When Are We Going To Get A Chat Squelch Option For Players?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

90% of this community is great. But I keep coming across the same handful of toxic players who spout the same toxic crap over and over. It doesn't matter what team they are on, they feel the urge to trash talk their team or the enemy team.

When are we going to get the ability to mute these debbie downers who take every opportunity to tell you how awful you are.

You have team/lance/all chat disablers, but I don't want to mute an entire team just because one guy there is a jerkoff?

#2 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

You mean a specific ignore feature? Would be nice...I dont need it tho. I'm usually the biggest douchenozzle in there.

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

I would support this if it meant I could ignore people like Telmasa or TwentyOne who usually spam chat.

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 02 June 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I would support this if it meant I could ignore people like Telmasa or TwentyOne who usually spam chat.

Seconded. It was great when I learned I could squelch people's Voip (on those days my hearing wasn't completely jacked).

#5 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

You can mute individual VOIP sources, but it only lasts for a match, and there's no text chat mute option at all.

We need a permanent ignore list that includes VOIP and text chat, preferably in addition to the per-match mute.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

Couldn't we instead get PGI to create a list of players who are known for being abusive little trolls and have the game dock their pay every time they open the chat prompt or use their mic? That'd be so much more satisfying- making them choose between cbills/XP and spouting abuse at their teammates. I mean, I can just picture 'em turning red and screaming helplessly at their monitors every time they have to decide...

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

#7 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 02 June 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Couldn't we instead get PGI to create a list of players who are known for being abusive little trolls and have the game dock their pay every time they open the chat prompt or use their mic? That'd be so much more satisfying- making them choose between cbills/XP and spouting abuse at their teammates. I mean, I can just picture 'em turning red and screaming helplessly at their monitors every time they have to decide...

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Only if they can also make a system that rather than reward a player docks like 50k cbills if they die first minute of game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users