#41 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 26 May 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Frankly, not that surprised, because it seems like every one of these "events" that PGI wants to use to stress test systems/test quirks/whatever ends up with PGI running around at some point in "head up **** orifice" mode, and changing the rules mid and expiration mid stream. Unfortunately, the only way to get their attention would harm the game, and that would be fore everyone to just NOT PLAY IN ONE OF THE CHALLENGES. If everyone were to just state to PGI that they are way off base, and refuse to play for one weekend to send a message, maybe they would get a clue. Or not.

As far as the clan balancing issue, I have said all along that for CW, if you want balance, then the clans fight in stars, and the IS fights in lances. In CW, each company should have 3 lances, each person has 4 mechs, and each Clan unit should have 2 stars, each person has 4 mechs. That means for the whole match, IS has a total of 48 mechs to draw on, and the Clans have 40. With that set up, you would not need all of the BS quirks, that were supposed to be IS only things, now being handed to the clans. Just sayin'.

View PostDomenoth, on 26 May 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Please don't stop there. If you really want that to be implemented you need to provide the other half of your solution.

What do you do with group queue. You remember? The place where we all get to pick any Mech we own and get matched with 23 other people? How does 48 v 40 not completely wreck the group queue?

Well that's not all. The very point everyone demanding 10 VS 12 players is missing is the following.

If I can choose to have 1/10=10% or 1/12=8% of impact to the outcome of a match with random players. Which sane person would free willingly choose to have less impact? Right - none!

And on the other hand when it come to team play, having superior numbers will be nearly be impossible to balance.

So we need IS:Clan balancing to be 1:1 or else you can screw the whole massive multiplayer part of the game because a large number of players will choose Clan and IS will be forsaken maybe with the exception of certain team matches.

#42 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

Sweeeet

#43 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

Invasion event extended.. SO WHAT!? Zero IS guys on the queue. Zero incentive for them to be in CW atm. I appreciate the chance to squeeze out the last couple of matches but it hinges on participation of the other side.

#44 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

I tried to play a match...

Waited 10 minutes for my group to be first in queue...

Waited 10 minutes to ghost drop...

Logged out.

#45 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 26 May 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Invasion event extended.. SO WHAT!? Zero IS guys on the queue. Zero incentive for them to be in CW atm. I appreciate the chance to squeeze out the last couple of matches but it hinges on participation of the other side.

Perhaps we should just recreate the refusal war?

(Did I get the reference right? I'm not that accurate on the lore).

#46 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Spread the word if the IS is not gonna participate. Get some Clan vs clan going pick a planet and spread the word on the teamspeaks

#47 Strongpaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSouth of Montreal

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

PGI SALES AND GREAT EVENT EXTENSIONS! http://www.docrat.co...f-and-nonsense/

#48 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 26 May 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

So does that mean if I break contract with Jade Falcon and go back to Davion, I'll get a Davion loyalty medallion?

Hey Smalls, Nope, only the clans can get the medallion, so ya need to have a contract with a clan on Thursday when the event ends to get one. And also have won 12 points in the personal challenge. :)

#49 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 26 May 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Please don't stop there. If you really want that to be implemented you need to provide the other half of your solution.

What do you do with group queue. You remember? The place where we all get to pick any Mech we own and get matched with 23 other people? How does 48 v 40 not completely wreck the group queue?

No, because in the group queue, a lot of the time (in fact most of it) you are dropping with other mechs, and unless your unit is dropping as a 12 in the group queue, you will have IS mechs mixed in with you, just like the other group, unless they are dropping in a 12 man IS team drop, they have a decent chance of having clan mechs mixed in with them. The requiring clans to drop in stars, with a 12 IS mechs = 10 Clan mechs is a solution SPECIFICALLY POINTED at Clan VS IS CW. For IS vs IS CW, its 12 v 12 with each person having 4 mechs, so 48 V 48. For Clan V Clan CW, its 10 v 10 with each person having 4 mechs, so it is 40 v 40. For regular group queue, the only time there is a real issue is when there is 12 Clan mechs on one side, and 12 IS mechs on the other. While not an ideal situation, at least it is a workable solution for CW, and would then allow for some of the nerfs from BOTH SIDES to be rolled back.

Edited by Icebergdx, 26 May 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#50 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostRyoken, on 26 May 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Well that's not all. The very point everyone demanding 10 VS 12 players is missing is the following.

If I can choose to have 1/10=10% or 1/12=8% of impact to the outcome of a match with random players. Which sane person would free willingly choose to have less impact? Right - none!

And on the other hand when it come to team play, having superior numbers will be nearly be impossible to balance.

So we need IS:Clan balancing to be 1:1 or else you can screw the whole massive multiplayer part of the game because a large number of players will choose Clan and IS will be forsaken maybe with the exception of certain team matches.

But the whole idea of the clans was they were superior in technology, but that they specifically fought to have wins in good tough fights. Remember also, that the clans fought to prove their worth for blood names, and to guarantee that their genetic makeup was that of the superior warrior, to enable those superior genes to pass on to the next generation via their breeding program.They bid their forces to ensure that the win could be made with the minimum equipment used, and they themselves considered themselves superior. I am not asking for a canon adjustment to the clans, because even I think that would be too far, but for those of you that just play the game because you thought it was cool, and did not play the real Battletech, the Tabletop version, just consider this:

In the original game, a clan unit was considered to be 2 to 2.5 times as powerful as its inner sphere equivalent. Or put another way, a Clan star (5 mechs) was considered to be equal in firepower to a company (10 - 12 mechs), at least until the late 3050s, when clan tech had become much more widespread in the Inner Sphere. A clan trinary (3 stars, or 15 mechs) was considered to be close to equal to a battalion (30 - 36 mechs). And a Clan Galaxy, which averaged 4 clusters of 4 trinaries (about 80 mechs) was equal to 3 regiments (roughly 165 - 190 mechs).

With those ideas in mind from canon, I do not see how it being 12 IS v 10 Clan all that much of an issue, and I would even say that some of the idiotic nerfs that both sides have received could then be rolled back.

Edited by Icebergdx, 26 May 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#51 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostPhoenixNMGLB, on 26 May 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

Perhaps we should just recreate the refusal war?

(Did I get the reference right? I'm not that accurate on the lore).

Would be kind of cool, but since the Refusal War did not take place until around 3062, and PGI will not allow any clan tech on IS mechs, I don't think you will get many people biting on that one. A lot of the mechs in Operations Serpent and Bulldog were new IS designs, or older mechs with clan tech.

#52 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 26 May 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

No, because in the group queue, a lot of the time (in fact most of it) you are dropping with other mechs...

This is how things work now. You can't say things that hold now will also hold when you make an incredibly wild change like the one you're proposing. Not only does the behavior your argument solely teeters on have no evidence to support it, history suggests your assumption will be completely blown out of the water. What did the group queue used to look like? Embers and Dragon Slayers. And those are pay Mechs. You expect me to believe enough people will run IS Mechs vs free Clan Mechs to make your idea work when people weren't even willing to run crappy IS Mechs up against pay IS Mechs?

History (and a basic understanding of human nature) says you are wrong.

For regular group queue, the only time there is a real issue is when there is 12 Clan mechs on one side, and 12 IS mechs on the other. While not an ideal situation, at least it is a workable solution for CW...

Not an ideal situation? By your own design, 48 vs 40 is supposed to be an even match. That makes 12 vs 12 equivalent to 12 vs 14 1/2. You want IS teams to face a 2 1/2 man deficit and enjoy it enough to click "launch" repeatedly? And you think that will work? You actually think the group queue (let alone solo) will be a healthy mix of all Chassis and tech levels if one Clan Mech = 1.2 IS Mechs? You really believe people will enjoy a system that boils down to the team with the most Clan Mechs wins?

The good news for me is that PGI knows you're wrong and they've stated it. I don't have to convince you, though I feel I've done my good deed for the day trying to help you move on with your life instead of pining for a horrible idea you cherish so dearly.

Edit:

...the only time there is a real issue is when there is 12 Clan mechs on one side...

Let's analyze this a little more, shall we?

12 IS vs 6 IS + 6 Clan = 12 vs 13
12 IS vs 4 IS + 8 Clan = 12 vs 13 1/2

In both cases you're still at least an entire man down. How often are you glad to see a blue "<player> has disconnected" message in your games? Please be honest with us and yourself.

Your assertion that everything will be fine because "it'll be worth it because CW will be balanced" is also full of holes.

Edited by Domenoth, 26 May 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#53 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

Sitting at 6 million C-Bills, so more time to grind for a third Mad Cat, nice.

#54 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

gee thanks wish you guys would have announced this a while ago than I could have breached my contract and get a chance at using my invasion mechs seeing as I missed the auto contract reset. wow PGI this event just has you guys making fail after fail.

gee thanks wish you guys would have announced this a while ago than I could have breached my contract and get a chance at using my invasion mechs seeing as I missed the auto contract reset. wow PGI this event just has you guys making fail after fail.

#55 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 26 May 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Would be kind of cool, but since the Refusal War did not take place until around 3062, and PGI will not allow any clan tech on IS mechs, I don't think you will get many people biting on that one. A lot of the mechs in Operations Serpent and Bulldog were new IS designs, or older mechs with clan tech.

Refusal War happened in 3057 between Wolf and Jade Falcon. Why are you even mentioning Clan tech on IS Mechs?

#56 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

GREAT! I love it! More chances to earn money to buy another clan mech and not having to rely on Trial mechs alone!

Thanks a bunch PGI!

#57 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 26 May 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

But the whole idea of the clans was they were superior in technology, but that they specifically fought to have wins in good tough fights. Remember also, that the clans fought to prove their worth for blood names, and to guarantee that their genetic makeup was that of the superior warrior, to enable those superior genes to pass on to the next generation via their breeding program.They bid their forces to ensure that the win could be made with the minimum equipment used, and they themselves considered themselves superior. I am not asking for a canon adjustment to the clans, because even I think that would be too far, but for those of you that just play the game because you thought it was cool, and did not play the real Battletech, the Tabletop version, just consider this:

In the original game, a clan unit was considered to be 2 to 2.5 times as powerful as its inner sphere equivalent. Or put another way, a Clan star (5 mechs) was considered to be equal in firepower to a company (10 - 12 mechs), at least until the late 3050s, when clan tech had become much more widespread in the Inner Sphere. A clan trinary (3 stars, or 15 mechs) was considered to be close to equal to a battalion (30 - 36 mechs). And a Clan Galaxy, which averaged 4 clusters of 4 trinaries (about 80 mechs) was equal to 3 regiments (roughly 165 - 190 mechs).

With those ideas in mind from canon, I do not see how it being 12 IS v 10 Clan all that much of an issue, and I would even say that some of the idiotic nerfs that both sides have received could then be rolled back.

Because this isn't table top or pve.

Each mech is piloted by a real person.

How many people really want to pilot a mech knowing they have a disadvantage and will have less impact on the match?

The whole matchmaker system is designed for even teams and would require an expensive and time consuming update.

10 v 12 makes sense on the table top, it makes sense in fiction but it just doesn't make sense in a Pvp game.

#58 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostStrongpaw, on 26 May 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/b]

Wow what a joke. OK PGI When are you going to actually FIX your incompetences instead of these last second fail band-aid to look 'cool' and 'Oh we are saving the Day!'

As stated before I have sunk several thousand $ into packages, gold mechs, etc... and I an being Screwed Over by YOUR BAD Desing! When will I get my Wolf Medalion? Since I am stuck as Steiner and unable to change factions? 'Oh look 2 more days we are PGI aren't we Generous!!!' Still stuck please shove your 2 days somewhere!

PGI FIX 'YOUR' Incompetence in screwing your customers over who paid you a hell of a lot of money just to be blown off by you. 'See current event and lack of action to fix your stupidities!'

So the question remains, when am I getting my medalion because of 'YOUR' screw ups?

You really are an absolute ****** arent you? I mean seriously... lets review your post in another thread

View PostStrongpaw, on 21 May 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

Thank you PGI for screwing people over who have invested thoudands of dollars into clan packs, who are currently stuck in IS units and contracts. Your forethought and not giving a crap about your customers with a bad CW system is noted.

Similar message. back then the complaint was OK as PGI had messed up their thinking with the contracts... fast forward just 1 bloody hour later and PGI fixed yoru complaint!

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 May 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Update on Contract Break Cooldown period:

At 2:45 PM PDT tomorrow we are going to automatically zero-out any Contracts that are in a cooldown period from being broken early.

So if you break your current Contract at any time before 2:45 PM PDT tomorrow, your Cooldown period will automatically be removed to allow for a new Contract to be started with the Clan of your choice.

This cooldown reset will require that the game services go offline for a very brief period of time (approximately 5 minutes).
Services will be restored after that time, and the Event will start as normal at 3:00 PM PDT.

PGI fixed your complaint and you ignored or did not bother to take up their offer. Any further complaint on the same line is just making yourself look less and less intelligent.

#59 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

The medallions will be added to the Game June 17th.

Do you think there would be the possibility of adding the medallions early (as in now) or a garantee that players who have completed the challenge will still receive the corresponding medallion on June 17th if they re not clans and then allowing units who have completed the challenge a free swap to IS houses?

The reason for this is that seemingly IS houses are so strongly underrepresented that further drops are difficult to get and many are forced to ghost drop (thus not able to complete any points).

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 27 May 2015 - 12:09 AM.

#60 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The Faction Medalion you receive will be based on your contract at the end of the event.

I don't really think that is reasonable, Matt.
I am IS and I left my unit temporarily, breaking my permanent contract with Davion (paying the hefty fees) so that I could participate in this event. I chose a 7 day contract with CSJ and I manage to get the even done by Saturday. Nevertheless, I continued playing with CSJ guys (which were terrific) and had really good and fun games piercing through Kurita space.

Now, it says the contract will expire later today. I wonder how the calculations are made but those are no 7 days (I subscribed friday 12:00 UTC). That wouldn't be a problem if the event ended when it was supposed.

Are you saying I have to be away form my unit another week (submit to another clan contract) to get the medallion? That doesn't make any sense. I even managed to get to loyalty level 6 after dozens of CW matches (had 3-4 ghost drops). So, it is not hard to tell that my allegience during this even was with Smoke Jaguar, despite that the contract has ended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users