Weapons auto-firing

5 replies to this topic

#1 RoninStalker

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

My weapons start auto-firing on their own and it results in constant overheating/shutdown! Is there something I'm doing wrong or is anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

#2 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

The two thoughts that come to mind are a stuck key / button or possibly not noticing that the default behavior is to put all the weapons in a single weapon group that fires on left mouse-click when that weapon group is highlighted or the 1 key is pressed.

The weapon mapping takes a bit to get used to. I typically re-map my mouse buttons anyways as I don't like to accidentally fire the wrong weapon group due to bumping my arrow keys over. As strange as it may sound you can only map weapons to a weapon group during a match, while you remap the hotkeys for them in the launcher under options.

If you are not familiar with the key mappings there is a graphic here (below the video): http://mwomercs.com/...raining-grounds . There is also a printable pdf/jpeg.

Edited by 3ffigy, 31 October 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Lord Soth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Nope I have had this very problem but not to the point of overheat. On some maps all of my weapons will auto fire every 10 seconds or so. Has nothing to do with stuck key or groupings. It does not happen all of the time, maybe only 3-4 times but it has happened and unfortunately I was looking at a team mate when i unloaded all 7 of my medium lasers. He was not happy as you can understand.

#4 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Good to know. I guess I've been fortunate enough to not encounter said bug, or at least not enough to have not chalked it up to crumbs in my keyboard ;-)

#5 RoninStalker

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thank you everyone for your help!

#6 Cobra6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Have you got a joystick hooked up to your system? If so unplug it.
My mech starts making random movements when mine is plugged in so yours could as well be part of that same problem.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users