• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:05 AM

RP Hat off --

Beside using the Faction chat in game, I only know of 3-4 Teamspeak Servers to look for Liao players. I know some of us have purchased our own TS servers for your units, which is fine, I just don't think I have all the TS server information to be able to herd us into a CW match.

Is their a way we can remedy this?

I have an idea: every Liao player who want to participate in fighting CW, add my in game. We can't get this ball rolling if we don't work together. I'm not here to recruit you to any unit, that's for the recruitment thread. But even if you are a merc contract, add me in game and anytime you are server House Liao, I will help you fight CW.

House Davion has a big "Wednesday Night CW" push every Wednesday. I don't want to have to schedule fights for CW. But is this what it is coming to? Scheduling matches so that House Liao can have a War? We have the lowest population. My goal is to have at least one 12 man dropping through out the attack/defend windows. Not just for the NA time zone, but all three time zones.

Can we do this? As a Faction, can we come together for a 12 man? or six 12 mans?

I know communication is key to victory, but if we can't even form a team, then communication is secondary.

edit: spelling.

Edited by Stoneblade, 04 June 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

A good recruiting tool is to play on the clan front and invite all the non-liao guys onto your ts. When they get a taste of organized play they like it. If you guys are the ones who introduced them to it, chances are you get a new recruit. We been doing that a lot.

#3 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

This was supposed to be the purpose of the CCAF Coordination thread to gather all that TS and unit leader info. But now that TCAF has gone elsewhere....

#4 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Until PGI decides to move Faction Chat into the Social Tab...
Faction Chat is a failure... :mellow:

#5 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:41 AM

You would think that if the tab is called a "Social" tab it would have faction chat in it. That is an intuitive idea. Maybe make a feature suggestion for it? Twitter bomb @paul_inoye and @Russ_bullock with the idea?

#6 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:58 AM

The Social Tab Faction Chat seems a little too intuitive for PGI to implement on the first try.

Yet, it has greatly increased our ability to mount attacks / defense, so I'm happy about it.

#7 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:41 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 05 June 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

CHI2.ACERA.CO.10022

How does that help? Its a ghost town there unless it is a Tuesday or Thursday.

#8 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 05 June 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

You would think that if the tab is called a "Social" tab it would have faction chat in it. That is an intuitive idea. Maybe make a feature suggestion for it? Twitter bomb @paul_inoye and @Russ_bullock with the idea?

Maybe Steam will be able to make this stuff obsolete moving forward.

Sometimes MM can take up to >5 mins to find matches.
Not being able to do anything during that time in-game with everything greyed out.. Meh... They need more engineers to handle this stuff.

#9 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

Tonight saw an excellent defense of Wazan. With more coordination between groups, we could make an active push against House Davion occupied worlds.

I recommend the following: if you are a player looking for CW, join the CW looking for group queue.

If you are a group looking to launch an assault or defense, join the CW looking for group queueas an "invite only" group, and invite prospective individuals to join you as needed. This could make LFG a useful tool, even for the most selective of mercenary companies.

If nothing else, this should be much faster than having to friend request or message every player individually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users