- - - - -

Comstar Credits-Mc Credits Deception?

Help Me

24 replies to this topic

#1 Archae

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

Hi, so im new, names Arkae. -_- I have played mechwarrior since a kid so long time fan of the universe. I also understand business models and the fact that game designers have to make a living too, however, theres a bundle option in the store on the top left, get x 6,500,000 c-bills for 4000 mc, looks more like its a straight trade off for MC, rather than trading 6.5 mill c-bills for 4k mc. Which I soooo thought it meant. :( anyway, after reading forums i realise it is indeed probably a trade for comstar creds... I just wonder whats the sense... IMO all currencies should be interchangeable. Even @ highly inneficient rates like that; I would have understood it.

:blink: I guess my real question isn't can we do a legit transaction service because i know thats out of my reach to ask for; my real question is: Can you at least make the Mc-C bundles look less decieving?
Or perhaps point my nub self in the right direction? :wacko:

#2 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

So lets start with the two curencies in the game
MC mechwarrior credits these are aquired primry by purchase with real money (there are some awards in game )
Cbills earned in game for missions
The pack you saw purchases Cbills with MC
With MC you can buy
Standard mechs, Hero mech, mech bays paterns and colors also premium time
With C bills you can buy
Standard mechs, weapon systems, mech upgrades standard colors

The MC to C bill pack lets a player who has money but little time to bypass the grind to get the cbills needed for upgrades.

Here is how I manage my MC
I purchase when there is a sale the largest amount I can to get me to the next sale
I try to make MC purchases when things are on sale

There are also mech packs invastion I II and III with Resistance I and II which can be purhased there are also mechs in the gift store which can not be purchased for MC or Cbills yet

I hope that helped some

Hope you have fun

#3 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

do not buy c-bills for real life money,grind it.

#4 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

There are also far better ways to convert MC into Cbills, especially when there are Champion mech sales. Buying the Champion Jenner or the Champion Cicada with MC then selling them in game for C-Bills provide much more C-Bills per MC spent then the in store direct C-Bill purchase.

But there is no way to convert C-Bills into MC.

#5 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

You can occasionally earn MC for free via challenges that happen every so often. Otherwise, C-Bills are the regular currency that you earn in-game and MC is the premium currency that you buy to purchase items without the grind or to buy exclusive items (that are NOT pay-to-win, just pay-to-have-something-different or to decrease grind).

With MC you can buy(NOTE: By Exclusive, I mean that you can only buy these things via MC, with some being earnable during challenges):
Mechs
Mech Bays (Exclusive and very cost-effective, also sometimes given out)
Heroes (Exclusive, unique hardpoints and a unique skin as well as a 30% C-Bills bonus)
Premium Time (+50% C-Bills and XP gain, Exclusive)
Colors
Patterns (Exclusive)
Champions (Exclusive, Mechs that earn +30% exp per match and come pre-equipped with a good loadout)
Cockpit Items (Exclusive)

With C-Bills you can buy:
Weapons
Modules
Consumables
A few Colors
Other Mech Equipment

Hope that clears things up. C-Bills packs allow you to buy the earned money with paid money. Mastery packs include the number of mechs and mech bays needed to elite out a chassis, plus some extra goodies, for a lower price than buying them all seperately. GL.

Edited by Pezzer, 28 May 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

View PostPezzer, on 28 May 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Heroes (Exclusive, unique hardpoints and a unique skin as well as a 50% C-Bills bonus)

Heroes give a 30% cbill bonus not 50% and Champions give 30% more XP but otherwise that was a good post

#7 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

Generally the only sensible uses for MC are the mastery packs, premium time and the occasional heavy-handed discount. I bought my hero mechs when they were 50% off, at which point they became good enough alternatives to mastery packs.

IF there is no discount campaign going on, save your MC for a mastery pack.

#8 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 28 May 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

Heroes give a 30% cbill bonus not 50% and Champions give 30% more XP but otherwise that was a good post

Fixed, thank you for pointing that out. It was late last night in the U.S. when I posted this haha

#9 Archae

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

If: like many of you are all saying; getting C credits is all too easy. Why would anyone.... ANYONE in their right mind make the mistake of changing their $$$ into minutes played @ a whim (meaning C-bills)... comeon is what i was saying there. & if you can change one into the other... why can't u reverse it? reasons? oh yea i can almost see your dream bubble of "$$$" myself... almost but im drawing a line in the sand here, im not buying gold from u chinks! I guess ill just be the broke nubbins forevarz

#10 xDust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostArchae, on 28 May 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

If: like many of you are all saying; getting C credits is all too easy. Why would anyone.... ANYONE in their right mind make the mistake of changing their $$$ into minutes played @ a whim (meaning C-bills)... comeon is what i was saying there. & if you can change one into the other... why can't u reverse it? reasons? oh yea i can almost see your dream bubble of "$$$" myself... almost but im drawing a line in the sand here, im not buying gold from u chinks! I guess ill just be the broke nubbins forevarz

Well, you know, PGI has to make money. It's... their job. Why would they make a source of income suddenly completely free, albeit at a horrid, horrid c-bill grind?

And no, grinding C-bills is horrible. Like, pretty bad. Which is why a lot of stuff is offered for MC. Which makes them some money, alongside the pre-order packages and etc.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

It might have been an IGP suggestion. Wouldn't surprise me.

But seriously, don't buy Cbills with MC. Buy premium time or a Hero mech or something with more value.

#12 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

If your earnings per hour (in real money) are high enough, the time spent grinding c-bills in-game can be prohibitively expensive. For those people, bypassing the grind via MC only makes sense financially. Then there are the people who have money, even if their earnings per hour aren't necessarily high, but who don't want to bother with the grind because there are other things they want to do, in which case buying c-bills for MC also makes sense.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:21 AM

"The grind" is just playing the game. But if you're eager for something new to play as and your income just isn't rolling fast enough, then maybe getting a mech with makes sense.

But lets be honest. If you're going to buy anything with , snag a hero mech and use it to gain funds faster. Maybe a mastery pack if you wanna go that route (as the mechs and items are 50% off in a Mastery Pack). Just be aware they bundled it to make sure you spend a certain amount, so if you only wanted the hero mech you're still better off that route.

I recommend choosing a hero mech based on a chassis you're familiar with and feel you may like. Remember that hero mechs are unique in their hardpoints compared to other variants (4P, 4G, etc) of its chassis (HBK, SHK). They tend to mix the layout of two other variants. For example the Awesome's Pretty Baby combines traits of the balanced but generic 8V with the Marik's 9M. The Muromets (Cataphract Heromech) combines the 1X with the 4X. Some, like the Firebrand (Jager heromech) actually imitates a similar mech that can't be put into the game (The Rifleman). The Oxide emulates the as-yet-not-in-MWO Jenner II-C, which is the Clan's evolution of the Jenner.

Among my favorites (before quirks mind you, not as certain after) are: Protector (Orion hero), Misery (Stalker hero), Boar's Head (basically a 100 ton Misery with better twist), IV (Quickdraw), Golden Boy (Kintaro) and Pretty Baby (Awesome; not recommended as a first hero).

#14 Archae

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:51 AM

MC= $$$ & yes, i know you knew that, but im tired of talking about it like MC is anything @ all.
Kinda like the Amero.
250= $1.5
500= $3
750= $5
1,000= $6
1,250= $6.95
Those were just ur ****-P!t options, now im sure you probably would want a mech to go with those options. . .
3,000= $14.95
this might get you a light mech of good quality if your wise with your poker chips, if not, keep spending big daddy.

6,500= $29.95
Medium mechs

12,000= $49.95
Most heavy's

25,000= $99.95 & @ the low low price of a benjy
Awesomesauce, You = God among men now...

Anyone ever play WoW? Anyone remember the gold marketers in every city? Chinks, as i call them, not for racial ethnicity; but for the fact that all they were: were coin stackers. Most of the stackers never even got to \see/ the reall money like Tom Cruise shouts about in his best film.

Cockpit options can only be bought with my hard earned $$$? get real. C-bills should get me a Horn of mead(500mc or $3) to go inside my shity c-bill bought mech.
those look so ordinary and easy to make TF2 could and does market the same stuff. & it's totally not worth half what they (meaning any corporate) will charge.
Nope, won't be buying any mech packs then unfortunately, they made a marketing scheme on this one & i totally cannot agree with it. However anyone that does spend their hard earned dollars then will forevar live in denial of the big mech **** being jammed up their ******** everytime they sit down at their very screen.

Twas the exact same way in WoW; not in gold purchases, but in simply paying monthly to play after you had already bought the content... & the expansions... every one; if you were in complete, perfect, denial.
How many years did you play? 7? wooooooo you coulda bought a small car with that game son.
But thats ok, thats ok, all in good fun, right kids?
No were not paying monthly here, but were paying 3 dollars(or more) for items that effect nothing in our gameplay other than a sense of completion, or vanity.
Sound right?
Does to me.
It's still wrong though.
Paying for a premium user BADGE; not pass, would be great IMO, then it's like purchasing the game and we can get along like were not communists or something. Also, With the badge you earn a small percentage of Mc credits for every victory, because their as meaningless as C-bills. TBH.
Buying single Mechs for 14.95 reminds me of buying pewter and now resin. . . figurines @ 30$ a piece . . .
& all your buying is restricted within a client within a box on ur desk. . . go figure.

#15 Archae

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostxDust, on 28 May 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Well, you know, PGI has to make money. It's... their job. Why would they make a source of income suddenly completely free, albeit at a horrid, horrid c-bill grind?

And no, grinding C-bills is horrible. Like, pretty bad. Which is why a lot of stuff is offered for MC. Which makes them some money, alongside the pre-order packages and etc.

id almost agree with you, but it seems they come with achievements in game which happen like gang busters at first, youl be getting creds after every game win or lose. Then as you play for a week or so c-bills/creds BS slows down, dramaticly. I come out of victories now and get nothing. Think that doesnt effect my overall mood toward playing the game?
If the reward system/currency is totally ****** to begin with?

#16 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

I am not even sure what you are going on about anymore.

The OP, I got. Even though I personally see no "deception" regarding the "MC to C-bill" bundles.
Now I am lost. All I see is ranting and raging. Which is totally not "new player help" material. (Though the "Help Me" tag at the top seems fitting)

#17 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostArchae, on 29 May 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

id almost agree with you, but it seems they come with achievements in game which happen like gang busters at first, youl be getting creds after every game win or lose. Then as you play for a week or so c-bills/creds BS slows down, dramaticly. I come out of victories now and get nothing. Think that doesnt effect my overall mood toward playing the game?
If the reward system/currency is totally ****** to begin with?

Your first 25 matches have C-Bill booster achievements with them so that after your first 25 matches you should have enough to buy and configure your first mech for C-Bills.

But after that your earnings are "normal" in that its a grind to generate C-Bills to entice you to spend MC on buying mechs. An average player's earnings should be on average about 100,000 C-Bills per match (losses usually less, wins usually more), or about 1 Million C-Bills per hour.

#18 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 27 May 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

do not buy c-bills for real life money,grind it.

Just because you don't like it, or can't afford it, doesn't mean others don't/can't.

#19 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

MC is a real world money represented at your account so you can't convert imaginative CB money to real currency.

#20 Archae

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

its a scam, not ranting, not raging, u just lack capacity in the noggin to track. Thats ok, ur too busy in the heat of the consumption, probly drinking diet soda. You may adore your vanity related cockpit options, me on the other hand, I loathe the sight of them. They explicitly show how dumb down us Americans really are. We will willingly puchase things that mean absolutely nothing. & denounce blasphemeers like myself who can see the light, and want to save souls. Go on you guys, live highschool psychosocial stresses forever. Worry bout being on top in a universe that doesnt exsist. Be all you can be. Delete this post because none of the community was able to help me on the deception issue. It will still be there tantalizing new gamers as if they can actually earn MC through their C-bills. & it is deceptive. Just about as much as say; most browser based games! sorry im not impressed enough by the gameplay to go and drop $$$ on beautifying my mech. Not happening. & since it was even an option I wouldnt ever; even consider buying any one of their packs. Like i originally said, if i keep playing, ill just be the nub forever, bringing down all your gameplays. won't be alone either. Nubs forevers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users