147 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

Starts
:
FRIDAY MAY 29th 10:00:00 AM (PDT) (17:00 UTC)
Ends: TUESDAY JUNE 02nd 10:00:00 AM (PDT) (17:00 UTC)

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:

Viva la Resistance! The Founder, Phoenix, Clan, and Gold pilots have earned their glory; now it's time for the Inner Sphere Resistance pilots to show their metal.

Between Friday and Tuesday we're running another Personal Challenge for all players, along with a Resistance 'Mech Leaderboard Event just for Resistance 1 [R] Variant owners. If they can rack up enough kills in their Resistance [R] Variant 'Mechs during this Event, we will run a poll for them to determine which of the Resistance 1 'Mechs will be the first to receive a Champion Variant!

Personal Challenge:

Anyone can participate in this Personal Challenge, and there are no 'Mech restrictions!

Simply earn a minimum Match Score of 30 in Assault, Skirmish, or Conquest to earn 1 Personal Challenge Point.

Rack up enough points and unlock these prizes:

• 5 points = x5 C-Bill Consumable Packs
  • 10 points = 1000 GXP (In addition to this standard Prize, Resistance owners who reach this tier will also receive an 8-bit Sunglasses Hanging Item)
  • 15 points = 2,000,000 C-Bills (In addition to this standard Prize, Resistance owners who reach this tier will also receive an MWO Standing Mug)
  • 20 points = Kickers Warhorn! (In addition to this standard Prize, Resistance owners who reach this tier will also receive a Cameron Star Warhorn)
All Personal Challenge prizes are awarded as the points are achieved!

Resistance owners do not need to pilot Resistance 'Mechs in order to qualify for their unique Personal Challenge bonuses.

Check your Personal Challenge Progress here: https://mwomercs.com/profile/stats?type=challenges

Kill Counter:

Get a Kill while piloting a Resistance 1 [R] Variant 'Mech to contribute to the Kill Counter.

If the Kill Counter reaches the 65,000 kill goal by the end of the event, we will open a poll on June 2nd for all Resistance 1 owners to determine which Resistance 1 'Mech will be the first to receive a Champion Variant!

The special fourth Variant Resistance 1 'Mechs releasing on June 2nd as part of the Irresistible Resistance deal will also be included for consideration in this poll.

Once the poll results are in, we will then open up a Build Suggestion thread to compile any player-suggested builds for the chosen Champion Variant!

• You must play in a Resistance 1 [R] Variant 'Mech to contribute towards the Kill Counter
  • The poll to determine the chosen Variant will be open for 1 week
  • The chosen Variant will then have a Champion Build Suggestion thread created to compile player suggestions
  • You don't need to be a Resistance owner to contribute a Build Suggestion
  • The Champion 'Mech will be available in July

Resistance Leaderboards:

• You must play in a Resistance 1 [R] Variant 'Mech to participate in the Resistance Leaderboard Challenge
  • Only your 10 best matches over the course of the Event will be counted toward the associated Leaderboard for that Variant
  • You can qualify for more than one Leaderboard if you have the associated [R] Variants
  • Solo and Group matches will be counted for these game modes: Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest
  • Private matches and Community Warfare matches DO NOT count!
  • Score Formula:
    • (Solo Kill x 30) + (Kill Most Damage x 20) + (Killing Blow x 10) + ( Kill Assist x 10) + (Win × 10) + (Loss × 5) + (Survive × 10) + (Dead × 5) + ((Damage done - Team Damage) ÷ 15)
  • 1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (Fewer is better)
  • 2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better)
  • All Leaderboard prizes are awarded at the end of the event!

Check out the Personal Challenge page here!
Check out the Resistance Leaderboards and Rewards on the Tournament page here!

#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

Medal for the event, but where is traditional Hula Girl as prize? :)

#3 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Just putting out there the clans get a cw event yet the IS dont...
After seeing Russ on twitter about not wanting people jumping around. I get why no CW for this challenge now.

Edited by stevemac, 29 May 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:53 PM

View Poststevemac, on 28 May 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Don't worry I bet we will get one when Resistance 2 drops. Frankly, having only 1 mech in each class to choose from to get points is kind of a drag...

#5 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Ah I'm loving these easier events. I'll put in 20 battles this weekend for the kickers. The CW events don't really appeal to me, at all. The wait times are too long.

#6 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:03 PM

I'll be participating in this one, since it's nothing like the clan event, and more in spirit of the Founders and Phoenix events. I think I'll pass on the tournament, though. Playing nothing but a Locust over one weekend was droning enough . . . doing the same thing for a Panther doesn't sound appealing. Seriously . . . these tournaments are almost exclusively won by volume of matches, looking for those perfect storms where everything falls into place and you walk away with several solo kills.

Hopefully we don't see another CW event until it actually receives some more iterations and improvements from how CW was during the Tukayyid event.

Regardless, I'm liking the fact that these events are being used to get feedback from the community. Keep up the good work and hopefully we see some good patches and CW improvements over June-July.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:04 PM

I'm not planning on the tourney (I don't like the Resistance variants that much), so I'll pass.

I'll try to contribute to the kill thing, but 65k kills with players with Resistance variants? That might be a bit more difficult than the Phoenix Pack counter...

Edited by Deathlike, 28 May 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#8 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 May 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

I'm not planning on the tourney (I don't like the Resistance variants that much), so I'll pass.

I'll try to contribute to the kill thing, but 65k kills with players with Resistance variants? That might be a bit more difficult than the Phoenix Pack counter...

Yeah, Phoenix was a near thing too :(

Ah well, I was already planning to finish mastering out my last Resistance 'Mechs (Grasshoppers and Zeus all past elite and almost done) before the fourth variants dropped, so this event helps serve my purposes.

#9 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

More C-Bills and a warhorn? Don't mind if i do.

#10 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yes!!!

#11 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Please, PGI - stop giving us consumables as prizes! Premium time is a much better choice for that prize slot.

#12 D Heth

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

For owners of Resistance II pack only. Assuming the extra rewards are for Resistance I pack owners only.

at least that is the way it sounds.

Edited by DHethcat, 28 May 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#13 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:47 PM

We all know that was to 'fix' the map to look more 'invasiony'...

I am pleased with this event, the GF is out of town for the weekend so I can really push it for a third consecutive leader-board position. Tossing up between the Enforcer and The Walking Target.. ..I mean Zeus.

I already have one in lights and medium though.. ..just that I really dislike the Grasshopper :P

Hmmm, decisions decisions..

Edited by White Bear 84, 28 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#14 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 May 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

• Solo and Group matches will be counted for these game modes: Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest

Are the Group matches going to count unlike the Phoenix Leader board, where they were counted initially and latter discarded?

Or is this going to be a Solo Only event?

#15 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostNeput Z34, on 28 May 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Are the Group matches going to count unlike the Phoenix Leader board, where they were counted initially and latter discarded?

Or is this going to be a Solo Only event?

Solo and Group.

#16 Sassafras

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:55 PM

Hmmmm, no LP booster medallions for the Resistance?

#17 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:55 PM

I wonder why group didn't count for the phoenix tournament but this one is ok with it. Oh well.

#18 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

When it says "Resistance Owners" does that mean only Resistance 1 owners, or does owning any Resistance pack qualify you for the additional rewards?

Edited by RagingOyster, 28 May 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#19 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

I am happy that it is not CW; much better for casual players. In fact, I hope we see more non-CW maps and the 4 v 4 CW mode that was teased a while ago soon.

Edited by Ed Steele, 28 May 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#20 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

One way or another, it is ***** you Project Phoenix players.

LOL, next week is Wave II or Urbie Challenge?

Edited by Wildstreak, 28 May 2015 - 05:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users