Joining The Ghost Bears

7 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

When i began CW, i joined the FRR. And i had an insane struggle fighting from every front.

And despite joining steiner by accident (yep...) i feel like my path lies in clan ghost bear, because of its connection with the FRR later on, and because well

I read everything i could about the diffrent clans and i feel like i could follow the path of the bear. The way the clan is, thinks, and acts. Its like they are...Neutral but powerfull.

I never bought any clan packs. I got the warhawks a la carte and the direwolves aswel. I played the warhawks for hours now. And i now i also have the maddogs. But in june i wanna go clan CW and i got the wave 3 clan collection, because the excecutioner and cauldron born are one of my favorite clan mechs.

I have very little experience in clan CW warfare tough, and i was wondering if a 2 Excecutioner 2 Mist lynx drop deck would be effecient one.

#2 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

There is little point in getting a Mist Lynx with the Artic Cheetah coming, I'd wait for it to drop. In the mean time, the Kit Fox will probably serve you better.

As for the Executioner, on paper it looks like it'll be great, though who knows? PGI might make a huge hash of the hit boxes.

You don't mention whether you have a Stormcrow or a Timberwolf, if you have neither then I would urge you to acquire them. They are, beyond a doubt, the must have clan mechs.

Oh, and if you're looking for a unit, then check us out at Clan Ghost Bear International. We won't bite... too hard!

http://ghost-bear-command.com/

#3 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

It sounds like you care more about the cultural aspects of being part of the clans. If you look forward to saying things like "aff" "neg" "seyla" and other clan words then Clan Ghost Bear International should be the community for you.

I will not lie, it is a tough community to become Mechwarrior in, as a clan really should be. We have a whole training system for new recruits, and your trial of entry will involve defeating another fully ranked mechwarrior in 1v1 combat. But that is what makes it a rewarding and challenging journey.

You become a Mechwarrior in Clan Ghost Bear through your own strength and your own determination, but you can look back on it as an actual accomplishment and something you can be proud of.

Edited by Bubblewhip, 26 May 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#4 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostXeraphale, on 26 May 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

There is little point in getting a Mist Lynx with the Artic Cheetah coming, I'd wait for it to drop. In the mean time, the Kit Fox will probably serve you better.

As for the Executioner, on paper it looks like it'll be great, though who knows? PGI might make a huge hash of the hit boxes.

You don't mention whether you have a Stormcrow or a Timberwolf, if you have neither then I would urge you to acquire them. They are, beyond a doubt, the must have clan mechs.

Oh, and if you're looking for a unit, then check us out at Clan Ghost Bear International. We won't bite... too hard!

http://ghost-bear-command.com/

Yea, I'd wait. The A.C. is way better in firepower and mobility than the Mist Lynx, however, the M.L. does excel at being a good harasser. So for now, there's no comparison between them till 21st July; that's when we get the A.C. & Shadow Cat.

#5 Riyott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn a boat (Literally)

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:54 AM

Arctic Cheetah isn't coming out for almost two months. Get the Mist Lynx and have some great death from above fun.

#6 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

In preperation for joining the ghost bears, i have began grinding cbills for my first mist lynx. I wanna be ready in june to join my destiny. (Riyott is correct, this way, i can equip a drop deck of 2 mist lynxes and 2 excecutioners)

Thank you Xeraphale & Bubblewhip for the advice. I shall surely remember this when i enroll in the ghost bear dominion

After reading about all the clans, Clan ghost bear philosophy, touman and way of life felt like the best suited for me. And i am sure this is the right choise

Edited by theta123, 27 May 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#7 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

View Posttheta123, on 27 May 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

In preperation for joining the ghost bears, i have began grinding cbills for my first mist lynx. I wanna be ready in june to join my destiny. (Riyott is correct, this way, i can equip a drop deck of 2 mist lynxes and 2 excecutioners)

Thank you Xeraphale & Bubblewhip for the advice. I shall surely remember this when i enroll in the ghost bear dominion

After reading about all the clans, Clan ghost bear philosophy, touman and way of life felt like the best suited for me. And i am sure this is the right choise

Look forward to seeing you soon, I am a training officer for CGBI.

#8 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

I have joined the Ghost bear faction. I have aquired my first Mist lynx. 2 more to go. Then elite the little bad boys and in 2 weeks i can properly play CW

For the moment i am gonna enter CW with my 4 Mad dogs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users