#21 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

There is some action in CW and the clans are making progress, thus the extension.

#22 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

I get peoples frustration here. Our Merc unit was JF before the event started, and only have 3 or 4 days left on the contract, at which point we will switch to another faction for a contract. It would be awfully nice to have my 5% loyalty boost to get the most out of LP while i can.

That said, some of our members weren't able to finish in the time available, and they will welcome the extra time to complete it.

Whichever way you see it, getting angry and QQing about it really isn't going to help. My two cents.

Edit: Faulty grammar.

Edited by Rhazien, 26 May 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#23 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

Gleee!

Also: thanks a ton for the Clan sale at long last.

#24 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

This is going to mess with a lot of units that broke contract Sat/Sun (so they could re-switch factions after the Tues Deadline).

#25 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:39 AM

PS: Amen, Rhazien - no amount of money spent gives you license to have a hissy fit on the forums and throw tantrums like a toddler.

#26 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:49 AM

I think my contract will expire on friday, but I'm sure there's quite a lot that are expiring before the new deadline.

If this weekend is IS you'll either have to do another contract break or have a lot of very irritated people to deal with if they get stuck in clan to get the reward they were supposed to get today.

#27 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

If there is a Resistance or Urban Mech event this weekend, we'll be okay as long as it's not CW related.

#28 Hubelwutz

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Gotta agree with most of the people here.

>Promises were made.
>Promises were broken.

That's the only two absolutely non-discussable facts. You're actually playing with us gamers right now!

Edited by Hubelwutz, 26 May 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#29 Strongpaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth of Montreal

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 26 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

PS: Amen, Rhazien - no amount of money spent gives you license to have a hissy fit on the forums and throw tantrums like a toddler.

Ok simple concept for the uneducated:

CW Badly designed IS or Clan only system has been broken from day 1.

When you do 'Time Sensitive Event' that REQUIRE you to be on one side or the other for 3 days with a Stupid CW system that locks you in for weeks, months, forever. That's PGI being stupid!

*Sticks Pacifyier in '3100+ Yapping chiwawa' mouth!*

SImple FIX for PGI.

OPT IN EVENT where you choose AT THE OPT IN CLAN or IS. Event happens, Games are Registered. PGI HURR DURR Avoided. This is not the first CW stupiditity Event with this issue.

Edited by Strongpaw, 26 May 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#30 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

Being rude and whining about it helps, how? Wow, you've convinced me, I'll tell you! I'll start my own infantile campaign of insults and unreasonable recriminations right away! How foolish I've been, pursuing adulthood all this time.

Speaking of the uneducated, you missed several required punctuations, mismatched plural and singular, misspelled "pacifier," and succeeded only in embarrassing yourself. Your tone is rude, your logic is shoddy, your demeanor is that of a spoiled child - and your speaking privileges are revoked.

Good day.

/ignore

#31 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The Faction Medalion you receive will be based on your contract at the end of the event.

The timing is pretty bad with certain unit contracts (those that didn't do the cooldown to sync up with the event).

That would be very problematic.

#32 Tustle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Oh neat. Extra days for the folks with less than four Invasion or Gold 'mechs.

Kind of a moot point now for me though.

#33 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

Frankly, not that surprised, because it seems like every one of these "events" that PGI wants to use to stress test systems/test quirks/whatever ends up with PGI running around at some point in "head up **** orifice" mode, and changing the rules mid and expiration mid stream. Unfortunately, the only way to get their attention would harm the game, and that would be fore everyone to just NOT PLAY IN ONE OF THE CHALLENGES. If everyone were to just state to PGI that they are way off base, and refuse to play for one weekend to send a message, maybe they would get a clue. Or not.

As far as the clan balancing issue, I have said all along that for CW, if you want balance, then the clans fight in stars, and the IS fights in lances. In CW, each company should have 3 lances, each person has 4 mechs, and each Clan unit should have 2 stars, each person has 4 mechs. That means for the whole match, IS has a total of 48 mechs to draw on, and the Clans have 40. With that set up, you would not need all of the BS quirks, that were supposed to be IS only things, now being handed to the clans. Just sayin'.

#34 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 26 May 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Frankly, not that surprised, because it seems like every one of these "events" that PGI wants to use to stress test systems/test quirks/whatever ends up with PGI running around at some point in "head up **** orifice" mode, and changing the rules mid and expiration mid stream. Unfortunately, the only way to get their attention would harm the game, and that would be fore everyone to just NOT PLAY IN ONE OF THE CHALLENGES. If everyone were to just state to PGI that they are way off base, and refuse to play for one weekend to send a message, maybe they would get a clue. Or not.

As far as the clan balancing issue, I have said all along that for CW, if you want balance, then the clans fight in stars, and the IS fights in lances. In CW, each company should have 3 lances, each person has 4 mechs, and each Clan unit should have 2 stars, each person has 4 mechs. That means for the whole match, IS has a total of 48 mechs to draw on, and the Clans have 40. With that set up, you would not need all of the BS quirks, that were supposed to be IS only things, now being handed to the clans. Just sayin'.

Please don't stop there. If you really want that to be implemented you need to provide the other half of your solution.

What do you do with group queue. You remember? The place where we all get to pick any Mech we own and get matched with 23 other people? How does 48 v 40 not completely wreck the group queue?

Edited by Domenoth, 26 May 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#35 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

It's good though that you are giving the stragglers a chance to complete.

Given I took a 7-day Clan contract at the very beginning of this challenge, I won't need to take another Clan contract in order to get the medallion at the end of the event, right?

Edited by Appogee, 26 May 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#36 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostAppogee, on 26 May 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

It's good though that you are giving the stragglers a chance to complete.

Given I took a 7-day Clan contract at the very beginning of this challenge, I won't need to take another Clan contract in order to get the medallion at the end of the event, right?

As long as you are still clan when the event finishes, then no, you won't need to take another contract.

#37 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The Faction Medalion you receive will be based on your contract at the end of the event.

So does that mean if I break contract with Jade Falcon and go back to Davion, I'll get a Davion loyalty medallion?

#38 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

So does that mean if I break contract with Jade Falcon and go back to Davion, I'll get a Davion loyalty medallion?

And what would Lone Wolfs get ..

View PostDeathlike, on 26 May 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

The timing is pretty bad with certain unit contracts (those that didn't do the cooldown to sync up with the event).

And it is bugged, we usually pick our contract 15 minutes before the weekend events start, due to the reset some hours after that our contract is now some hours behind. I tried to break the contract so I could pick it right at that time again but guess what, apparently 3 days 1 hour and 13 minutes are less than 3 days and cannot be broken ..

#39 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostBSK, on 26 May 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

The "end" was today. And EVERY clan finished it, so how about giving them us right now?

The medallions will be added to the Game June 17th.

#40 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Anyone else just getting stuck on the transferring pilots and mechs screen?

Oh and Davion? Can Steiner come out to play? I miss those guys. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users