Give Us Proper Clan Trail Mechs

Issue

9 replies to this topic

#1 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:27 PM

Last time, i tried to pilot a Maddog Trail. Its insane how bad these builds are. Got a heat efficiency of 0.95 and only got 360 missiles with 2x LRM20.... Also with those changes to lasers and stuff this is not helping at all.

If you want to attract more people playing MWO and especially Clans, PGI really need to give us some proper trail Mechs. Ask the Community to create some proper builds if you can't decide. These trail Mechs now are cannon fodder at its truest form.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

Already being worked on.

It won't make you feel better, but you should have seen thenokd trial mechs before clans: stock IS mechs. Usually with Single Heat Sinks, objectively awful builds.

At least the clan Trials have reasonable builds, if not always easy to use.

#3 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:50 AM

This shouldve been done much sooner, we are already at Wave 3 for clanners. How hard can it be to add some proper trail mechs...

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Trial.

#5 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

Well I have to say I agree that the current trial mechs are not very competitve. When I just started playing, I used the Trial MadDog heavily, and regularly got shot down quite easy.. The trick is to stay in the back, untill all LRM's are used up (witch is rather quick), and then just accept your fate and charge blindly on into the enemy, hoping to get off a few shots..

Some of the mechs are great though... One such example is the Trial Myst Lynx, wich can be quite annoying for the enemy.

I think the current Trial mechs should be switched around a bit.. they havent changed them in a while, and they are due for a change.

Ideally, I sugest that they let new pilots pilot ANY prime variant of ANY IS or CLAN mech as a TRIAL mech.. that really is the only way for new players to try them out and see what they like.

This way, you could pre-test any mech and then buy just the ones you like, instead of buying one, hating it,and then selling it at a loss..

#6 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:33 AM

The Clan Trial 'mechs are based off of their stock Lore builds. Nothing more, nothing less. I can agree however that PGI ought to at least consider changing them to more optimized builds, still using the stock Omni-Pods, though.

#7 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 May 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Already being worked on.

It won't make you feel better, but you should have seen thenokd trial mechs before clans: stock IS mechs. Usually with Single Heat Sinks, objectively awful builds.

At least the clan Trials have reasonable builds, if not always easy to use.

The trial mechs ARE perfectly fine. They are not meta, but they have been totally tricked out with XL engines, DHS, and usually Endo/FF.

For PUG games and for getting a feel of the game, they are perfectly viable. I mastered my 3 x TBRs in stock mode as a personal challenge, so its doable (I know, I know, its still THE TBR.)

I feel that the community should be more circumspect with the trial mechs. For IS, its now "Champion" builds. For Clans, its the VERY viable Lore builds. Now you shouldn't expect to go into hard core CW with these mechs. but as a teaser, to get a feel, it is very much up to the task.

And as one of the posters have mentioned, there was a time that IS mechs were not champion, but stock lore mode. Now those really could not function even in PUG mode. No DHS to say the least, unless its the 3050 variant.

Take some time to read out about the function of the mech and how best to play them. a less than 1 heat efficiency is not necessarily bad. Afterall, you dont exactly expect to play both LRMS and LL and ML at the same time seeing that the former is indirect and the latter two are direct weapons

#8 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

I am truly getting bored of meta this or meta that.

get off your high horse before you end up falling off of it and hurting yourself.

no one ever said to make it like a over powered IS mech(lets face it ton for ton IS tech has an edge) and its all because of people like you who whine about tech being too powerful or to many laser boats and so on.

deal with it Clan tech should always out perform IS tech until the early to late 60s.

so yeah they are not asking for anything other than mechs that could be a bit easier to work with and test.

#9 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

Sorry, couldn't contain myself:

Posted Image

And don't get me wrong. I support this thread!

#10 ackstorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

YEAH! GIVE US MORE CLAN TRAIL MIX!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users