Voice Of The...chancellor...?

67 replies to this topic

#1 Verenix

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

This post is not meant to rustle anyone up...Just trying to point out something to the pro-lore Liao community....

So people insist on posting things like "The Voice of the Chancellor"....but you have to ask yourself...is it?

We can't post ANYTHING that says the above...unless we've actually spoken with the Chancellor (i.e Metro).

Whether we like it or not, Metro is the legitimate Chancellor of Liao. If you don't speak to Metro about whatever you want to post AND get his approval...then you should not say anything to the effect of "In the Voice of the Chancellor".

Some might say "But Metro is a ghost, he isn't on" or "Metro quit MWO!"...Well that's too bad. If the pro-lore community truly is pro-lore...then they'll respect the Chancellor's authority whether he's here or not....and not post in his name.

Again this post is not to piss on anyone's day....just something that should be clarified :)

~Verenix~

#2 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

The Chancellor's Voice is the common name for the propaganda arm of the Maskirovka's Special Services Branch. Nothing is published in the Confederation that hasn't been reviewed by one of their officials. Therefore lore inspired posts that I make will frequently reference the voice of the Chancellor in some way.

I suspect these officials receive much scrutiny from their superiors, and are reassigned to cover frontline combat should they accidentally authorize any publication that displeases the Chancellor.

#3 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:25 AM

Who the **** is Metro?

He's not my chancellor. Now go read some books, and compliment my sweater.

#4 Verenix

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

You guys joke around and troll for fun...but there's a time and place for it....

Yeah, he's the Chancellor....Whether we like it or not.

I'm not defending him or anything....just saying...

#5 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:09 AM

My word and my loyalty is to the 4th Tau Ceti Rangers. Orkdung says march for the Chancellor. We march.

As to who that chancellor may be. It makes no difference to me.

#6 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

Please dont say metros name or he might show up.

Also, lol metro being in charge of anything ever

ha ha ha

e: also hi there we are back to liao for now.

Edited by Texas Merc, 07 June 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#7 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

Metro pm'd me; I'm now the chancellor. Anything said needs to be cleared by my publicist, 14 assistants and especially my head stylist. Also, gonna need all of you to start wearing sword and sunburst emblems; don't question why, the voice of the chancellor has spoken.

#8 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Special Services Branch Review Desk, VCN News

"You idiot! What have you done?"

"Sir, I'm telling you, that's what it said! Sword and Sunburst emblems! All news to be cleared through the department's hair stylist!"

"You fool! We'll be lucky to be crushed under the foot of a BattleMech on Phact! We're ruined! Twenty-five years of dedicated service to the Confederation, and some junior intern flushes my career because he thinks he ought to show some initiative. Initiative! And you call yourself a Capellan!"

#9 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

This post is not meant to rustle anyone up...Just trying to point out something to the pro-lore Liao community....

So people insist on posting things like "The Voice of the Chancellor"....but you have to ask yourself...is it?

We can't post ANYTHING that says the above...unless we've actually spoken with the Chancellor (i.e Metro).

Whether we like it or not, Metro is the legitimate Chancellor of Liao. If you don't speak to Metro about whatever you want to post AND get his approval...then you should not say anything to the effect of "In the Voice of the Chancellor".

Some might say "But Metro is a ghost, he isn't on" or "Metro quit MWO!"...Well that's too bad. If the pro-lore community truly is pro-lore...then they'll respect the Chancellor's authority whether he's here or not....and not post in his name.

Again this post is not to piss on anyone's day....just something that should be clarified :)

~Verenix~

He is not the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation. He is a defunct GUILD LEADER of guild called CAPCON. A guild that barely has any players in it. People like to play MWO, if he ever picked playing, I might believe his word has weight. But he stopped playing. He stopped being part of the Community. So by not being part of the community: he doesn't have any say in what he "Might" have been. The voice of the Chancellor is the voice of Ramano Liao. As GI Journalist put it: [color=#959595]Maskirovka's Special Services Branch.[/color]
Really if you don't like that, then Get "metro" to play MWO.......oh wait: he's on an Island.... or some other ********.

You see I'm Loyal to the Capellan Confederation, The CCAF, to the Liao Cheng-Chang. I see you are Loyal to WHK: but you don't show your Loyalty through a PERMANENT FACTION CONTRACT: so why should we not attack your words?

edit: spelling

Edited by Stoneblade, 07 June 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#10 Havyek

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

You guys joke around and troll for fun...but there's a time and place for it....

He may be in charge of the coalition of Liao affiliated units in MWO, doesn't make him the Chancellor. Go to Sarna and see who the Chancellor is circa 3052 and you'll see who the Chancellor is.

#11 syionide

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVirgo Supercluster

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

Last time i checked Romano Liao was the chancellor, to suggest otherwise is treason, punishable by death.

https://youtu.be/0MgjP_0iFm0?t=252

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Okay, so people are generally aware of my name... I've been around a long, long time.

....Who is Metro?

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

Mkay so I went and looked him up. He owns a website called Capellan Confederation and as mentioned here runs a guild that I haven't ever heard of.

Posted Image
Great going little buddy that...yeah.
So... still no idea who he is.

Anyway. I believe it is fair use for the "Voice of the Chancellor" to be used for pro-Capellan Confederation propaganda against its enemies.
Far as this game goes, I believe that decisions should be based on large group consensus. After all there are too many chiefs and not enough indians in every group. To give the faction to a group or even a single player that can't even maintain its own contracts to the same faction seems foolish at best.

#14 Verenix

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:19 PM

@Stoneblade

Regarding the contract...Everything got reset for that Clan package event...So...my bad for not resetting...?

The only reason this was brought up...was that Metro was devoted to the game...and he did spend A TON of cash to keep the Core Cap. going....i believe paying over 20k just to keep Capella from some random group (like squawkers).

Again this wasn't to antagonize anyone....and I do agree that Metro isn't on anymore....Its obvious people don't like him...but we should at the very least respect what he did put in the game.

Don't go on about "You can't buy the right to Chancellor"....that's not the point. All i'm saying is that he does deserve some recognition...because in all fairness he is the real life Chancellor.....

Again guys for the third time i'm really not trying to antagonize the community...it just seems wrong forgetting what people have put in the game...

I mean think about it...imagine if the squawkers had legal rights as Chancellor...we at least owe that to Metro.

~Verenix~

#15 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

You're ******* delusional, and this is so offensive I cannot countenance your face ever again.

View PostHavyek, on 07 June 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

He may be in charge of the coalition of Liao affiliated units in MWO, doesn't make him the Chancellor. Go to Sarna and see who the Chancellor is circa 3052 and you'll see who the Chancellor is.

He's not in charge of a god damned thing.

View PostVerenix, on 07 June 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

@Stoneblade

Regarding the contract...Everything got reset for that Clan package event...So...my bad for not resetting...?

The only reason this was brought up...was that Metro was devoted to the game...and he did spend A TON of cash to keep the Core Cap. going....i believe paying over 20k just to keep Capella from some random group (like squawkers).

Again this wasn't to antagonize anyone....and I do agree that Metro isn't on anymore....Its obvious people don't like him...but we should at the very least respect what he did put in the game.

Don't go on about "You can't buy the right to Chancellor"....that's not the point. All i'm saying is that he does deserve some recognition...because in all fairness he is the real life Chancellor.....

Again guys for the third time i'm really not trying to antagonize the community...it just seems wrong forgetting what people have put in the game...

I mean think about it...imagine if the squawkers had legal rights as Chancellor...we at least owe that to Metro.

~Verenix~

**** what he did. There were no Liao here when HLGK started. If he had done something worthwhile, we would not have had to create a new unit.

Who cares what he "put into the game"? What the **** are you talking about? I know Liao was dead as a doornail by the time I arrived in OPEN BETA. So if this all took place in closed, he didn't stay around very long.

So what do you claim he did, where is the proof? Where is Metro? He has no ******* claim to anything, and doesn't deserve anything but a bullet for abandoning us - even as you claim he did something to keep Liao ... what, exactly? In the game?

******* disgraceful.

#16 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

There's little to stop you from claiming that you or someone you know is the Chancellor.

However, I would caution that it might be considered a violation of the MWO Discussion Forum Code of Conduct, as it is defamatory to the established MechWarrior universe character of Romano Liao, and curiously enough the "Harassing or Defamatory" language section appears to cover "characters".

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:
- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Piranha Games Inc. employees, or groups of people
- Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Piranha Games Inc. employees, or groups of people

Metro was a firm supporter of MWO and the Capellan Confederation. However, it bears mentioning that the highest recognized rank in the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 3052 is Colonel/Sang-shao. Promoting anyone to a higher rank, might leave people justifiably questioning your loyalty to the Capellan Confederation or whether your post is nothing more than an elaborate troll.

#17 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 07 June 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Metro was a firm supporter of MWO and the Capellan Confederation. However, it bears mentioning that the highest recognized rank in the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces in 3052 is Colonel/Sang-shao. Promoting anyone to a higher rank, might leave people justifiably questioning your loyalty to the Capellan Confederation or whether your post is nothing more than an elaborate troll.

Maybe once he was a supporter of MWO, but he hasn't played since "Launch Day" almost 2 years now. So, he is on an island of his own making.

#18 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:35 PM

Please, people, the voice of the chancellor has only this to say; come meet us on wazan. We're waiting. :)

#19 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 07 June 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Maybe once he was a supporter of MWO, but he hasn't played since "Launch Day" almost 2 years now. So, he is on an island of his own making.

Ugh. More Davion propaganda.

---

"Here on the tranquil island world of Carver V, we are caring for the most mentally scarred of the Fourth Succession War victims."

*camera pans across a white sand beach, accompanied by the sound of lapping surf*

"Just look at this poor soul, undergoing treatment."

*The camera zooms in on Metro, propped on a beach chair, a Mai Tai placed in his loose grip.*

*A woman clad in a white bikini with red crosses marked on the top saunters up.*

"And how are you feeling today, Chancellor?"

*Metro mumbles as his unfocused eyes remain fixed on the horizon.*

"...warfare...coming soon...universe...immersion..."

"There, there...it will get better."

*The camera pans out as the nurse adjusts a sun shade over Metro's head, revealing a beach full of patients.*

"We pledge to continue our tireless efforts, until everyone in this community can one-day rejoin society."

---

#20 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 07 June 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Ugh. More Davion propaganda.

---