Winning At Everything By... Falling Down?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:17 PM

A big issue with Time To Kill is that your cross hair will pretty much always be wherever it needs to on the other guy. What if there was a system implemented where if a Mech takes, lets say 30-50% of it's weight in damage in less than a second, the Mech falls down. This creates massive issues right off the bat by keeping the poor schmuck immobile (or at least squirming to get up) for a couple seconds (Mech's with hands get up faster :D ?) BUT it also gives you a chance to drop a pesky Light Mech who's decided to get a bit too close, and it also stops the offending damage dealer from keeping a bead on their target, especially at long range. We might see laser-vomit drop dramatically, because while it's easy to do damage with it, it will not be able to knock an enemy out of the fight for a few seconds. What do you peeps think? Anything else you'd add? Any thoughts on what else the joy of falling down can afford you?

#2 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

It used to be in the game... but it was buggy as all hell.... The getting back up animation warped the mech all over the place.

It'd be nice to see it come back, if it were fixed.

#3 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:59 PM

#BowlingWithDragons

Man, those were the days.

#4 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

I am not sure it would be wise as AC 2s cause more shaking than any other weapon which would make ac 2s even more deadly than they should be.

When getting slammed by a GR slug I get knocked back for a moment but the ac 2s caused all havoc and makes it impossible to fire back let alone do much else other than try to find cover while getting knocked around.

add this and no mech would be able to get back up ever which would mean something would need nerfed or some other thing would be needed that does NOT require pods or 2M C-bills

#5 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

Knockdowns. Collisions. Those were the days.

A light pilot actually had to be GOOD. Run into another mech, allied or not, and chances are you were dead. ((Unless of course; Your stand up shield kicked in.)) [for those of you who haven't heard, When you were knocked down, your view went to 3rd person as you stood up. However, as you stood up your mech would warp to a new location and play the standup animation for other players. While, in the server, you were standing anywhere from 10 to 50 meters elsewhere]

I loved Dragon Bowling. And I hope it comes back! It was fun, And Factual! The Dragon had almost all of it's tonnage center mass. Combined with going 80KPH, It could bowl over a 100ton Atlas and keep going. ((if the Atlas was doing less then 20 or 30 KPH.)) If the Atlas was going full speed (60kph) They would both get knocked over. This meant that hugging was a really bad idea. As this is a "Mech Sim" It should have knockdowns. If Light Pilot manages to run himself, full speed, into an assault. He should have his butt on the ground.

Edited by Enzane, 22 May 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostEnzane, on 22 May 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

Knockdowns. Collisions. Those were the days.

A light pilot actually had to be GOOD. Run into another mech, allied or not, and chances are you were dead. ((Unless of course; Your stand up shield kicked in.)) [for those of you who haven't heard, When you were knocked down, your view went to 3rd person as you stood up. However, as you stood up your mech would warp to a new location and play the standup animation for other players. While, in the server, you were standing anywhere from 10 to 50 meters elsewhere]

I loved Dragon Bowling. And I hope it comes back! It was fun, And Factual! The Dragon had almost all of it's tonnage center mass. Combined with going 80KPH, It could bowl over a 100ton Atlas and keep going. ((if the Atlas was doing less then 20 or 30 KPH.)) If the Atlas was going full speed (60kph) They would both get knocked over. This meant that hugging was a really bad idea. As this is a "Mech Sim" It should have knockdowns. If Light Pilot manages to run himself, full speed, into an assault. He should have his butt on the ground.

I never experienced those glitches. Interesting.

Frankly, I miss knock-downs. It's a big part of MechWarrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users