12 replies to this topic

#1 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

This is a "light" version of my Succession War event, instead of an all out war select a single planet as the goal with predetermined attack lanes (this can vary based on player population). It will primarily be between two factions - an attacker and a defender. This can also be a Clan vs IS (or vice versa) event to allow all players to take part without requiring a change in their faction. The planets in the attack lanes are contested normally. When the Target planet is finally reached then it becomes like the Battle of Tukayyid. This planet will be contested until the end of the event. So the longer it takes for the attackers to reach the Target planet the less time they will have to conquer it. With of course appropriate awards for the winners. Battletech has so much source material that I'm sure there are many other possible scenarios. Players that are fans would love to see PGI use more Battletech lore in the game.
The following is just one possible event idea:

The Galtor Campaign (Davion vs. Kurita)

Davion has two attack lanes:

Dobson - Breed - Paris - Tripoli - Galtor III

New Ivaarsen - Royal - McComb - Marduk - Galtor III

Edited by BoloJoe, 20 December 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#2 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

A little background:

http://www.sarna.net...Galtor_Campaign

Edited by BoloJoe, 12 July 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#3 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

I would like a multi-faction event going on simultaneously to simulate the inter-house wars that waged on, and some inter-clan fights to determine attack lanes into Terra etc.

The large CW events are nice, but I would think that smaller events that give smaller rewards (an example could be a faction colour, warhorn and LP bonus) would be easier to manage and implement on a semi-weekly basis then large scale events.
Also c-bill/LP bonuses to "encourage" some more lore-based combat when attacking/defending against historical enemies.

#4 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Sounds like an event I would like. Played Clan vs Clan yesterday in CW, Wolf vs Ghost Bear that was a true test.

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostBoloJoe, on 08 June 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

This is a "light" version of my Succession War event, instead of an all out war select a single planet as the goal with predetermined attack lanes (this can vary based on player population). It will primarily be between two factions - an attacker and a defender. The planets in the attack lanes are contested normally. When the Target planet is finally reached then it becomes like the Battle of Tukayyid. This planet will be contested until the end of the event. So the longer it takes for the attackers to reach the Target planet the less time they will have to conquer it. With of course appropriate awards for the winners. Battletech has so much source material that I'm sure there are many other possible scenarios. Players that are fans would love to see PGI use more Battletech lore in the game.
The following is just one possible event idea:

The Galtor Campaign (Davion vs. Kurita)

Davion has two attack lanes:

Dobson - Breed - Paris - Tripoli - Galtor III

New Ivaarsen - Royal - McComb - Marduk - Galtor III

I like this, a lot. We need such events. Maybe ones that emphasize 1 faction against another 1 faction. That way, people aren't burned out from ALL of CW, by the end of it. Just 1 front.

#6 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Well looks like PGI is trying something similar with a Target planet and faction vs faction CW events.

Two problems with these events:

1. Need a longer timeframe - 24 hrs is just too short, let it be more convenient for players to participate.

2. Don't reset after every attack phase, make it like the Battle of Tukkayid - victory goes to whomever has control at the end of the event. Losing progress, especially against Clans, really hurts the attackers ability to take a planet in a limited timeframe.

Looks like PGI learned from the Marik event and is giving an IS +20 tons for the Davion event, something needed in my opinion.

#7 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

The Battle of Coventry.

Here's a CW campaign based on the current CW map featuring Clan v IS action. It follows the same rules as the proposed Galtor Campaign.

Clan Jade Falcon launches a brutal campaign against House Steiner. Coventry was selected as the Target World because it is the location of Coventry Metal Work, one of the leading 'Mech manufacturers in the Inner Sphere and the second-largest BattleMech manufacturer in the Lyran Commonwealth.

Clan Jade Falcon has two attack lanes:

Alma Alta - Incukalns - Krievci - Coventry

Westerstede -Upano - Tsinan -Coventry

#8 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:18 AM

Played some CW.....wait its now Faction Play, for the Autumn Harvest Challenge. Nice way to get some rewards but when its over I won't be playing again until the next event (maybe).

Faction Play needs meaningful goals and challenges to make it feel like your actions have a purpose. Why not have events like the Battle of Tukayyid more often for strategic targets like sector capitals or major manufacturing planets. The Battletech lore is there and it would be great if PGI used it.

Maybe after the Steam release they will have time to address some of these issues.

#9 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

With Phase 3 coming soon it will be possible for PGI to do Faction Campaign events.
Pick two Factions for a regular weekend event (Thurs to Tues) time period - an Attacker and a Defender..
Select a Target Planet that the Attackers must take during the event and have incentives for Mercs (have all contracts reset at beginning of event) and Freelancers to join the fight (help to balance the population so it is not one sided).
Can have progressive rewards - X number of Wins with match score over 100.
When the Target Planet is finally reached then it becomes like the Battle of Tukayyid. The planet will be contested until the end of the event (no resetting after each battle window). So the longer it takes for the attackers to reach the Target Planet the less time they will have to conquer it.
The winner of the event should get some nice rewards - i.e. Campaign Decal, Campaign Banner, Faction Camo, etc.

Another weekend pick two new factions. PGI can use this to help change the flow of combat on the map.
i.e. If Steiner is taking a beating from Jade Falcon have an event with Steiner launching a major counter attack to reclaim an important planet.

Edited by BoloJoe, 29 February 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#10 kage131

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

we need this so bad
bump

#11 Dianesion

Rookie

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:48 AM

Things like these should be the priority.

#12 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:47 AM

The events have been interesting but how about one that includes FP participation.

#13 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

From the latest Roadmap it looks Spring/Summer 2017 until we get Special Events in FP. These events I think are for a limited time (please don't make it only a weekend event - a week would be better) and only involve 2 factions. Having a Attacker and a Defender Faction with a designated Target planet would make the event more interesting.

The Galtor Campaign (Davion vs Kurita) and the Battle of Coventry (Jade Falcon vs Steiner) are two scenarios from lore that would be perfect for this type of event.

Maybe include a special bonus/prize if the attacking faction captures the target planet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users