July 10th.

25 replies to this topic

#21 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Noo.... can't get founder until the 11th. :) I'll likely miss the next round of gambling. Who knows maybe I'll just get lucky, pfft. As if. I'm not a lucky man. Where as Han Solo said never to tell him the odds, I would be like lets GTFO MANG.

#22 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostGamgee, on 03 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Noo.... can't get founder until the 11th. :D I'll likely miss the next round of gambling. Who knows maybe I'll just get lucky, pfft. As if. I'm not a lucky man. Where as Han Solo said never to tell him the odds, I would be like lets GTFO MANG.

July 10th will just be the *beginning* of Closed Beta - Phase 2. Invites should be flowing consistently from that date until the Founders entry on August 7th. Russ even stated somewhere he hoped that enough invites can go out that most Founders won't have to wait all the way till the 7th. So buck up, get Founders when you can, and cross your fingers :)

#23 Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 03 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

July 10th will just be the *beginning* of Closed Beta - Phase 2. Invites should be flowing consistently from that date until the Founders entry on August 7th. Russ even stated somewhere he hoped that enough invites can go out that most Founders won't have to wait all the way till the 7th. So buck up, get Founders when you can, and cross your fingers :)

^This

Hopefully upgrades go smoothly for them

#24 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

You are guaranteed entrance to the closed beta on August 7th. Originally that date was going to be in mid July, but it was pushed back *before* Founders went on sale, due to a delay in getting their production server hardware in place.

Those servers are either arriving or being installed on July 10th, and that is when a massive increase in closed beta invites will be happening. Founders will be getting priority for those invites, regardless of when you applied for the beta or purchased the founders package or even which package you got (veterans are treated the same as us legendaries).

This is correct

#25 MWO Atari2600

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wildcat said:
"they just did not have a freaking Clue what they were doing..... was such a shame to see the totally crap work they put into that game and NEVER listened to the Closed Beta Testers.... the game was Full of Hype just as I thought it was... Terrible waste....

And I know, because they gave me and my friends a free 2 weeks or something to play a month or so after release... and everything was pretty much the same as Closed beta... they never Listened to us Testers..."

I can't believe they didn't stop development and call you and your friends into their offices and had you help them completely redesign everything from the ground up no matter time or cost...because you're so smart and knowledgable
<Sarcasm>

Developers with Beta products are very much finished the game or the version they will be releasing to the public
You are crazy to think they are waiting patiently for some Beta testers feedback
They have their own qualified testers, testing for months even years.
Your feedback is accepted but any repy from developers is token gratitude
It's like when they video and press release a sports star gives feedback on how a game plays/should play the week before release....it's for PR only
Beta test = server tests, test for high number of people doing what? and when? Something a small team of developers can't do and have no time for

This game (and all others) would be in a lot of trouble if they waited for fan boy feedback on game design mere weeks before release.

Leave the game design and execution to the professionals, give feedback when asked and revel if they do consider changes based on what you along with thousands of other offer up.

Few of us would be able to add pertanent feedback at this point. I'll leave it to Piranha to make this game.

Looking forward to release

#26 Hunted Dragon

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostAzzras, on 03 July 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Patience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users