#21 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 01 June 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

The last thing clans needed was AC Buffs, I am sorry this just makes the PPFLD / Convergence Problem worse.

And yoru absolutely right about the Dakka Whale

except with Laser nerf we needed other weapon options uless you want only SSRM Crows, Guass ER PPC Timbers? not to mention if one shell misses you avoid most of the damage when IS do not have this issue.

#22 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

So let me get this straight...

PGI finely decides to improve upon the UI, also itroducing a FOV slider with a cockpit glass toggle, which is great and all but then they thought it would be a good idea to buff Clan ACs and UACs as well?

YAY!!
Posted Image

Edited by Coralld, 01 June 2015 - 07:18 PM.

#23 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

Amazing, excellent, awesome, stupendous. Bring it on.

#24 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:31 PM

Clan AC buffs.... finally.
um... why UAC2/AC2 got slapped in the face again?... you have a problem with ac2s PGI?
If i were u... i would just make the clan ac2s to fire 1 shell only.
Also, while you're at it please buff MG damage to 0.1 again

FOV settings.
meh... good for ones who like to play with a distorted fish-eye effect.

Edited by Navid A1, 01 June 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#25 Ruuki

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostSereglach, on 01 June 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Looks to be an amazing patch and I look forward to playing with the new mech lab tomorrow. Also, great work keeping the patch notes coming the day before the patch.

Now, for the people already complaining about the mech select screen, you did read the fact that they're evaluating the feedback given (there were a LOT of different ideas on how to handle things) and seeing what they'll do to fix it up, right? I didn't expect everything to happen in one iteration. I expect much more to come (as already mentioned in the command chair post). Seriously, read everything before complaining.

As for the Clan AC buffs, it was honestly needed. It will put the projectiles into a much tighter cluster . . . allowing damage to be mitigated, but not overtly avoided. Now at least a fair chunk of a burst will get where it was aimed. Hopefully this will add some variety to the clan meta.

The Yen-Lo-Wang can still do something no Enforcer can do . . . zombie; and that is a major benefit that is not to be taken lightly.

Yes, the Yen-Lo can zombie, but then it also comes down to the Enforcers hitboxes. The thing tanks way more than what it seems capable of. I own them, and been against them and can attest to this. Yen-Lo may be able to zombie, but with it's torsos so easily blown off, it's AC/20 sometimes rarely does anything significant, unless someone is top of their game at torso rotation.

#26 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

The last thing clans needed was AC Buffs, I am sorry this just makes the PPFLD / Convergence Problem worse.

what the heck? Clan AC's aren't pinpoint or front loaded. That's the whole point.

And clan AC's were _terrible_ even given their lower weight. Appallingly bad.

#27 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

Clan ACs are neither PP nor FLD. They're basically lasers with fewer ticks(2/3/4/5 instead of 10).

#28 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

I know exactly what the C AC's are and do and how they fire. The damn Dakka Wolf is extremely potent and now will be even worse, the reductions to the lasers of the TBR and SCR were needed but not the end of the world. My gawd you can still put up 70 point Alphas without batting an eye and KEEP it up for 2 to 4 alphas pending on your build.

All this change does is give the Clans More Firepower which they absolutely did not need.

The balancing factor between IS and Clan is weight. You save a ton of it which gievs you access to more damage. The IS does not have that.

Not to mention is is an indirect nerf to lights. Its tough enough being a light at this stage of the game.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 01 June 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#29 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostRuuki, on 01 June 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

Yes, the Yen-Lo can zombie, but then it also comes down to the Enforcers hitboxes. The thing tanks way more than what it seems capable of. I own them, and been against them and can attest to this. Yen-Lo may be able to zombie, but with it's torsos so easily blown off, it's AC/20 sometimes rarely does anything significant, unless someone is top of their game at torso rotation.

Not denying that. I own them, too. However, I'm just pointing out the thing that makes the Yen-Lo-Wang unique, and keeps it separated from the others, as asked.

#30 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

You might know what they are and how they work, but if you think Clan ACs are really contributing to the PPFLD problem in MWO, then you don't know what they do within the game as a whole. The fact you HAD to use a DakkaWolf in order to get any use out cUACs should tell you there was an inherent problem with them. The DakkaWolf being OP is separate issue to the performance of cUACs - it is a statement of the 'Mech, not the weapon. Any weapon becomes OP if you boat it enough(except flamers, I guess). The way to deal with an OP 'Mech (not that I agree any Dire is OP) is to nerf that particular 'Mech, not the weapons it uses.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 01 June 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#31 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

um... with the clan AC changes... you sure the server can handle the shorter burst time?
I mean... wont this cause more lost shots and hitreg issues?

Wasn't 1 less shells a better option combined with a velocity increase?

One clan AC20 shell does less damage then an IS AC5... yet it travels as slow as an IS AC20 shell. :huh: why?

#32 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 01 June 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

One clan AC20 shell does less damage then an IS AC5... yet it travels as slow as an IS AC20 shell. :huh: why?

This does sound odd, but I think I'd prefer they do it this way instead of potentially overbuffing. Let's see how this first change plays out and then make adjustments based on the data that gets collected.

#33 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

The enormous travesty of decision making that spawned this new mech select screen cannot be over stated. It is a nightmare to use. I will usually defend mwo, but this just bad design. Why is it still soooo small?

#34 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

First Person Field of View Slider has been added to the Game Settings menu.

Edited by CyborgDragon, 01 June 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#35 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hot damn! Good bye Invalid bug!!

#36 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 01 June 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

I know exactly what the C AC's are and do and how they fire. The damn Dakka Wolf is extremely potent and now will be even worse, the reductions to the lasers of the TBR and SCR were needed but not the end of the world. My gawd you can still put up 70 point Alphas without batting an eye and KEEP it up for 2 to 4 alphas pending on your build.

All this change does is give the Clans More Firepower which they absolutely did not need.

The balancing factor between IS and Clan is weight. You save a ton of it which gievs you access to more damage. The IS does not have that.

Not to mention is is an indirect nerf to lights. Its tough enough being a light at this stage of the game.

You really overestimate the effectiveness of a Dakawolf. If I see a Dakawolf, you can bet I'm not going to be super concerned unless it has me cornered. A Guasswolf, then yeah, sure, that's cause for concern. Because here's the thing. The Direwolf is a walking battleship. It's supposed to annihilate anything in front of it. UltraAC5s were not its most effective build. It requires some serious skill in positioning to make sure you aren't quickly surrounded and overwhelmed, otherwise you're the silly one for running in front of it.

And not sure why you're focusing on the Direwolf. Other 'mechs don't really run Clan ACs that much and now it'll make them more viable on 'mechs such as the Timberwolf.

#37 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

I love the "I didn't get this one thing, so I'm throwing a tantrum and leaving" posts starting on the first page. Good riddance - the new UI is a solid improvement, and throwing a hissy fit about one feature is silly.

#38 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 June 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

I love the "I didn't get this one thing, so I'm throwing a tantrum and leaving" posts starting on the first page. Good riddance - the new UI is a solid improvement, and throwing a hissy fit about one feature is silly.
qft.

Me, I'm just EXTREMELY excited for the new mechlab. More than I have been for any other single feature. Sure, there will always be more things if like added, but I'm happy to finally get a smurfy style interactive view.

#39 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

Well, I for one am excited for the new mechlab. I haven't necessarily been frustrated by the old one. I've only really been interested in the gameplay and just fiddled with the lab until it did what I wanted (Though I do understand and sympathize with the frustration of others. Hopefully PGI's evaluations turn out to be what people want).

I do have one legit question though, and maybe it's been answered somewhere else.
When are we going to see geometry updates to the stalker, dragon and cicada? Those are, like,
the only 'mechs I play... =/

#40 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostDestructicus, on 01 June 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

FOV SLIDER
  • Posted Image

It's not really needed unless they did it for people who are too lazy to edit a simple text file with notepad (user.cfg). Same thing for the cockpit glass toggle. Please PGI, these setup screens have limited space. Please use it for things that are needed, not fluff for people who (again I say) are too lazy to edit a simple text file..

Edited by Chaosity, 01 June 2015 - 09:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users