Hellbringer Questioning On Quirks

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Hellbringer Quirk Questioning (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What Kind of nerfs does it need?

1. YES, It needs many nerfs (1 votes [1.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

2. Yeah, it needs a few nerfs (6 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. NO, It's fine as is (73 votes [91.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.25%

Vote

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

This is for those who want to discuss the Hellbringer and its nerfs.

I for one think it needs a few, per say Heat Generation with Large Lasers and Medium Lasers, and maybe a negative ballistic quirk of +5%.

I will not vote, as I will let the people decide. This vote shall later be asked to be viewed by Russ Later to confirm what the Hellbringer will need.

#2 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

It wouldn't make sense for it to not get nerfed after what happened to the SCR and TBR. That said, I hope the nerfs are reduced/normalized before the hellbringer gets knocked down.

#3 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostMoldur, on 21 May 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

It wouldn't make sense for it to not get nerfed after what happened to the SCR and TBR. That said, I hope the nerfs are reduced/normalized before the hellbringer gets knocked down.

That's why these polls are being made, to show what the community wants from PGI rather then making a whole mess of threads, with different topics and ideas on the same thing...

#4 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

no it is what SOME of you want, already bad enough you and your buddies screwed over the TW & Crow so you want to keep going until you ruin all the mechs that the clans have.

pgi are already IS favored and you want to help give them more of a reason to screw clans over.

if people are so dead set against the Clan being rightfully so better than why have them in the game at all?

#5 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostVinJade, on 21 May 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

no it is what SOME of you want, already bad enough you and your buddies screwed over the TW & Crow so you want to keep going until you ruin all the mechs that the clans have.

The only people who screwed over the TW & Crow are those who played them endlessly as a Meta loadout.

#6 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

@Mercules
so the few that over use it should cause others that have not abused it to be punished?

No I think not the nerfs should be removed and some other way to solve the problems.

besides what about those that boat ac 2s?
Or mechs that boat medium lasers(Swayback)
Or other energy boats like the Thunderbolts?

You are clanner for freakensakes you should have been dead set against it to start with.

you of all people I am sure of by now already know how much better a lot of IS tech already is compared to clan tech.

Still I blame those whom moan about clan boats when we see Is side doing the very same thing but better.

I run both Clan and IS mechs so I am by no means bias I just hate seeing one side getting the shaft because of the few.

the clan mech I run is a light by the way

Edited by VinJade, 21 May 2015 - 09:50 AM.

#7 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

SCR and TBR get nerfed. Scout decides the remaining, barefly viable chassis must also be nerfed, lol.

The only thing the Loki has going to it is that ECM. It pops way too easily on the field when pressed. Frankly, it could use some buffs.

FYI: I don't own any Loki, nor have I ever piloted one. You've actually got an IS pilot here thinking the Loki is underpowered! :D

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 21 May 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

SCR and TBR get nerfed. Scout decides the remaining, barefly viable chassis must also be nerfed, lol.

The only thing the Loki has going to it is that ECM. It pops way too easily on the field when pressed. Frankly, it could use some buffs.

FYI: I don't own any Loki, nor have I ever piloted one. You've actually got an IS pilot here thinking the Loki is underpowered! :D

Nah, I own one. Meta build too....

But hey, if you read, I said I would also make a poll if they needed to be buffed too!

#9 Torchfire Katayama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 114 posts
  • LocationNA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 21 May 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

This is for those who want to discuss the Hellbringer and its nerfs.

I for one think it needs a few, per say Heat Generation with Large Lasers and Medium Lasers, and maybe a negative ballistic quirk of +5%.

I will not vote, as I will let the people decide. This vote shall later be asked to be viewed by Russ Later to confirm what the Hellbringer will need.

Hey look, they got the TBR and the SCR nerfed, now their after our HBR's too! Now taking bets on whats next. Step right up folks, place your bets here.

Edited by Torchfire, 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#10 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

@Torchfire

Didn't vote, your reply is invalid.

#11 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

Clan mechs have been nerfed enough.

#12 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostMercules, on 21 May 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

The only people who screwed over the TW & Crow are those who played them endlessly as a Meta loadout.

View PostVinJade, on 21 May 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

@Mercules
so the few that over use it should cause others that have not abused it to be punished?

No I think not the nerfs should be removed and some other way to solve the problems.

You are clanner for freakensakes you should have been dead set against it to start with.

you of all people I am sure of by now already know how much better a lot of IS tech already is compared to clan tech.

Still I blame those whom moan about clan boats when we see Is side doing the very same thing but better.

I run both Clan and IS mechs so I am by no means bias I just hate seeing one side getting the shaft because of the few.

the clan mech I run is a light by the way

Mercules has a right to have his opinion and he says what he thinks would balance the game better rather than what would benefit him.
I'd trust someone who does a clean nonbiased opinion above all others.

I use both clan and IS mechs. But i chose not to vote because i got no experience with Hellbringers except as opponents.
Making up your opinion according to which side you favor is just outright wrong. Think of the balance of the game rather than what goes in your favor.

I support the nerfs of the Firestarters despite the fact that it's my favorite IS light mech.

#13 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostMercules, on 21 May 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

That's only because we have very few mechs that can battle it out with IS mechs and their quirks. Get a clue!

#14 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:35 AM

I used to think Hellbringers strong because I mostly experienced them in the early days of CW, encountering quad LL builds.

I've bought my own Hellbringers and ... they're honestly utter crap compared to what I expected them to be. No jumpjets, large flat profile, weak armour, most builds run hot, poor torso twist range. Good mech, but not as strong as I once thought it was. I definitely don't feel it needs any nerfs.

#15 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 23 May 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

That's only because we have very few mechs that can battle it out with IS mechs and their quirks. Get a clue!

Sorry but this is incorrect. Your choice of tactics is much more important than the mech you use.
Take my Kit Fox for example. Most say clan lights are too slow and yet i'm just as successfull with the Kit Fox as i am with my Vindicator.
And i think it's catching up to my Firestarters.

#16 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

I play both IS and clan and i can tell you from experience that clan mechs are not OP and do not need the nerfs that are being dumped on them.
The nerfs are taking the fun right out of them and making them hard to play.
This is a game and it should be fun,not cater to a small minority of crybabies who get shot by a timberwolf or hellbringer and say its OP nerf it.

#17 darkezero

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostTorchfire, on 21 May 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hey look, they got the TBR and the SCR nerfed, now their after our HBR's too! Now taking bets on whats next. Step right up folks, place your bets here.

50 c-bills on the direwolf, with a negative to ballistic RoF to the point a spider-5v with 1 small laser can stare it down and win

Edited by darkezero, 23 May 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#18 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

I think hellbringers are pretty well balanced actually...

They are fairly frail machines. And, despite having 5 more tons on it, it has less free tonnage than the Mad Dog. And God help you if you put an LRM on the right torso, the pod on your shoulder doubles the size of your mech.

They're only problematic en-masse due to their ECM cloud. But, when the IS gets the Cataphract 0XP for c-bills, it will be a moot point, and the two will balance eachother out. The 'phract even has 5 more tons.

#19 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 23 May 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

Sorry but this is incorrect. Your choice of tactics is much more important than the mech you use.
Take my Kit Fox for example. Most say clan lights are too slow and yet i'm just as successfull with the Kit Fox as i am with my Vindicator.
And i think it's catching up to my Firestarters.

There's always an exception to the rule but for the most part what I stated is true.

#20 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

@Mercules

If you look at what my comment says and was in reference to....

It was stated that the people calling for nerfs were to blame for it being nerfed. I stated this is untrue. What I stated, more or less, is that the TBR and Crow are basically the top tier mechs of their weight class. Not top Clan mechs but top tier. All Heavy mechs IS and Clan don't measure up to TBRs with their mobility, hit boxes, and the loadouts they can carry. So people really shouldn't be surprised when the most often used mech gets a few nerfs to maybe encourage people to use something else. It isn't a "few" people overusing them, it's that in any given match you have a very high chance of running into 3 heavies per side that are nothing but Timberwolves. The mech is good, really good, the best heavy in the game so EVERYONE who wants to run the best mech runs it. That is to blame for the nerfs.

See, claiming something is OP won't get it nerfed alone, the devs do actually have to see some evidence that comment might have some actual fact to it.

There are dozens of ways to solve the problem, but none that will be easily implemented and they can't go another 6 months with the Timberwolfe being the premier mech.

Yes, we hear everyday how over powered those AC2 boats are. They are just sweeping the meta and everyone is using them now. Those Swaybacks, what with their overheating like crazy and limited range are a huge threat as well....
Posted Image

Thunderbolts have had one nerf pass recently for the PPC version and will likely have another coming up. I wouldn't bundle your underthings into a wad worrying too much about it.

No I'm not. I'm an MWO player who's unit takes contracts from both Clan and IS and happened to be on a Clan contract.

No it isn't. IS tech has other disadvantages. People point at the Stalker as doing Laser poke better. No kidding, if you look at it in a vacuum of CW long range laser poke the Stalker (an assault) does throw more firepower downstream than a Timberwolf. Except the Stalker has less twist speed to spread damage, lower speed so it can't close when it wants to or move in and out of cover quicker, no option for JJs, and is really vulnerable to flanking so when you are not dealing with poking at each other at long range in CW the Timberwolf is a MUCH better mech because it is able to do the Laser Poke and still maneuver and spread damage well.

The Timberwolf/Stormcrow nerfs were minor hits to their superiority. They are still solid mechs but the gap between them and the lower tier mechs of the same weight class has closed a bit. That is all.

Edited by Mercules, 24 May 2015 - 09:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users