer Burn time means i can only shoot targets that, stand still, run in a strait line or are near me.
So either i change it to LB-X or Laser Vomit, where it doesn't madder, or do a lurm boat out of him...

#53 StoneRhino

• PipPipPip
  • Go-cho
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostIgorius, on 20 May 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

I get why players complain about the imbalance. Yes, there's imbalance between the two tech types. In universe, the Inner Sphere pounded the everliving snot out of each other for hundreds of years, while the Clans got all ritualized and tried to outdo each other. That can't be changed. However, nerfing (I've never liked that term, actually) Clan tech to be nothing near what it is supposed to be is bad comedy. I still firmly believe that the game should have been set in the 3057 to 3065 year range, so that new (more comparable to Clan stuff) Inner Sphere tech would be available. Then the incentive to sanitize the Clans' kit would dissolve. People could still run their 3025 favorites, enjoy newfangled weapons and Mechs, or run ungimped Clan rides the way they're supposed to run.

Oh well, what do I know?

The problem is that there really seems to be little if no balancing at least in the pub games. If you want to talk about Battletech then what we need is some kind of balancing mechanism to prevent the clantech using players from simply using better mechs without a counter. In universe Clanners bid down their forces, going so far as to actually start bidding away the right to use specific weapons on their specific mechs. Can you imagine the chances that a Madcat using player would bid away the right to use his LRMs in a match? Yeah, thats not going to happen.

The in universe balancing mechanism was "clan honor". That was also part of the balancing act in a game of Battletech, but now that is effectively replaced by BV2 so no one has to worry if someone is going to break Zel for the hell...of it.

Maybe there is a balancing mechanism in place in pub games, but I haven't seen it. What I have seen is teams full of clan tech and equal tonnage going against most I.S. mechs of the same tonnage, with both teams having equal numbers. I'm not for bringing clan tech in line with I.S. tech. I agree that the game should have always been set in the post invasion world of at least 3055. The game never seemed to make sense wanting to start in 3039 and a supposed day for real day of progression, but we are going to toss in clan mechs and make an apparent time jump, but not reduce the tonnage of an opposing clan force, or reduce their numbers to balance things.

Just give me my damn MRMs already...

#54 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

View Postreign, on 21 May 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

But yeah pure laser vomit on a TBR is dead. :(

I just use my SSG (SuperShotGun) build now *That is classified* Also if there so concerned with killing the meta Then why give us the Gladiator? Why give use the Grasshopper? Why the Black knight? Wolfhound? Hankyu? All energy boats. What is going on here!?

#55 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostB8hunter, on 21 May 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

I just use my SSG (SuperShotGun) build now *That is classified* Also if there so concerned with killing the meta Then why give us the Gladiator? Why give use the Grasshopper? Why the Black knight? Wolfhound? Hankyu? All energy boats. What is going on here!?

Executioner: they are giving us the last 3050 Omnies.

Grasshopper, Blacknight, Wolfhound: they have been voted in a poll by the forum users, actually ;)

#56 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

In CW the issue is not the mechs themselves, rather the ability to take the same mech (4 Stormcrow-Prime for example) or same mech class (all the different Stormcrow variants for example) as the drop deck. Of course the issue at the moment is the lack of Clan mech selection. And then magnify that across 12 players.

As for the nerf - fair enough - but they were too extreme. Should have been a -5% nerf on those areas, rather than -9% to 15%.

EDIT: Disclosure, I own Clan Wave I, II, and Tier 3 on Wave III. And yes, for the Tukayyid event - I played for Clan Wolf (instead of my normal InnerSphere leanings).

Edited by Simbacca, 21 May 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#57 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 20 May 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

Basically, PGI has forced me to bring 3 Hellbringers, all with ECM, instead of 2 Timberwolves and a Hellbringer. IS pilots are about to see a lot less of the enemy that's killing them. At least it will be another month or two before PGI nerfs the Hellbringers into oblivion, too.

RISE UP HELLBRINGERS! RISE UP CLANS!
Posted Image

#58 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 21 May 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

Executioner: they are giving us the last 3050 Omnies.

Grasshopper, Blacknight, Wolfhound: they have been voted in a poll by the forum users, actually ;)

Fair enough now if they gave us the rest of the weapons in bt lore that would be a great way to encourag that diversity were looking for and one more note they gave the tdr-5ss those insane mpl quirks, so....

Edited by B8hunter, 21 May 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#59 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:20 AM

View PostB8hunter, on 21 May 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

Fair enough now if they gave us the rest of the weapons in bt lore that would be a great way to encourag that diversity were looking for and one more note they gave the tdr-5ss those insane mpl quirks, so....

What is the timeline for then? -_- I want a Mad Cat mk.II, but i am going to wait..

What if they actually respected lore more and instead of overnerfing us gave a try to 10vs12?

Quirks were not a really bad idea, but they really went too far, from "5 quirks for tier 5 etc." to tens of quirks, some of which go as far as 50% bonuses!

#60 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

I don't know what PGI is thinking...

...First they reset the map.
...Next the Clans get their teeth knocked in by the IS (like pushed back to a capital world kind of knocked in).
...THEN after the Clans are already getting hammered in CW they take the top 2 mechs used by Clans and nerf them into the ground.

The good news is Clans are getting a buff to CW reward perks across the board. So they got that going for them....which is nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users