Cw - Independent Contracts

6 replies to this topic

#1 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

It would be nice to have a gateway planet, like Outreach or Galatea where mercenaries who aren't picky about their employers could queue and automatically launch to attack or defend whatever Community Warfare planet that needs an opponent. This would be a way to fill the buckets faster, and give lone wolves and independents a way into CW.

This would be useful, because it would be similar to a public queue, except for Community Warfare.

#2 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

We do need to accommodate the Lone Wolves, and unaffiliated Mercenary Corporations.

You seem to be thinking similar to a thread I posted a while ago. (Link in my sig)

I'll post a link here anyway..... http://mwomercs.com/...r-corps-and-cw/

It's just about impossible to know if PGI is aware of, or has seen any of our posts regarding this topis. (I have never seen a response to one by PGI)

Feel free to add to that thread if you like, the more we can flesh out the idea, the better picture we can paint for PGI.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 08 June 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

It occurred to me that Independents and Lone Wolves in CW might need to be associated with Inner Sphere Mechs, and therefore only be launched from Outreach into the attack and defend queues of Inner Sphere planets.

However, a separate Clan launch planet could be set up, such as Wark or Bazaar, and be used to launch any of the Clans that do not have their own invasion corridor. Steel Vipers, Nova Cats, Diamond Sharks and other solitary Clan warriors could group up at this planet and be launched into Clan attack and defend queues that need opponents.

#4 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:44 PM

We only really need two dropdecks. One for Clan and one for Inner Sphere mechs.

These could both be "active or inactive"

Both active and you have no idea which side you will drop for, and if only your Inner Sphere is selected, then you will drop for Inner Sphere only.

It's an idea.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:37 AM

From a lore standpoint, Clan mercenaries simply don't exist. "Lucrewarrirors" are the lowest form of life and are rarely, if ever, even taken prisoner.

That being said, this whole thing is being run by people with no concept of how the BT universe operates.

From a Clan perspective, the biggest problem we've got is that we don't have an Ilkhan. We're allowed to attack other Clans in the invasion corridor. For a society that abhors waste, it seems pretty wasteful to me.

Other than that....not mentioning how the timeline has been mangled (no Federated Commonwealth, no Victor or Katherine Steiner-Davion, no Kai Allard Liao)...CW is pretty much a joke. No real point to the game, way too many new players that haven't even spent 5 seconds in the tutorial or solo queue, tweaks to mechs that make them completely overpowered.....

Yeah, it's a PGI production, all right.

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

I support lone wolves and mercenaries, and think they should be allowed to carve-out their little peice of the galaxy..

The original idea of filling up "missing" dropdecks with mercenary lone-wolves could make getting a CW match started easier..

As for the fact that clans don't use mercenaries.. well.. the best mercenary company of all time was actually a clan wolf invasion scout force..

Remember Jasyn Wolf and his Wolf's Dragoons?

#7 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:24 AM

Well I support basically all ideas which enable lonelywolfs to participate in CW!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users