Bug: Ramps In Vitric Forge

5 replies to this topic

#1 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'm having trouble with my Atlas to get up the ramps in Vitric Forge as a defender. I also witnessed a King Crab having the same problem. I'm using a 300 reactor with speed tweak.

Oddly enough I CAN get up ALL the ramps when I run it in the testing grounds. In a real CW match however you walk up all the way to the top and then can't advance any further.

So the only way to get up is one of the left-side ramps with has earth/stone next to it... still, rather silly if your mech (designed for rough terrain) can't get up a RAMP ;)

PS: There's also a thread in the archives about this, but since it's in the archives I can't post there. One of the Admins replied that he couldn't replicate this... might be because it DOES work in testing grounds. Please look into this and fix it.

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

This happens to just about all Assault pilots I have been with on that map.

This is especially easy to replicate on the right-hand-side spawn point on the defenders' side.

Can't double-check, since the patch made the game not even start up properly for me.

Edited by Gagis, 24 May 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#3 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

yep the right ramp is literally unpassable for the heaviest assaults. the middle on works fine tho.

#4 Runenstahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

Sorry, just saw how to report properly.

Title: Unpassable ramps in Vitric Forge

Description: Can't go up the ramps on Vitric Forge in Atlas with 300 engine and speed tweak. Happened to a King Crab I was watching too. Unknowns if it affects other assaults too.

Location: Vitric Forge, CW only. Does NOT happen in testing grounds

Reproduction Rate: 100 % so far

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have an assault in your drop deck,
2. get to defend Vitric Forge
3. try to get up a ramp

#5 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

That whole map is a laggy hitching mess. I just got out of a match where every time I had to turn my mech, the framerate dropped to unplayable levels, I was even killed because my screen froze for ten seconds

#6 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

That map is like if you took the statues from the old River City and made an entire map of them, then plopped down buildings with the old HPG hitboxes in. To add to the fun all the spawns are unreachable, so people can refuse to leave their spawn, but if they actually try to play you have the same spawn camping problems you always do.

The map should be pulled from rotation until they fix it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users