You spelled "Huntsman" wrong. :lol:

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

Those badges of shame are going to come in real handy.

So.... how about those Phoenix Bronze Medallions?

#23 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 June 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

You can never win.

Heres the thing. I DID WIN. I was among the many who brought the choice factor back to game. Sure as hell didn't want to go back to CB like nothing went good.

Another thing to point out, if you look at the unique reward were getting out of this. what the hell were they thinking especially where CW is pretty much DEAD now. So many ppl who bought the recent packs including clan wave 1, had most of their stuff nerfed. it got so many losing faith in PGI that they needed to find a way to get money again with what they got going on.

THAT is what is going on here. If they cant get you to buy the packs, they will try other methods of persuasion to get money flowing again and that means adding unique stuff. if the game didn't act dead like it is now im sure people would do so but with changes made and nerfs that show terrible favoritism to a specific side, Most of the known customers would not put up with that and they are GONE.

The fact they brought this out means I DID WIN.

Before you go saying you can never win, I remind you that PEOPLE WHO PAY FOR THESE PACKS ALWAYS WIN.

#24 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

Nice gesture. Worthless to me anyway since I refuse to waste what free time I have waiting in queue, but it's a free virtual something for nothing.

#25 Varhait

Archivarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 10 June 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

You know, they weren't going to do this, but navid (thank you :) ) wanted to bring it up.

Yeah... you right. But, who knows, maybe one day at least some dreams comes true. ;)

#26 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 10 June 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

My thoughts exactly. I guess it's nice that they made a little gesture for the people who spent, what, 480 dollars or more on Clan collections alone? A little pixel icon for the forum and some cockpit items?

I think it would be cooler if they just gave the "Ardent" Clan players some Invasion (I) versions of the 4th variants.
  • ACH-C (I)
  • SHC-P (I)
  • EBJ-C (I)
  • EXE-D (I)
That would be a good gesture, and it wouldn't be a big job either. But again, this doesn't bother me at all. This doesn't affect me I'm just discussing it from a business standpoint - what I would do as a developer to please my most valuable customers.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 10 June 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#27 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Never thought russ would take that post seriously. Maybe he had something better in his mind and I ruined it? :P

You know what makes it better?
Receiving the Viper as a surprise.

#28 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

Normally I dislike being a negative Nancy, and I do appreciate the reward for spending more money than is even remotely sane on this game...I have to say I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, I'll use the title badge, and if I ever participated in Commodity Warfare the Loyalty medallions would be nice, but...well, a big part of why I got into Wave 2 and its stable of underwhelming performers was the bonus Mad Dog. A forum badge and a bunch of wimpy LP boosters seem like a weak throw after giving 1+2 folks three entire heavy chassis.

Now I'm not saying I'll pitch a fit and cry if I don't get a Viper for owning all three packages...but I'd smile wide and take it as a really great favor if I got a Viper for owning all three packages.

Anyways. Like I said, I hate to seem ungrateful for freebies, but you guys set the bar yourselves with the Mad Dog bonus thing, and a magnificent bar-setting it was. This is...just a little bit under that bar.

Just a li'l.

#29 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostWing 0, on 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Another thing to point out, if you look at the unique reward were getting out of this. what the hell were they thinking especially where CW is pretty much DEAD now. So many ppl who bought the recent packs including clan wave 1, had most of their stuff nerfed. it got so many losing faith in PGI that they needed to find a way to get money again with what they got going on.

Are we supposed to feel bad for those players who have to try a little bit harder now? They were just trying to balance those mechs. Could they have done it a different (better) way? Probably, but they tried the mega duration nerfs. It is kind of annoying, but I'll tell you, my laser vomit Timber Wolves consistently outperform my teammates in their other builds that are not Timber Wolves with 5-6 lasers. And they are easily on par skillwise, better in a couple cases. The only difference is you have to be more selective and smart about poking because of the extra duration, that's all.

#30 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Heres the thing. I DID WIN. ...

The fact they brought this out means I DID WIN.

Before you go saying you can never win, I remind you that PEOPLE WHO PAY FOR THESE PACKS ALWAYS WIN.

while I have no intent on refuting anything you just said (because you're right)...

when I said "you can never win" I mean PGI can never win, and I was talking about the whole matchmaker gamemode affair, because there will always be people who have strong opinions about something en masse... who don't even appear until you piss them off.

#31 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

But the Viper is the only 3050 invasion wave one mech that isn't in the game. They gave us the S'cat instead of finishing the invasion set.

except of course... my favourite mech of all time, the Firemoth... my tears are still pooling up in the gaping hole they left in the netcode that prevents its inclusion. ='[

#32 Varhait

Archivarius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

Nope. It's been a few months since Tina said:

View PostTina Benoit, on 13 April 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hello!

Good news, we're going to be releasing these old versions of the Resistance Badges, on top of letting you keep the new ones you currently have.

We don't have an exact ETA on this yet but we'll try to release them to eligible Resistance owners in the next patch.

about Resistance Badges and no changes or news since then.

#33 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:53 PM

Nice. Thanks!

#34 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

View Post1453 R, on 10 June 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

Normally I dislike being a negative Nancy, and I do appreciate the reward for spending more money than is even remotely sane on this game...I have to say I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

Don't get me wrong, I'll use the title badge, and if I ever participated in Commodity Warfare the Loyalty medallions would be nice, but...well, a big part of why I got into Wave 2 and its stable of underwhelming performers was the bonus Mad Dog. A forum badge and a bunch of wimpy LP boosters seem like a weak throw after giving 1+2 folks three entire heavy chassis.

Now I'm not saying I'll pitch a fit and cry if I don't get a Viper for owning all three packages...but I'd smile wide and take it as a really great favor if I got a Viper for owning all three packages.

Anyways. Like I said, I hate to seem ungrateful for freebies, but you guys set the bar yourselves with the Mad Dog bonus thing, and a magnificent bar-setting it was. This is...just a little bit under that bar.

Just a li'l.

You know..
the maddog (along with the KGC) was to compensate for the poor performing wave 2 mechs (as well as an incentive).
no one would ever go for gargoyle pack if there wasn't any rich rewards.
at the same time it made many people to upgrade their wave 1 too.

wave 3 though... it has its own incentive to pull its own weight. so they did not sweeten the deal. (deal sweetener can be saved for another pack)

#35 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 June 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

You spelled Kodiak wrong :ph34r:

#36 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 10 June 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

You spelled Kodiak wrong :ph34r:

Supernova, you say? Huh.....

#37 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 June 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Forums - for the playerbase to argue about everything and never agree on anything. Congested with junk and idiotic opinions and suggestions. Everybody trying to get everybody's attention at once. Generally... a complete mess.

What Forums Should Be - A place where PGI interacts with their community and sometimes have to lay down the law by taking control and telling people, "No, stop posting that, not gonna happen."

Amarillo Design Bureau does forums right and set the standard IMO.

#38 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 June 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

The Viper would make for a nice surprise... Posted Image

Firemoth would make an even nicer surprise! :angry:

#39 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

I'd only consider this if all the extra 4th mechs were also offered for the completionist 3rd wave buyers. Oh wait I don't play CW as a clanner so these medaillions are useless for me... nvm. :P

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 10 June 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#40 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

View PostTarogato, on 10 June 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

The Viper would make for a nice surprise... Posted Image

This!
(see my signature)

1 user(s) are reading this topic